I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Moving On  

3/07/2009

Yoh! I’m back again! Sorry for the long update but, I’ve been pretty busy with my work so yeah… I don’t know where to start but I feel like my work’s getting on me. I hardly have enough time for fan fic and stuffs. I need some time of my own and to rest my weary mind and body. So, I think I’ll be on an indefinite hiatus for now. I don’t know when I’ll start posting again but I’ll give you a good story if that happens. Sorry guys…T_T.

BTW, The earlier post I did is a birthday fic. I hope you enjoy it! See you again soon! :)





“WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!!!!! NO WAY!!!! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!” Rika wanted to scream without waking up her parents so she grabbed a pillow beside her and screamed on it. Rika wanted to cry although she would look like an idiot. Whose person in his right mind would cry over a fanfic blog? But it was her favorite site, the site which gave her wonderful stories about her favorite girl-group. The site the she’d been lurking for the past three years… And then the updates will suddenly stop. And on top of that, on her last day before going to Hokkaido. Rika got her phone and dialed a familiar number. It was an hour past midnight so she understood why the other line took a while before answering.

“Moshi-moshi?” A sleepy voice answered her.

“Ayu….” Rika couldn’t help it. Her voice was cracking. She knew Ayumi would laugh at her if she learned the reason why she’s crying.

“Rika?” Her best friend’s voice sounded alive and worried. She interrupted her sleep for such a little thing. But it wasn’t just little, for her, it’s a big deal. “What’s the matter with you? Are you crying? Hey, I know that you’ll be in Hokkaido for the next three months but…” She heard her best friend take a deep breath, “don’t cry. You still have your laptop, your phone… You can still call me. It’s just three months and then you’ll be back again here.”

“That’s not it.” Rika sobbed, “Ayumi… my favorite writer’s blog site will be on a hiatus.” There was a moment of silence. She was prepared for the next event; Ayumi laughing at her.

“On hiatus? Kuwagata? Why?” It was Rika’s turn to be surprised. Her friend was not laughing at her.

“I don’t know. She said that she’s been busy with work lately. Ayumi… how will I last at Hokkaido without reading her fics?! I will be there for three months!”

“I think it’s your karma.” Rika was taken aback. “You’ve been reading her fics without even commenting on it. Maybe that’s why she’s closing her fic blog.”

“Ehh?!? NO way! I’ll comment right now! I’ll tell her to…”


“Don’t try to stop her. I’m writer too and sometimes I think about taking a break too. It’s hard to think of new stories that will satisfy the readers and then in real life, you have to work too. Maybe if not for your ideas, I would have stopped writing a long time ago. Just gave her sometime to rest. And who knows, if she posted again, that fic might be her masterpiece.” Ayumi concluded. Rika thought about her friend’s advice. She understood her. After all, she was the person who introduced her to this world.

“Ok. I’ll wait for her update even if it will take her months or a year before posting again. I think for now, I have to be satisfied on the fics on forums and other blog sites.”

“That’s good. Hey, you still have a flight tomorrow. You have to rest now.”

“Thanks Ayumi! You’re the best, best friend ever! You’ll see me off tomorrow right?”

“Yup… I’ll go back to sleep now so I can wake up early tomorrow. Ja!”

“Ja!”


………………………

“Good morning to each and every one of you. Let me introduce to you, Miss Ishikawa Rika, the chief operations officer of the Ishikawa Group of Companies and the only daughter of the CEO of this company. She will be staying with us for the next three months and help stabilize our newly opened branch here in Hokkaido.” The president of the newly opened branch in Hokkaido passed the microphone to the long-haired girl who was beside her. The girl was in her early twenty’s but she already held a high position in their company.

“Good day to all of you! I’m Ishikawa Rika from the main branch. I will be helping you out for the next three months. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!” The employees gave a warm applause to the newcomer… all but one girl. Rika met her glare for a moment.

“What’s that girl’s problem?”

……………………
“What’s the problem? Why did Odagiri-san resigned just like that? Tomorrow will be her third week here?” Ms. Natsumi Abe, the president of the Hokkaido branch asked her secretary.

“Well, she said that it’s her own decision to resign because she found a better job… but I think that it’s because of that girl with some attitude problem.”

“Hey, don’t be like that with her. She’s a good employee that needs some attitude adjustments. I’ll just fix this one. I don’t want Ms. Ishikawa to see something that might ruin the name of our branch.” Natsumi replied. Her secretary just sighed and went out of the room, leaving the resignation letter of one of their employees. Natsumi looked out of the window. She had no idea what to do on the great Miki Fujimoto.

…………….
“Hi there! I’m Rika Ishikawa. Nice to meet you!” Rika extended her hand to the girl that glared at her earlier. She wanted to find out why she did that. It’s her first time here and so, she can’t think of ways on why this girl would do that. Her nice approach was rewarded by another glare. Rika sighed and went straight to the point.

“I just want to ask why you are glaring at me like that. Did I unknowingly bump you earlier? If that’s the case then I’m sorry about it.”

“Just go mind your own business. I want to be alone!” The girl replied sharply. Rika was taken aback. She’s the daughter of the chairman of all these companies and this girl was being mean to her. It’s a clear sign of insubordination.

“I’ll kick you out of this company for sure!!! Oh… wait… I think I’ll just apply what Sayumi did to Reina on Kuwagata’s last one shot birthday fic for Sayumi… If her attitude will not change after that, then I’ll definitely kick her out!”
“Well then, I’ll leave you alone for now but that doesn’t mean that we will never meet again. After all, I will stay here for the next three months.”

……………….
Rika logged on to Kuwagata’s site but still, there’s no new update. She’s getting bored staying in Hokkaido. She’s been only here for a week and the only reason that made her want to get up and go to work was to tame that girl named Miki. She asked the president about that girl and she heard lots of positive things that she had done before when the company was established a month ago. The only problem was her attitude and Rika vowed to fix that. Just like what Sayumi did to Reina. Rika smiled as she remembered what she did this morning…

“You know what, my family cheers for Hanshin but what’s funny is that they don’t really know the current players except for coach Hoshino and the pitcher Irabu.. Isn’t that funny?” Miki looked up at her desk. The daughter of the chairman was pestering her again. She decided not to reply and get back to work. Rika smiled and continued her ‘funny story’.

“Do you know those 5-toed socks that are popular now? I heard they were good for your feet so I tried them and my secretary asked me.” Rika imitated a small voice, “Do you have athlete’s foot? Isn’t that funny?” Miki breathed in deeply. Her boss was getting on her.

And then last week, when I went to the airport for my flight, I took my big suitcase with me and tried to get a taxi. When I saw the taxis coming, I raised my hand but they all ignored me… I’d been waiting for a taxi for an entire hour! Thank goodness I left our house two hours earlier or else I will be late on my flight… Isn’t that funny?”

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you bothering me like this? And what’s so funny about your stories? It’s so lame! Elementary kids can tell funnier stories than yours.”

“Well, it’s funny if you don’t categorize it into funny or not.”

“Huh?!?” Miki replied, shocked by what her ‘boss’ was telling her now. The people who try to talk with her will immediately go away when she told them not to bother her but their boss was different; the more she said not to bother her, the more she’s annoying her.

“I know it doesn’t make any sense and it’s really hard to explain... but if you try to think of it… you won’t think of it as funny if you have a standard to what’s funny or not funny. But if you don’t have that set of standards, you’ll be laughing at anything.” Rika saw Miki’s confused look. That’s a good sign that she was getting on her nerves.

“So what’s your point then?”

“My point is… Don’t try to be stiff and live in your own world. I know you’re so serious about this work but you have to change your standards. Enjoy your work as you enjoy your life. And I’ll tell you, if you do that, you’ll be able to laugh at anything.” Before Rika walked away, she messed up Miki’s short hair. She saw Miki’s shocked expression before she left her.

……………..
“Hi! I’m the transfer student here and I want to make friends with you.” Reina looked up and glared. She then continued reading her book but the other girl was also determined. “I noticed that you don’t seem to mingle with other students so I decided that I’ll befriend you.”

“Leave me alone.” Sayumi hate rejections and she made up her mind early on that she will change this girl’s attitude. She pulled out a chair and sat beside Reina.

“Do you know why seven’s scared of eight?” Sayumi smiled as Reina raised her head from the book that she was reading and looked… glared at her. She was getting her attention. “Because seven eight nine… Got that? Eight, ate nine!! HAHAHAHAHA!” Sayumi noticed Reina shaking her head and went back to reading her book.

“Do you know where Hamsters live?” Sayumi heard Reina sighed out loud. “They lived at HAMSTERDAM!!! HAHAHA!!! It’s funny right?”

“WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME?!” Reina yelled at Sayumi.

“I’m not bothering you, I just want to see you laugh. Ever since I’ve transferred here, I’ve never seen you laugh or smile even for just once. You always look so gloomy and serious and if you continue that, you’ll have wrinkles before your twentieth birthday…”

“SO? What’s your point then?”

“My point is… Don’t try to be stiff and live in your own world. I know you’re so serious about studying but you have to change your standards. Enjoy your studies as you enjoy your life. And I’ll tell you, if you do that, you’ll be able to laugh at anything.” Sayumi stood up and messed Reina’s hair before going out of the classroom; leaving a confused Reina behind.


“That’s the important ‘Sayumi hair-mess’. Reina changed her attitude after that. Maybe it will change her too. Only time knows what will happen.”

………………..
“Oi, why are you walking alone here?” Rika didn’t need to look back. She knew the owner of that voice.

My, my… it took you a month… Well, this is reality and I’m glad that it worked. Kuwagata’s really a good writer! Her fics can be applied in real life!”
“I always walk here alone, why?”

“Don’t you have a car or a bodyguard? After all, you’re still the daughter of the CEO.”

“Hmmm, I have a car back at home, but I didn’t bring it here. And besides, there are lots of things that I will see and experience when I will walk rather than to take a drive.”

“You’re the first person that I find weird here in this company.” Miki replied. Rika stopped walking and looked back at her co-worker.

“REALLY?! Well, we both have the same ideas! You’re the first person in this company that I find weird too! You always want to do things alone. Normal people would wish that they were not alone in this world, not like you. From what planet are you?” Rika joked. She caught a glimpsed of Miki smiling.
“YATTA!!! She smiled for the first time!!! I’m so great!”

“I’m from Mars.”

“Hontou?! So that’s why you have that fiery attitude… Hi! I’m Rika from Venus, the planet where all beautiful aliens live!” Miki burst out laughing. Rika joined her too. They stayed in that spot for a couple of minutes, laughing like idiots.

“What the hell was that?! I didn’t know that you’re narcissistic. My god that was funny!”

“I’m glad that you laughed at my stupid joke. See? I told you. It’s not that funny but you laughed because you didn’t have that set of standards you have before…right?” Miki shook her head and returned to her serious look.

“Haven’t you realized it? That was a sarcastic laugh.” Rika hit Miki’s arms. Miki glared back at her but Rika just continued laughing. Miki couldn’t help but laugh too.

“Your laugh is like a virus. You keep on infecting me.”

“Then, I’ll evolve and be a stronger virus so even if I went back home after two months, you’ll still be able to laugh like this.”

“You’re such a weird girl.”

“Yep… but the weirdest of all is Abe-san’s laugh.” Miki smiled. Her boss was ‘attacking’ her another boss. She imagined Abe-san sneezing right now.

“Yeah, she always snorts like a pig when she’s laughing.”

……………
“Ohayou Ishikawa-san!”

“Ohayou Abe-san! What’s the news?” Rika sat on the chair in front of Natsumi’s desk.

“What did you do with Fujimoto-san?”

“Ehh? Why? Is there something bad that happened with her?” Rika asked worriedly.

“No, there’s nothing bad that happened with her it’s just… I saw you two together in the meeting room yesterday and you both seemed happy discussing things. Fujimoto’s attitude changed a lot if you ask me.”

“Oh!! So that’s what you mean! And I thought that something bad happened with her… Well, I just read something on the net and I applied it to Miki. You know, at least I’ve done something in my stay here in Hokkaido.”

“And I’m grateful to that. I didn’t know what to do with her attitude and then you changed her so easily. Thank you.” Natsumi bowed to Rika.

“Hey, stop that! It’s really nothing. After all, even though this is a different branch, we’re still under one company.” Rika smiled warmly. She will go back to the main branch in less than a week and she was happy that her father sent her here, and work with the best, and funny people. She will try her best to visit this branch at least twice a year.
……………………..
“I leave everything to you. I hope that this branch will make the goals that we planned.” Rika handed a thick folder to Miki. They were eating at a restaurant near the former Hokkaido Government Office. They discovered this place a month ago and Miki liked the taste of their Yakiniku here that’s why they always find time to eat here. The place has a really good ambience too so most of the plans for the company was planned here, not in the meeting room of their office.

“Why hand it over to me? You should take that to Abe-san.” Miki asked before taking a bite at her Mango Pudding which she ordered for dessert.

“Well, for the simple reason that ‘WE’ made it. The two of us. My plan; your plan. Abe-san has other plans too. I already told her about this and she was happy when I told her that I’ll leave this up to you. She trusts you and I trust you. Just update me when these plans are working or not.” Miki took the folder from Rika and put it beside her purse. Tomorrow, their weird COO will fly back to the main branch. But she’s thankful that she was able to work with her for the past three months.

“Ok, I’ll just call you when the plan’s working. Hey, after this, let’s take one last walk in the park.”

“Sure! Oh yeah, can I have a copy of the pictures of my farewell party earlier?”

“Huh? Why would I give you something that I didn’t have?”

“Ehh?!? I saw you holding a digicam while I’m singng my farewell song!” Rika pouted.

“Well, it must have been your imagination. I didn’t have a digicam.”

“Hidoi…”

Rika and Miki were walking along a park. This was their route after eating in that restaurant. Rika breathed in deeply.

“Ahhhh, it’s so nice to breathe in night air.”

“Yeah, but I hope you don’t do that again.” Rika looked at Miki, puzzled.

“Ehh? Why?”

“You see, in the morning, plants breathe in the carbon dioxide that we inhale but during the night, they breathe in oxygen too. You don’t want to take all of the oxygen away from them do you? You need to share it. Even if they are not humans, plants have life too.” Miki glared at Rika who was looking intensely at her. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Wow, I didn’t know that you’re a deep person. I wouldn’t have thought about it if you didn’t say that to me.” Rika said, still looking surprised at what her co-worker said earlier.

“I thought that you’re a magna cum laude? You should have thought about that long before.”

“Hahahaha… I guess that I’m really really smart that I forgot some itsy-bitsy things.” Rika laughed.

“You’re really narcissistic.”

“I’M NOT!!!!” Rika was about to hit Miki’s shoulder when she saw Miki’s serious face mixed with sadness.

“Thank you for changing me back.” Rika was surprised when Miki pulled her close for a hug. “Thank you very much.”





........

Did I fool you there? HEhehehe, Even though I’m always busy with my work, I will not stop writing… although it would take some time before I’ll post it, so yeah… HEhehehe. Any ways, this is my birthday fic for Charmy… and also for Miki…I know it’s somewhat… short and all but yeah… It’s just some flashback on Rika’s Hokkaido trip…LOL



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ Moving On

  • Anonymous
    March 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

    *Squeals* KYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!~

    ARIGATTOU GOZAIMASU!~

    THANK YOU x100(I figured it'd be better if I didn't write it 100 times this time, though I have done it on other occassions :$ )

    Thank you sooo much! And you know how much I wanted to find out what happened on that trip to Hokkaido too~! Aww thank you so much!

    I got really confused at first but now I think I got it down. Ok this is what happened when Rika went to Hokaido BEFORE she met Yoshi right? Cause she already knew Miki when she had met Yoshi so if she had just met her in this this must be before, when they had first met.

    Awww Miki you're soooo lovely!~ I loved the cuteness of their relo!~ Hmm now if I see some YoMiki to compare, I'll probably be able to figure out the real pairing here lol. Maybe they should send Miki over :D That'd be more convenient than sending both Yoshi and Rika. And this way she can kinda just walk in sorta unanounced and see them natural which would probably cause her to make some deductions.... hmm if she sees them all friendly she might think they're lovey dovey and JERASHI!~ will happen..... I can see it now, Miki walks into the office, sees Rika and Yoshi chatting up on the couch, glares and walks away. Then Nachi comes in and hints that Miki came and then either Yoshi'd be like "OH SHIT! MY GF MUST'VE GOT THE WRONG IDEA!~" or Rika'd be all clueless like "I wander why Miki's jealish" which could mean one thing: CHARMIKITY!~

    Join me in the Charmikitiness, lol, I already started another Charmikity story. Can't get enough of them lately lol.

    Hey btw do you play the Sims? Dunno why but I had a feeling we'd have that in common..... strange.. Anyway thank you soo much and I've used up enough of your comment page thingy, spammin with my own personal charmy-fangirlishness so I'll be quiet now and stop hurting your eyes.


    Thank you again ^^) You're one of the few people that even did anything for my birthday. Most people dogged my party and said "Oh it was too short notice" It's like, I gave you one or two days, how much longer did you need? It's not a ball man, it's just a party, just put on some jeans a shirt and pop down! Gaah. In the end non of my friends came which sucked. But heaps of family friends showed up and old peepz too (And you know dey be bringin' da cash lol sorry, gangsta talk from spending too much time at jphip) and it wasn't lonely or anything. All in all it was ok I guess. Except some smartass was like "Oh I'm only here for the food" and all so when we finished eating I was like "Well, food's over, you can go now -_-" but then I felt kinda slack.... oh well. That's still not something you should say to the birthday girl, esp if she barely knows you, cause she's gonna think you're serious *rolls eyes*... anyway thanks heaps, and on Miki's behalf "Domo arigatou". Oh she also told me to tell you "Hey stop writing about me unless it's YoMiki or Charmikity!" XD haha that sassy girl. Anwyway I'll shut up now ^^) thankyou!~ It weally wawmed my heawt. (pretend those 'w''s are 'r''s~) (except for the... second one!) (that one is really a 'w') (I'm an idiot) (I'll really shut up starting... Nnnnnow~!)

  • Anonymous
    March 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

    PS

    *huggles*

    Thanks oneechan =3

    *huggles more*

    bye bye~

  • cogi_yoshi
    April 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

    Hehehe... The first version didn't have that Hokkaido trip. But when I dreamt the continuation of that dream, I realize I had to write the Hokkaido part for the readers to link the 'scenes'. So yeah.. the update's really slow. But I'm on the 10th..or maybe the last chapter now. Just finalizing before I post up the 7th chapter... And before I post it up, I'll post the b-day fic of Rika (it's still somewhat related to the fic... that's a spoiler for you)... and I'll try to make a b-day fic for Hitomi.... still deciding whether to link it to the story like Rika's Hokkaido trip... Hehehehe...XD

    Yep, I played sims before.. That's way back when I still didn't know Morning Musume. I'm still a JE addict on that time so my characters' names were based on them like Ryo and Junno... If I knew Morning Musume back then then I'll use their names and make them...do something *aherm, out you pervy thoughts*
    Now,I'm playing Sim City which is somewhat boring... It just gets interesting when I'm playing GOD and destroying the city....Hehehe

    I'm glad that somehow I made you happy on your birthday...although it's a post birthday gift..Hehehe. I'll try to write Charmikkity... But my mind's getting weaker as I get busy from work. So if you have any request or suggestions..feel free to tell it to me... LOL

  • yushiro909
    September 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

    this is what im talking about! a

    CHARMIKITTY fic! kya!!!!!!!

    hope the next update show some miki-rika in it! its a rare or weird couple but i love them.......

    moe~ moe~

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki