I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

chapter 14  

3/25/2008

continuation of that 'mushy part'



“Kawaii ne~e?” Rika said in a cute voice. “I really liked this person very much. I want to stay by her side always. Weird right? Having a crush on the same sex, but I don’t care. I just want to see this person’s smile always… and be the reason for that smile.” Rika let her tears fall. She didn’t know what emotion she would feel at that time. She was nervous, scared, and happy at the same time. “I want her to be my friend… and more than a friend if that person agrees… Then I could be the happiest girl in the world.”

Maki on the other hand was speechless. She didn’t know how and what to react to that situation. Rika showed her a mirror. What she saw was her reflection. Both of them felt the same feelings towards each other. If she didn’t hear Rika said those words, she wouldn’t believe it herself.

“…. Am I numb?” Maki just asked and smiled.

“I don’t know… I just presumed it.” Rika dried her tears… Somehow she has this feeling that Maki felt the same way too. Why would she stare at her when she slept that time?

“And to think that I got jealous of myself… Damn it! I was already planning to kick that person’s butt…” Maki laughed. She felt like a fool for thinking those bad things. She realized that Rika could not possibly see someone because she was with her most of the time. And also, she was not good in hiding things so if she had a crush on someone, she would notice it definitely.

“You can now start kicking yourself… I’ll help you if you like.”

“Hidoi! You wouldn’t hurt someone who’s already injured… Will you?” Maki pointed her right ankle. They were near her house. Somehow she was relived that the person Rika was talking about is her.

“Hahaha… I guess I’ll pass this time… So, we’re here. I’ll go now… Here’s your bag.” Rika gave Maki her bag but she just put it down.

“I told you, I’ll walk with you to your house. I want to spend more time with you now that I know what you feel towards me.”

“You’re injured! I know what you feel but I think that it’s better for you to just rest in your house.”

“But I can’t let you walk alone… It’s dark now. Besides I’m strong.”

“You think I’m not strong too? My kick could break a man’s bone into half.” Rika joked. “Let’s just play toss coin. If the head appeared, you can walk with me to my house.”

“What if it’s tail?” Maki asked though she knew what Rika would answer.

“If it’s tail then you should go inside your house now.”
Rika tossed the coin and caught it with her right hand. She opened it and saw that it’s a tail.

“You cheated right?” Maki raised her left eyebrow at Rika and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I didn’t! Now, you should obey our agreement. You should go home now!” Rika pointed towards Maki’s house.

“Hai, hai… I’m going…” Maki got her bag and put it on her shoulder.

“I think you forgot something.”

“Ehh? What is it?” Maki turned around and asked.

“My… good… bye… kiss.” Rika said slowly and blushed. Maki was shocked at what Rika said. She didn’t know how to respond. But somehow, her body moved by itself.

“H.. Hai..” Maki walked towards her. She had a hard time to decide where to kiss her.

“Ok, Maki, this is the moment you’ve been waiting for. Grab the opportunity… But I don’t know how to kiss. Would it be really ok for me to kiss her in the lips? She told me that she had a ‘crush’, it doesn’t mean that were like lovers now, right? It’s just mutual understanding or … Are we really officially lovers now? I don’t know what to do!!! ” Maki was really bothered by the thought. And to add in her nervousness, she saw Rika closed her eyes and readied for the kiss. Maki moved closer towards Rika. She can now feel her breath on her face. She leaned forward and… kissed Rika….


On her cheek.

“Hai, there it is… Kiotsukete kudasai!” Maki immediately turned towards the gate so that Rika would not to see her blushing real hard.

“I didn’t know that you’re such a timid person…” Rika approached Maki, held her face and kissed her on the lips. It lasted for about 5 seconds before Rika let her go. Maki was stunned.

“Hai, I’m going now!” Rika smiled and ran happily across the street. She waved goodbye at Maki before disappearing on the corner.

” She’s really an aggressive person.” Maki just smiled at the thought. She entered their gate with a smile on her face. Her mother was surprised when she saw her ankle. She told what happened that day, except the thing with Rika, and ate their supper. She then went to her room and laid on her bed.

……….
Rika was staring at the ceiling when her mother knocked on her door. Rika stood up and opened her door.

“Nani?”
“Maki was calling on the phone.” Rika’s mom handed her the wireless phone. Rika’s heart suddenly started to beat real fast.

“He… hello?” Rika was stuttering. She remembered what she did earlier. She was somehow embarrassed that she kissed Maki in the lips. But it really felt good.

“Konbanwa… I… just want to check up on you.”

“Should I be the one asking you that? You’re the one who’s injured.”

“Why do you always bring up that topic? You’re so mean…”

“Hehehe, gomen, I didn’t mean to. So…. I did come home in one piece right? You should stop worrying about me now.”

“Hai, so… Are you going to sleep now?”

“Yup.. And you should get some rest to. Let’s talk in the morning.”

“Ok…. Bye, sleep well… Love you…” Maki quickly turned off the phone. After a while, it started ringing and she answered it.

“Moshi- moshi?”

“You didn’t give me a chance to tell you my answer…. I love you too.” Then it was Rika who suddenly turned of the phone. Maki slept that night with a smile on her face. Their relationship was confirmed by those three words.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ chapter 14

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki