I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 44  

4/16/2008

Chapter 44



“Can’t sleep right? You’re missing dad already?” It’s Friday and yesterday was the day they said goodbye to their father on the airport. Miki noticed Hitomi’s lack of enthusiasm on their afternoon practice so after their dinner, she went directly at her sister’s room bringing lots of anime DVD’s which were not yet on Hitomi’s collection. If Miki’s room was full of manga, Hitomi’s room was full of anime DVD’s. She wanted to be at her sister’s side, now that she’s feeling lonely. That’s why Miki ‘forced’ Hitomi to let her sleep in her room though the latter were somewhat reluctant about it. They decided to call it a night when the clock showed that it’s already midnight. They were laying on Hitomi’s bed right for the past 20 minutes now.

“Hmmm, yeah…” Hitomi muffled. She didn’t know whether she was asleep and dreaming or half asleep and thinking, but one thing’s for sure; her mind was being flooded by her last talk with her father.

“He’ll be fine… Just try to think about your happy moments with otousan and you’ll be able to sleep with a smile on your face....”

“My happiest moment was when I was in the hospital years ago and he was taking care of me full time…”

“Ehh? You’re such a gloomy person. Why was that your happiest moment? Were we not happy when we went in Disneyland and Hollywood? That was fun right?” Miki responded. She turned to her side to face Hitomi’s back and put her left hand on her chin for support.

“Yeah… that was fun until he was called in the middle of our vacation… At least I have him all to myself when I was in the hospital…”

“I didn’t know that you’re such a selfish person…” Miki pinched Hitomi’s cheek which made the latter cry out of pain.

“Onee-san!!! If you do that again, I’ll push you out of my room!”

“Awww, if you do that… you’ll hurt your ‘big sister’s’ feelings…” Hitomi’s face softened when she heard what Miki said but immediately went back to her pained expression.

“Expect me to hurt you a lot nowadays…” Hitomi thought that Miki would pinch her again or suffocate her with the pillow as she normally does but instead, Miki hugged her from behind.

“That would be interesting to see… That is… if you can really hurt me… I know you can’t do that to me right?”

“What if I can now?” Both of them remained quiet for a while until Miki decided to break the silence.

“I love you, sis… Oyasumi…”

……………

Rika woke up quite late for that morning. She looked around at Eri’s room and saw that the three were not in there. Her stomach grumbled and when she looked at the clock, it showed that it’s almost 11 in the morning. She fixed the bed and went downstairs softly. When she went out of the room she could hear the three talking in the dining table.

“I don’t care whether you were thinking about Maki or Hitomi…” Rika was somewhat shocked on what Sayumi just had just said.

“I thought the three of us wouldn’t hide any secrets from each other? Why were you on the swing often? There must be something messing up your mind like that…And I know only two persons can do that to you… Maki or Hitomi.” Eri backed up.

“I didn’t mean to hide it to the two of you… I can’t explain it so how would I tell it to you if I, myself, can’t understand it?”

“Even a small; ‘Hey! There’s something that’s bugging my mind… but I can’t really tell it to you now ‘or ‘I have a secret but I can’t tell it to you now’ would be fine. At least we knew what was going on with you… Were best friends… Don’t ever forget that.” Eri hugged Reina. Sayumi followed and this was the time when Rika decided to come out of her hiding.

“What a nice view in the morning!!! You all look cute!” Rika tried to sound happy. Just the name of ‘Maki’ was enough to arouse her nosiness but she tried to suppress it for now.

“ARIGATOU!!!! That was the nicest thing I’ve ever heard today!” Sayu squealed. The rest laughed at her childish reaction.

"What were you talking about before?" Rika's curiosity got the best out of her that her mouth said those words out of nowhere.

“Ano, Reina was just confused… I mean she was thinking about many things that made her stay awake almost every night.”

“Yeah, Eri was right. And because of that, I think I developed insomnia…” The three of them looked at each other. They can’t disclose it to Rika for now. They don’t want to confuse Rika with what Reina said to them. They will keep it for now until they were sure that Rika already moved on.

……………

“What happened to those two?”

“I don’t know… But it sure seemed like they fought or something… Maybe because of her?”

“Come to think of it, I guess you’re right! Those two were as close as ever before… until she, came…”

“I don’t want to see them argue like that although the other’s really annoying...”

“Don’t worry about them… I’m much worried over her. She doesn’t deserve this.”



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 44

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki