I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 58  

4/16/2008

Chapter 58



Monday morning came and there were no traces of the festivity that happened last Friday.
The students were back to their normal ways. Hitomi and Rika seemed closer to each other. Miki almost made it to the class just after the bell has rung.

“Ohayou princess Sapphire!” Rika greeted Miki. Miki in turn just glared at her and went to sit in her chair.

“I guess she didn’t want to be called like that ever again.” Hitomi leaned in and whispered.

“Ok, I understand.” Rika smiled back.


…………….
“Why did you have to come to this school and ruin our lives?!” Miki shouted at Rika while holding her collar tightly. Miki waited after class to have some talk with Rika. She took her in an abandoned garage room in the backyard of the school where no people can hear them.

“Ehh? Why are you so angry like that? What did I do?”

“Are you numb or what!?! Haven’t you noticed my glare when you are FLIRTING with my sister?!” Miki tightened her grip on Rika making the other one almost suffocate.

“I… I was… not flirt…ing with…her…” Miki released the grip on Rika. She immediately gasps for air. “I didn’t flirt with her. That was just part of the play, isn’t it?”

“So, kissing her last Friday night was still part of the play?”

“Why do you even think those kinds of things?” Rika replied carefully. Miki’s attitude right now changes drastically into someone she hasn’t seen before. She thought that this was the REAL Miki everyone was talking about.

“Because you ruined our lives…. You ruined my LIFE!!!”

“Ruined your life? I didn’t know that you’re a possessive sister… Maybe that’s why Hitomi’s doing that ‘flirting thing’ to me. Because she was just happy that she had the opportunity to be with another individual besides you!!!” This time it was Rika who’s shouting at Miki. “Eri and the others told me so. When I came here, Hitomi and you somewhat became close to me. I thought that you did change, but my guess wasn’t right. You’re such a selfish sister. You didn’t even think about her social life. You always spend time with her when you’re inside your house, why didn’t you give a chance for her to have other company here in school? You’re the one who’s being numb here. If you really love you’re sister that much, why didn’t you notice that she was unhappy? She was unhappy for not having any close friends because you ALWAYS SCARE THEM!!!.”

“You’re wrong… You don’t have any idea on how much I love her.”

“Then why are you doing this to Hitomi? Why do you not want others to be with her?”

“BECAUSE I’M JEALOUS WHEN SHE’S BEING TOO FRIENDLY WITH OTHER GIRLS LIKE YOU!!!” Miki blurted out. Rika could see that Miki was just holding back her tears. It wouldn’t be long before she let them roll on her face.

“Na.. Nande?”

“Why? You want to know why!?!” Miki looked straight at Rika’s eyes. Her tears are already streaming down her cheeks. “Because SHE’S NOT MY REAL SISTER!!!” Miki kneeled on the ground and wailed.
Rika was dumbfounded. Now she understands why Miki scares those who wanted to be near Hitomi. Miki never looked at Hitomi as a sister in the first place.

“Do… does she know it? Rika got the courage to ask Miki after a minute of silence.

“No, only my parents and I know about it. We didn’t tell her.”

“Then why? If you love her like that… Why did you have to make it look like you have a thing for me instead?”

……….

Rika stared at her bedroom ceiling that night. There are many things that happened that day specially that conversation with Miki.

“If you told her what I’ve told you today, you’ll be really sorry. And don’t come near her from now on.”

Rika cried herself to sleep. Fate must be playing with her. Tomorrow morning, though it hurts very much, she will avoid the person she’s beginning to love.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 58

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki