I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Sleep Over  

10/12/2008

I was editing Chapter 14 of Maiden’s Curse 3 nights ago when ‘it’ happened. It was past midnight but I’m still not sleepy… (a bad idea indeed). I always write my fics in the dark; meaning, the only light is from the computer but that particular night, I left the lights open. And then ‘it’ came… I was scared… for all of my windows were open (a full grown man can fit in those windows). I tried not to look back… and to focus on my editing and stuff. (Watching PV’s and funny clips which can distract me from that ‘thing’). And then it disappeared… At around 1 in the morning, my father knocked on my door and told me to go to sleep… And I obeyed immediately… I closed my door and turned off my lights (which is probably the most stupid thing I did that night) and slept on my brother’s bed. (We share the same room and our bed is a double deck. Since he’s sleeping on his friend’s house, I took the lower part which is his bed… which is the smartest thing I’ve done that night.:)) And then, ‘it’ came back… So, my next one shot, is about my “scary” experience… I edited/ added some things to add some “doki-doki” factor… I usually chose Hitomi to play as myself but I’ll try someone else… besides, we are both somewhat ‘alien’. Hehehe… Enjoy!



The room was dark and quiet. She didn’t have the slightest idea why she’s there… All alone. The host of the house let her sleep on the other room, which is indirectly her fault. She really wished her narcissistic friend was with them at that time, she probably didn’t do that. But it already happened. She was left with no choice but to remember the earlier events of that day.

“Hey, are you free?”

Eri looked back and saw Reina’s smiling face. She knew what her friend meant by that. It was an invitation for a sleep over that night. It became a habit with them every time they knew that the next day’s a free day. She smiled back at her and nodded. “I’ll call my parents first. Is Sayu coming with us?” Eri eagerly asked. She always loved having sleep over’s with her fellow rokkies.

“No, it’s just the two of us tonight. She said her sister will visit her. Sayu will try to come tomorrow morning.”

“Awww… It wouldn’t be fun without her.” Eri playfully sulked. Reina messed her hair up before picking up Eri’s bag.

“So, let’s go?”
………………….
“Why did you bring your laptop? I have my computer at home.”

“Ehhh? As if I can foresee that you will invite me over your house today.” Eri smiled, “I may be an alien but that’s beyond my powers.”

“Hahaha, you should have foreseen it because it’s our rest day tomorrow.” Reina replied.

“But I… I…” Eri looked straight into Reina’s eyes. Reina thought that Eri had a ‘serious’ answer with her solemn look but then, Eri smacked herself and laughed.
“I forgot.”
……………………
The ‘location’ for that week was Reina’s apartment. It’s a small place with two small bedrooms, but its cozy enough for a family of four.

“So, what do you want to eat? I only have cheese in my ‘refrigeeta’.” Reina joked.

“Hahahaha… You still remember that? Well, you decide. Do you want to have a people people, party party?” The two of them laughed loud. It’s going to be a long night for the two of them. Reina picked up her phone and called a Chinese restaurant. She ordered some spring rolls and noodles, which they were going to eat while having their movie marathon.

The first ‘movie’ they picked was…

“Ehh? Sergeant Keroro?” Reina whined. And it’s not actually a movie; it’s more of a series. “It’s a frog! I thought that you’re a turtle?”

“But were both funny… and green.” Eri smiled mischievously as she pushed the play button. Reina had no choice but to watch it. Eri was right, it’s hilarious. They were already rolling on the floor, literally. And Eri fell on top of Reina…
……………………………
“Stupid! Why did you do that?” Eri was screaming inside her head. And because of that, they were sleeping in different rooms. Eri couldn’t sleep that night. She wanted to talk with Reina but she’s too timid to approach her. She wanted to watch more Sergeant Keroro but it was cut short. With nothing else to do, she stood up and switched on the lights, opened her laptop and searched the web for something interesting to make her divert her mind. And then, she opened a site about ghosts and other ‘elemental’ beings.

“Oh yeah, Halloween’s coming.

The site was organized according to country. Eri opened one country after another and learned that there are certain elemental beings which are the called differently in different countries. As she was reading, she heard a noise outside. It was quiet in Reina’s neighborhood that if you would talk in your normal voice outside, people will hear you even if they are in the second floor. The sound Eri heard was a little bit strange; a sound made by flapping wings. And it sounded like it was coming from a big bat, a really big one.

The hairs one her neck stood up. She was just reading about this certain kind of ‘creature’ in a certain country in Asia. It said that it only appears to a certain place where there’s a pregnant woman. That being is a human at day time and when night time comes, a bat’s wing will grow on its back, and the upper part of its body will fly towards the house of that woman to try to ‘eat’ the child inside the womb. The only way to defeat it is to find its lower half and put salt on its torso. If the creature didn’t go back to its body before sunrise, it will die.

Eri was scared to death right now. She tried to lighten the mood by browsing an anime forum about ‘Sergeant Keroro’. After a while she noticed that the sound is gone. She sighed out loud.

“Geez, what am I thinking? I’m just scaring myself. She glanced on the time at her laptop. It was already one in the morning. She clicked the shutdown button and closed her laptop. She stretched her arms before walking towards the switch of the lights to turn it off. She fell on the bed face first. She can’t sleep because her mind is filled with different ‘possible sceneries’ when she will face Reina tomorrow morning.

And then, there’s that noise again. Eri moved so that she’s facing the ceiling now. She looked on her right and stared at the window. The sound seemed to move back and forth; the sound will diminish and a few seconds later, it will become louder again. There’s a lamp post outside and Eri can see a shadow flying back and forth through the white curtain. She grabbed a pillow and covered her face.

“Ehh?!?! What was that?!?” She dared not to peek because she’s still hearing it’s flapping and that loud ‘bat’ sound. She wanted to run towards Reina’s room but, she seemed to have lost her energy to move. The curtains were moving for the windows were open. The windows were large enough for a full grown man to fit in. Tears were already falling from her eyes. She tried to keep still and remove the idea that, that creature will come inside, and eat her.

“Just keep still. It will not notice you. And besides, you’re not pregnant and definitely you’re not a baby. Be strong……. Oh, Reina!!!! Help me!!! I’m scared!!!”

“Hey Eri, are you still awake?” Eri heard Reina’s soft voice. She noticed that the light was switched on but she dared not to move an inch.

“It might be that creature trying to trick you! Don’t fall on its trap! Reina’s mad at you, she will not go here.”
“I guess you’re not.”

“Wait, what if she’s the real Reina? Then I’ll be safe… Wait no,.. it might be a trick… or is it? I wish its already morning! Eri decided not to respond. She heard the ‘click’ of the switch and a little while later, a closing door. She felt that the room was dark again. She didn’t hear the flying sound but a creaking floor.

” Oh no! It’s here! It’s getting closer to me!!! It’s going to eat me!!!
HELP!!!!”
Eri tried to stifle her cries when a hand was trying to get her pillow.

“You will die of suffocation with that.” She heard a familiar warm voice said. She slowly opened her eyes and saw her friend smiling at her. Reina noticed Eri’s tear-stained face and her smile disappeared. “Were you crying because of me?”

Eri took that chance and grabbed Reina’s hand. She stood up and run towards the door, making sure not to look at the direction of the window. Reina was stunned at the sudden behavior of her friend. She was more surprised when Eri hugged her when they were out of the room.

“I’m really glad you came. Did you receive the SOS signal that I’ve sent you?” Eri innocently asked. Reina wanted to laugh but decided to just smile, and hit her friend’s head lightly.

“I’m not a satellite dish that can receive extraterrestrial signals from outer space. I just can’t sleep so I decided to check on you. What happened to you?”
“I got scared… Can I sleep with you in your room?” Reina was taken aback. It’s not like they haven’t slept together before, but it seemed like Eri has already forgotten what happened earlier. Reina can see fear etched on her friend’s eyes. She can’t turn down Eri’s little request.

“Alright, come with me.” Reina turn the knob on her door when Eri stopped her.

“Wait, are you windows open?” Eri meekly asked.

“No, why?”

“Nothing, let’s go inside.”
………………….
“So…. What happened to you?” Reina decided to break the silence between them.

“Do you have a neighbor who’s pregnant?” Reina raised her eyebrow.

“Ehh? What kind of question is that?”

“Just answer it.”

“Well,” Reina thought for a while, “as far as I know, there’s none. Why did you ask?”

“I can’t sleep, browsed the net, read some horror stuffs, tried to sleep, heard some weird noise, I got scared.” Eri summarized. “And then you came and I’m not scared anymore!”

“Your Halloween celebration is way too early…” Reina stopped when she saw how serious Eri’s eyes were. “And then what happened?”
Eri shared what she had read and her ‘frightful’ experience. Eri’s not lying; Reina also heard those flapping noises even though all of her windows were closed. Slowly, she’s becoming scared too.

“It’s alright now. I’m here with you. I’ll protect you from that thing, ok? So just take a good sleep now.” Reina gave her friend a reassuring hug despite her inner conflict.

“It’s just a friendly hug… Nothing else… Or is it? Is it still alright to hug her like this after what happened earlier? Come on Reina! What are you thinking! She’s your friend… and she needs some assurance and protection… Sayu’s not here so it’s your responsibility…”

“Hey.” Reina was brought back to reality when she heard her friend’s voice.

“Yes?”

“Thanks… for being here for me.”

“Sure.”

A moment of silence….
“Come on Reina! Make up your mind!”

“Hey…”

“What is it Reina?”

“… Uhhm… Where’s…. where’s my goodnight kiss?” Reina was glad that her room’s dark and Eri’s back was facing her. She didn’t want Eri to see her blushing.

“I already gave it to you earlier…”

“But it’s so… uhmm… short?”

“So you want it to last longer?” Eri turned around to face her friend. She welcomed with a sincere face.

“If that’s okay with you…”
………………………
“OHAYOU! Gomen, I can’t come last night.” Sayumi greeted as she went inside Reina’s apartment.

“It’s alright, we understand you.” Eri replied. She looked closely at Sayumi’s face. “Hey, are you working out or did you run going here? Your face is sweaty.”
“I just helped Reina’s neighbor, the lady next door,” Sayu pointed to the left, “to carry her grocery bags. You see, she’s pregnant” With that, Eri and Reina looked worriedly at each other.

“Is there something that I’ve said? Come on guys! Even though I’m like this, I can still help other people…” Sayumi said, hurt is visible in her tone. Eri wanted to tell her the truth but Reina stopped her and grinned.

“Do you want to sleep here tonight?”

The End


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Sleep Over

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki