I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

The Next Leaders  

11/12/2008

Another post-bday fic I guess..LOL. This fic is based on my fic 'Inside the Elevator' and 'What Happened Next'. This is a continuation..XD



Reina’s “wonky” eyes were somewhat red and swollen that day so she decided to wear her sunglass inside the practice hall. When she placed her bag on the bench, she took that opportunity and lied down for a while.

“OHAYOU REINA!!” Eri greeted while removing Reina’s eye protection. The turtle was taken aback by the redness on Reina’s eyes. She quickly imagined her friend crying her heart out last night. She shook her head and sat beside her friend.

“Do you have a problem? You know, you can always share it with me and together, maybe we can solve it.” Eri smiled warmly.

“A problem? You’ll help me fix my problem?” Eri nodded. Reina took a deep breath and looked at her friend’s eyes seriously. “Well, my problem is Sayu! She won’t let me sleep last night! She kept on blabbering and saying irrelevant things over the phone. I only have an hour of a good sleep. I doubt if Sayu will come today.” Reina ended her ‘litany’ when the door opened and revealed a really hyper and enthusiastic “Shige Pink” and “Koha Pink”.

“OHAYOU!!!!!” The two simultaneously shouted. Reina tried to remain calm though she knew that her patience would come of short due to lack of sleep.

“Ohayou, you seem to have an endless source of energy for a girl who only slept for an hour.” Reina added a sarcastic tone to let Sayu know that she’s in a really bad situation right now.

“Hai! “I drank coffee to energize myself! I’ll call you again this evening ok?” Sayumi sweetly said to her friend. As much as Reina wanted to stay calm, the image of her having another “phone marathon” later that night, made her snap.

“What! Do you have sleeping problems lately? If you have, then please don’t involve me. Eri’s your friend, and so is Kusumi. Why don’t you bother them instead of me?.”

“Awwww….” Sayumi replied, “but I want you…. It has to be you, no one else..” Both Reina and Eri were shocked by what Sayumi had said. Kusumi was… a little too preoccupied with something else(or pretending to be preoccupied with something else).

“What?!? Just because Yocchan graduated, you’re already replacing her as your prince?!” Reina returned to her normal self and lightly smacked Eri’s head because of her weird comment.

“Baka… That’s not what she probably meant. It could be something else, right?” Reina glared at her narcissistic friend.

“No, that’s exactly what I mean..” Sayumi grinned. Reina tried to send a hidden message to Eri to save her. She can‘t focus on what Sayu was saying last night, and what she probably will say today must be related to all of her rantings. And Reina didn’t want her day to be “messed up” by her narcissistic friend. Luckily, Eri ‘detected’ her signal, (with her alien antenna of course) and helped her.

“No way! I will not let you do that! She’s mine first! Your Oji-sama is Yocchan…. I’ll tell Yocchan about your infidelity to her…”

“Oh yeah?! And when did you start claiming Reina as your prince?” Sayu crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow on her friend. Eri blinked for a while.

“Uhmmm, just now?” Sayumi grinned. She knew that she had won. Reina massaged her temples. She didn’t like where this conversation was heading as Eri defended her answer.

“I’ve always been in love with her! You probably don’t realize it because I always spend my time with Mame-chan but it’s true. And I won’t let you take her away from me!”

“So, here’s another couple in our group… I’m so thrilled.” The four looked back and saw the rest of the members headed by their leader. Risa smacked their leader’s head lightly for making that sarcastic comment.

“Eri, is it true?! You’re in love with Reina?! Woah! It’s just like we were stalking Hitomi and Miki last week… and then…” Risa looked at Ai. Ai blushed and looked in a different direction. “and then… this?! My gosh! And as a bonus, you’re a love triangle!!! How cute!!!”

“NO way!!!” Sayumi screamed. It will be a Reina-Sayumi pairing. There’s no love triangle!”

“Really?!? There are lots of TanaKamei fanfics on the net than your pairing. Give it up Sayu!”

“No! I won’t give up! Reina’s mine!!!”

“Mine!!!”

“MINE!!!!”

“Fight! Fight! Fight!” The two Chinese girls screamed.

“WILL YOU STOP SHOUTING!!!!” Reina yelled. Her fellow rokkies stopped and so did the other members. “Look, I haven’t had any decent sleep last night so please… and what the heck is that Reina-Sayumi or TanaKamei pairing? There’s no pairing right?!? I’m straight!!!”

“Straight my ass… That’s what Aichan said to me last time.”

“Aherm…” Ai coughed, “enough Risa… Let’s just settle this argument so we can proceed with our practice for today. So, where will we start first?”

“Why don’t you start with the one who caused this problem, right?” Aika got into the room just after Kusumi and Sayu so she heard most of the story. Ai nodded and looked at Reina.

“So who caused the problem in the first place?”

“Sayu… She’s been bugging me since last night! And because of her… I have eye bags!” Reina pointed to her red, swollen eyes with blackish markings on the lower part.

“I was just having a good, ol’ chat with you on the phone.”

“A nice chat is ok, but depriving me of sleep is really not good!” Reina answered back.

“Ehhh?!?You’re getting angry with me?! Hidoi!!! You’re going to make me cry…”

“It’s me who wants to cry because you didn’t give me enough time to sleep!!!”

“STOP!!!!” Eri raised her voice, making her two friends stop their argument. “Thank you… So, Sayu… what’s your main reason for calling Reina in the first place?” Eri hit the spot. Sayumi looked down and played with her fingers. The long pause made the other girls impatient.

“C’mon Shige Pink! Don’t make me wait like this! What’s your reason?!?” Koharu shook her sempai’s shoulder. Sayumi put on her usual ‘cutesy’ smile.

“Remember your ‘theory’ last week? I was just following it…” Sayumi confessed. The other girls ‘literally’ smacked their own faces. They forgot that it’s Sayumi who they’re dealing with so they should expect some ‘weird’ answers from her.

“So?!? What about that weird theory of hers?! I don’t want to be your sub-leader!”Reina replied.

“Ehhh?!? If you don’t want to be my sub-leader then… I’ll be the sub-leader instead… And you’ll be the leader!”

“It’s not like that Sayumi…” Risa spoke. “It’s based on seniority. So, if Ai and I will graduate, the probable leader will be Kame-chan and you will be the sub leader. Reina’s younger than you, remember?”

“Hontou ni!” Sayumi shouted with joy… “I thought that it’s based on singing talent… So, there’s nothing to worry about.” She looked at Eri with her usual ‘cutesy’ grin. “I’ll call you later, ok?”

“Help…” It’s Eri’s turn to look at Reina.

“I’m going to sleep early tonight… Good luck!”

The End


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ The Next Leaders

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki