I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 3  

7/04/2007

I guess I should stick to the title... No time to think of another. Enjoy the next chap! :)

Chapter 3

First grading period had already passed and still, Rika didn’t make any improvement on the behavior of Maki. Even the projects or “partner” assignments didn’t help at all. Maki’s still aloof and would only talk about the project or assignments, nothing else.

“So for our project in science, I think we should construct a volcano made of clay… and… are you listening to me?”

“Hai” Rika answered. The truth is, she wasn’t even listening to a single word Maki said. She just stared at those lovely eyes of hers…

“We will put baking soda and an acid like vinegar to reconstruct an erupting volcano.”

“That’s a good idea… So, what’s your favorite food? Mine’s yoghurt.” Rika suddenly blurted out. Maki stared at her.

“That’s not part of our discussion… Be serious will you.”

“I was just asking… So when I go to your house, I could bring you your favorite food.”

“And why will you go to our house?”

“To do our science project of course!”

“Who said anything about DOING our project in my house?”

“Me… I promise, I will not mess up your house!” Rika said while smiling mischievously at Maki.

“You can’t go to our house…”

“Are your parents strict? Are you alone in your house? Is your house messy? Is it too small? Come on; tell me why I can’t come?”

“I… I never brought someone inside our house… ever.”

“Ahhh Sou ka…So… if you bring me there, I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO ENTER YOUR HOUSE!!! That’s good, so when will you bring me there?” Rika shook Maki’s left arm, just like a little child would do when she’s bothering her mother about something.

”You can’t go to our house… And that’s final!” Maki said while removing Rika’s hands on her arm. Rika pouted but after a short while, she smiled evilly.

“I don’t like that smile of yours. It seems that you’re plotting something. ”

“No I’m not. It’s just that I remembered something funny. Well, we’ve finalized our plan. So when will we do it? And where, since you don’t want me to come over to your house?”

“Preferably this weekend. I think the school library is open till noon. We’ll meet at the library at 8am, is that alrigth with you?”

“Hai! It’s ok with me. I have to go now, Bye!” Before Maki could say anything, Rika ran as fast as she could towards the exit. But she didn’t really go home yet… She wanted to follow Maki to her house so she can have her “surprise visit” this weekend.



Saturday, Maki’s residence 7:30am

“Mom, I’m going now!” Maki shouted while wearing her shoes near the door. Suddenly their door bell rang.

“Maki, kindly answer it for me. I’ll go there in a jiffy!” Mrs. Goto’s voice seemed to have come from the kitchen. Maki opened the door and was surprised to see someone she didn’t expect…

“Ohayou!!! You’re surprised right?”

“So you were really plotting something last Thursday… I should have known.” Maki said in a sarcastic tone.

“Hehehe. I can be a good stalker someday. I didn’t know that you live near us. My house is just two blocks away. I think I will come here often to visit you.”

“That’s not good for we always see each other in school. Does looking at my face every now and then bore you?”

“No! In fact I like to stare at your face specially your eyes. They are very beautiful.”
Maki was about to answer Rika when her mother appeared behind the door.

“Well, well. A visitor at last!” Maki’s mom smiled warmly at Rika.

“Mom, she’s my classmate. It seems that she followed me here.”

“Ohayou! I’m Rika Ishikawa. Nice to meet you Mrs. Goto.” Rika said while bowing low to show some respect.

“Nice to meet you too. It’s really good that you followed Maki here. This is that first time that someone visited her. Come inside.” Maki’s mom opened the door wide enough for Rika to enter. Rika smiled cunningly at Maki when she passed her by.

“I’ve asked Maki about her favorite food last time, but she didn’t give me an answer so instead, I bought yoghurt to share with Maki." Rika handed out 2 boxes of yoghurt to Mrs. Goto.

“What a coincidence! Maki also like yoghurts. Please have fun in your stay here. I’m baking a cake right now. You don’t mind eating here for lunch right?”

“We’re not having fun. We will make our project.” Maki interrupted them.

“Hey, don’t say that. Learning is fun! Yes, Mrs. Goto. I’ll stay here for lunch.”

“Alright then, I’ll cook delicious food now. Maki, take her to your room and do your project. I’ll just call the two of you when lunch is ready.”

“Now, let’s get to know each other better”









AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 3

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki