I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 50  

4/16/2008

Chapter 50



“EHHH? You don’t have to do that! I can buy my own shoes!” Rika protested.

“Don’t worry, it’s my treat. I would really like to give something to you as a gift. I don’t have an idea of what you like so when I saw that your sneakers were somehow worn out, I just thought that I’ll buy you one.” Hitomi explained. She was annoyed at herself for saying that without thinking. How will she answer Rika if she asked why she wanted to give her a gift. She was thankful that Rika didn’t catch it and said something else.

“Ok, I’ll let you choose what shoes you would like to give me but I’ll be the one who will pay for it or I’ll not let you know the size of my foot.”

“If that’s the case then, I’ll just discover it myself.” Hitomi kneeled down and tried to get Rika’s left foot. She tried to measure it by using the sneaker that she chose for Miki. Rika was surprised and lost her balance immediately. Some of the shoes also fell when she tried to stop herself from falling right onto Hitomi by holding into one of the shoe racks. The sound of falling objects got the attention of many people. Rika immediately stood up and said sorry to the saleslady. She unknowingly started picking up the shoes and put them back in its place. Hitomi joined her afterwards. They put the shoes back into its place silently. The crowd left them alone again.

“It wouldn’t happen if you just told me your size.”


…………
“Why are you following me… Who are you anyway?”

“I’m… I’m Rika…. I really missed you a lot!”

“Rika? I’m sorry, I don’t know you…..”


Maki walked away and she tried to run after her but she couldn’t reach her. A piece of paper flew right in front of her.
Your loved one will hurt you deeply. You must accept it so as to be happy again.

Rika shouted Maki’s name over and over again. She threw away the piece of paper and tried to catch up with Maki. She shouted her name over and over again and then, she saw Maki got hit by a speeding car..

MAKI!!!” /

Rika immediately ran towards the bleeding body. She was glad that Maki’s still breathing.

“Maki, it’s me, Rika… I’m your… girlfriend. I’m going to find some help.” [/I] Rika managed to say in between sobs.

“Gi…girl…friend?”

Rika tried to get up to get some help but Maki held her hands firmly, as if signaling her to stay.

“Hey! Why are you holding her hands like that? I’ll beat you to pieces if you lay one finger on her!”

“Miki? What the heck are you talking about? Don’t just stand there and call an ambulance!”

“Let’s go, just leave her alone.” Miki tried to pull Rika away from Maki but Rika resisted. Rika’s hand slipped from Miki’s grasps, making her fall down, her lips falling right on to Maki’s. She blushed for a second and remembered that Maki was injured. She pushed herself up so she would add no more injuries to the person beneath her.

“Maki are you… al… right…” Rika trailed off.


………

Rika immediately sat up, sweating profusely. “What a weird dream… It gets weirder and weirder every time.” She mumbled at herself but then, she remembered the scenario at the store which she thought was the reason why she dreamt something like that. She blushed at the thought and lied back down on her bed.

“That kiss, it feels good somehow…”


…………
“Thanks for buying me a new pair.” Miki was reading her new manga when Hitomi knocked on her door.

“Otousan said I can do whatever I like with the money he sent me… and I saw your sneakers… So I thought I’ll buy you a new one.” Hitomi’s vision passed Miki and saw the book on her sister’s table. She pushed her sister aside and immediately went beside it. “DEATHNOTE!!!!! I guess this is where you used your money right?”

“Hai… I’m almost finished with it. Do you want to borrow it?”

“Hai!!! Hai!!! HAI!!!! Arigatou!”

“You seem pretty happy tonight…” Miki asked which made Hitomi quiet suddenly. “Did something happen?”

“Yah… Hahahaha… I think I won’t be able to go to that store again… I made quite a mess there.” Hitomi laughed nervously.

“Why? What happened?”

“Ano, I’ve lost my balance and the shoes fell on me… I’ve said sorry to the owner immediately and arranged the shoes back into its place.” Miki’s eye grew wide in disbelief. After a few seconds, she let out a chuckle.

“I guess you were day dreaming again right? This past month, you’re becoming inattentive quite frequently. Oh, by the way, have you eaten your supper already? Cause I think I need someone to share my midnight snack with.”

“Yeah… I’ve eaten in a restaurant before coming home.” Miki eyed her sister. It was visible that Hitomi was hiding something from her. She would unravel it right now.

“Whoa, and you didn’t get lonely eating alone… You should have called me or something.”

“I… I… didn’t eat alone.” Miki smirked. She was right, her sister was hiding something or someone.

“And? Who’s that ‘lucky’ person?” Hitomi closed her eyes. She breathed in deeply and looked at her sister straight in the eyes. Her nervousness was replaced by courage in an instant. “I’m with Rika.” Hitomi could clearly see Miki’s shocked face. She patted her sister’s shoulder. “Saa, I hope you like my gift… I’m going to sleep now.” She turned back and walked towards the door.

“Oh yeah, I’ll just borrow your manga tomorrow morning so finish it up tonight. Oyasumi!” Hitomi closed the door silently and went towards her room. Miki’s still form kept appearing on her mind.

“I guess it was uite a blow on her part… I’ll have a hard time sleeping tonight…”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 50

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki