I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 36  

4/16/2008

Chapter 36



Chapter 36

“You’re going to eat with her tomorrow?! Are you nuts?!” Sayu exclaimed.

“Hitomi will join us also…” Rika said. They were walking back to their school now. Ayumi said goodbye to them and went alone to the train station.

“I think that she likes you…” Eri suddenly blurted out.

“Ehh? What made you say that?”

“Well, it seemed that Miki’s attitude towards you is a lot nicer than to the other students… and I had a feeling that those Yoshizawa sisters were gay.”

“You have a weird taste if you accept her… She’s not even close to Maki’s personality!” Reina exclaimed. Her two bestfriend hit her in the head.

“And do you really think that I’ll do that? In her dreams, pal!” Rika laughed. Deep inside, she’s still not ready for any relationship yet.

………….
“Hey, mom said that dad wanted to talk to you… That’s why you must go home immediately.”

“Immediately? Ok then, I’ll go there now.” Hitomi stood up from her seat but was immediately thrown down by Miki.

“Baka, after school!”

“You should told me all the details..”

“Were you making fun of me?”

“No, I’m not…” She then noticed the book that Miki was holding. “Hey, did you go to the restaurant?”

“Hmmm, yah… I borrowed it to mom so that I can study how to make Okonomiyaki for tomorrow.” Miki opened the cookbook and started browsing the contents. She stopped on the page containing the recipe for Okonomiyaki.

“Why not study it later when we get home?” Hitomi was really amazed at her sister’s action. She put her two hands under her chin and observed how her sister was smiling while reading the book.

“So that I can try it out immediately when we get home…” Miki replied nonchalantly.

“Why not let mom cook it for you?”

“Ehh?” Miki looked at her sister and smiled … “That wouldn’t be special if I’m not the one who cooked it, right?”

………..
Miki immediately went to the kitchen as soon as she set foot on their house. Hitomi on the other hand went to their father’s study. She knocked three times before she heard her father, signaling her to come in.

“So, what have you been up to lately?” Mr. Yoshizawa asked her daughter as soon as she entered the room. Hitomi went directly to the seat in front of her father’s desk.

“Last summer vacation, Onee-san and I joined the futsal training camp on our school. We became the captain and sub-captain for this years varsity line-up… then…”

“Were you bullied this time?” Her father cut her off. He looked at Hitomi straight in the eyes.

“No… Not yet, I guess… But Miki’s always there to protect me.”

“You must not depend on your sister too much. You must learn to fight back too. I know its wrong too hurt other people but you have a reason to do that… It’s called self defense. You’re so nice that that people wanted to take advantage of it… “

“Hai, I’ll try to fight back from now on…”

“Good, that’s my daughter… So, what are you’re activities for tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow, we will choose what club we want to be part of for the rest of the year. Onee-san and I are automatically members of the varsity club…”

“Can’t you join other clubs other than futsal?”

“I know how to play basketball…”

“Other clubs other than sports? I heard from your mother that Miki’s learning how to cook… I thought that maybe she’s trying to join the Culinary club just like your mother.”

“She’s just trying to impress someone…” Hitomi said to herself.

“What did you say? Who’s she trying to impress?”

“Oh crap… I’m so dead when Onee-san will learn that I told it to Otousan…”
“Ano, Onee-san’s just trying to… ah… impress our new classmate.. She can’t believe that mom is a well known cook before and Miki bragged that she can cook just like mom… Yeah, that’s it. That’s why Onee-san borrowed mom’s cookbook because she promised that she’ll let her taste her cooking.” Hitomi lied. She just hoped that her conversation with her father will come to an end immediately.

“Is that so? That’s so Miki.. Boasting things that she can’t sometimes do… But will try every thing to prove that she can do it… I’m glad that she’s beginning to be friendly towards others… She didn’t tell that part yesterday though… Well then, the main reason why I want to talk to you is, I’m going back to America again two days from now… Do you want anything you want me to buy for you?”

“Ehh, why so fast? You just came back yesterday?... I don’t want anything for now.” Hitomi sadly said.

“We had a big project there… That’s why I need to come back as soon as possible… Well, you can always e-mail me if you want something, ok? You may go now.”

“Hai, arigatou!” Hitomi stood up and went outside. The aroma of the Okonomiyaki is filling their house that’s why she went to the kitchen to check what Miki is doing. “For a first timer like you… That’s smells delicious..” She commented.

“Wait till you taste it… Hehehe… That was fast… It only took you 10 minutes.” Miki said without looking at her sister. Her vision was fixated on the food she’s cooking.

“Well, it’s he just asked me about certain things…”

When it was dinner, Miki served her Okonomiyaki as a side dish. Miki was pleased that it turned out delicious. Hitomi was somewhat envious on what will Rika say to her sister’s cooking.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 36

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki