I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 67  

1/27/2008

This chapter will give you an idea why Nakazawa was acting like that during their cultural fest...XD



[COLOR=red][SIZE=14] Chapter 67[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Miki couldn’t look straight at Aya’s eyes. Here she was, the girl whom she first considered her sister, her best friend, the girl who she promised she would protect against those who would try to hurt her… Instead, she’s the one who’s hurting her now… Memories of her past were coming back to her.

[i] “Why did I forget you?”[/i]

……………

“Hey! What are you doing to her? I’ll beat you up!”

“And what can a grade 3 girl like you can do to us? We’re already in middle school!”

“You’re in middle school already and you’re still picking up on small people? I’ll really beat you to pieces!” Miki lunged forward on the two boys who were bullying a girl, probably in the same grade as hers. One of the boys grabbed her hands. Miki kick him in his groin. The boy kneeled down in pain. Seeing that his friend was in danger, the other boy tried picked up a big stone to throw at Miki.

“Hey! What are you doing in there?!” The boy with the stone looked back and saw one of their sempai coming towards their direction.

“Shit! It’s Nakazawa! Let’s run!” The boy helped his friend get up and run for their lives. Miki went to the crying girl and offered her handkerchief.

“If those boys will come after you again, just call my name and I’ll be ready to kick their butts again.”

“Hey, are you alright? Did those boys hurt you?”

“We’re fine. If you didn’t come, I might have beaten them into pieces!” Miki proudly said. She kisses her bicep part though her muscles were still developing.

“My, my… What a brave child. I was like you back then. What’s your name? I’m Yuuko Nakazawa, I’m a 2nd year high school student.”

“My name is Miki Yoshizawa, I’m 9 years old, and I’m a grade 3 pupil. I’m in section 1, and I’m the best student here!”

“Hahaha, you really like to talk big eh? How about you?” Nakazawa looked at the girl who already dried up her tears.

“Konnichiwa! I’m Aya Matsuura. I’m in grade 3 too. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!” Aya bowed her head.

“Saa, I’ll be going now. I hope to see the two of you sometime. Ja!” Nakazawa waved at the two of them.

“Ano, here’s your hanky.” Aya held Miki’s hand and put her handkerchief. “They always bully me and get my money. Arigatou, for saving me.”

“What?! They always bully you? I’m going to kill them.” Miki closed her fist and looked at the shocked Aya. “From now on, I’ll be the one to protect you against those who wanted to hurt you. I promise that!”

……………..
“Did I become worse?” Miki asked more to herself than to Aya.

“Yes, before you beat up those who hurt other people. Now, you are the one hurting other people for no reason at all!”

“I have! I have a reason…” Miki trailed off.

“Let me guess…. Since Hitomi is not your real sister… she really looks dashing… and if your type of person didn’t change since grade 3, then I might say…” Aya looked at Miki’s eyes and smiled. “You fell in love with your so called sister and you always get jealous whenever other people come in contact with her. That’s why you try to scare them away… Am I correct?”

[i] “Damn right… you’re correct!” [/i]

……………..
“We’re moving to Tokyo. My mom opened a restaurant there. She will be the one to manage it.” Aya started to cry, she doesn’t like goodbyes, especially if those people were close to her.

“You’ll come to visit me here right? I’m still your little sister right?”

“I don’t know whether I can come back here. But I’ll promise you one thing. You’ll always be my little sister.”

………………..
“What is it that you want?”

“You didn’t answer my question. I’m correct right? That you fell in love with Hitomi!”

“So?! You know what, I think you’re just jealous!”

“Me? Jealous? Why would I? You’re pointing your finger at the wrong person. I’m not in love with Hitomi. I just protected my best friend, Makoto from you!” Aya screamed back.
“You’re wrong! I think you’re jealous because Hitomi took the ‘little sister’ position from you!” Aya was stunned. “I broke my promise right? That’s why you’re trying to hook up you’re friend with Hitomi as a form of revenge on me!”

“You’re sick…. Your logic became twisted… We’re not kids anymore, Miki. Don’t act like those middle school boys whose bullying grade school kids. Why can’t you think straight for a minute now? If you love her, why don’t you tell it to her straight at her face! So she will know the real reason why you keep other people away from her!”

[i] “If you want her to be happy, you should tell the truth. So she will know the real reason why you won’t allow her to be with any body.”[/i]

“Now I get it.” Miki suddenly said. Aya looked at her with puzzled eyes. “This is scripted right? You and Rika just want to destroy my relationship with Hitomi that’s why you keep saying things like that!” Miki’s laugh sent shivers on Aya’s spine. It seems like Miki’s possessed or something. Her eyes have a blank and far away look.

“Tan….”

“Why do you need to go here in Tokyo and destroy my already beautiful life? I already forgot you… and I don’t want to remember….” Miki’s words were cut unexpectedly when Aya hugged her tightly. Miki snapped back to reality and let her tears fall from her cheeks.

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s alright… I understand what you feel.”


………………….
“Hi there! I have a present for you!” Yuuko took out two ice cream cups from her bag.

“Wow! Ice cream!!!” Miki and Aya screamed together. Yuuko gave the ice cream and sat with them on the table.

“I’ll give you more of that… that is, if you helped me on my Literature project.”

“It’s fine… what is it then?” Miki asked while tasting some of Aya’s strawberry flavored ice cream. Aya on the other got some of Miki’s chocolate flavored ice cream.

“My professor assigned me to direct a play on our cultural festival next month. I need the two of you to become my hero and heroine. Since my theme is fairy tale and you are always protecting Aya, I thought that you’ll fit in portraying the prince while Aya will become the princess.”

“Wow! I’m the princess? That will be fun, ne~e, Mikitan?”

“Hai, and I’ll always be your prince!!! Yatta!!! I’m the prince! That means I’ll be able to beat up bad guys… What’s the title of the play, Yuuko-sempai?”

“Do you know the story of Cinderella?”

………………




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 67

  • Anonymous
    January 28, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

    I'm doing the same with this chapter, promise to write my commentaries in a notebook after finishing reading them (I have a bad memory) and posting them here in the night.
    Saludos!!!

  • Anonymous
    January 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

    I love this chapter!!! Those were a cute moments! and Yuko knew them before she would become teacher
    Now I understand Aya's pain... before Miki was her guardian angel but now... Miki changed, but still Aya knows her and she could figured out that Miki is in love with Yossy. and I'm agree with Aya about Miki telling Yossy the truth, this way she will be free to love her the way she wish without hiding her feeling, the only problem is that, although Yossy understand the situation, she already likes Rika (but who knows, maybe we could see Yomiki at the end xD Sorry the Yomiki fan in me still has hope)
    poor Miki... she really needs someone at her side, maybe that now the things with Aya-chan are clear, they could be friends again
    Ohhh!!! So that was the thing behind that Yuko's story... she's a very kind person

  • cogi_yoshi
    January 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

    Yeah, Yuko was that type of a scary-but-good-inside kind of image. Miki forgot about her too, and she know it that's why she chose to write that play.

    Ahahaha... I guess, there's no hope for YoMiki in this fic... because there's a really REALLY shocking turn of events in the next chapters to come..XD

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki