I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Best Friends  

9/19/2007

Best Friends


A girl was waiting for her companion to come. It’s already 30 minutes past their actual meeting time. If the other people inside the convenient store could see intangible things, they would see steam coming of from that girl. A couple of minutes more and the culprit arrived, saying sorry for making the other girl wait long. Other girl began lashing her tongue out to the newly arrived girl but then, she thought about the difficulty of her friend’s course that’s why she stopped scolding the younger one and decided to just let it pass.


They went to a bazaar with all kinds of cheap stuffs that morning. The younger one bought many things while the other was just helping the other to decide on what she will buy. They had been planning this for a long time now and today was their chance.

“I thought that you’ll need to buy something here?” the younger one asked.

“Well, I haven’t seen one that’s good to buy… I’ll just check it when we get into the mall.”

It’s almost lunch time when they went to the mall. They decided to eat in a Japanese restaurant with a rice-all-you-can promo. In contrast to their thin and normal body, these two were such heavy eaters that they managed to consume 4 cups of rice in one sitting. After eating, they made a music video about their Miso soup. They sang Miso Soup of TegoMasu both in English and Japanese version. They didn’t care whether other people were looking weirdly at them. What’s important was that they were having fun.

After almost two hours of eating, they walked around the mall in search of something good to see. They went to an amusement park and immediately went inside a karaoke room. They thrash around the room like madmen. Singing and dancing at the same time not minding if the people outside would see them jumping around and scream instead of sing. They would change the original lyrics and add their own lyrics to the instrumental part of the song. All of this had been filmed and documented on the older girl’s cell phone.

Their purpose why they met up was to get their photo taken by a Purikura machine. Before they start, they talked about their posing and what design they will apply on the background. After that, they just consumed all their tokens in different games they haven’t tried before.

The sun will set in just two hours more and it would be good to see the sun setting in the horizon but, they have to go home now. They just took a picture near the seashore and walked towards the bus stop.

“You know what, when I’m with you, I don’t care whether I sing out of tune.” The older one said.

Was it a compliment or a joke? But those two had been friends for the last 7 years. They started as simple classmates… and ended up as good friends. They have been into many ups and downs, but most of the times, they don’t encounter problems that much. They talked over the telephone about their fanfics and different Japanese stuffs, they even talk until the wee hours of the morning. They have done various outrageous things like evading their class reunion so they could have fun in their own, doing crazy stuffs like making a self-PV of their favorite J-pop band complete with costumes, escaping important school related stuffs like pretending to be sick so they could meet together, chasing and staking cute guys in anime convention to get their “autographs” and friendster add., etc. And earlier, the younger one tried her best to go to the mall with her friend even though she’s sleepy and tired from her duty in the hospital.

They were friends but they each had their own best friends. Did they consider each other as a best friend? The younger one’s father was in overseas and she let the older one to talk to him when he’s online and they were talking on the phone. The older one’s parents consider the younger one as part of the family…. Action speaks louder than words.

“Well, I guess you’re shy to sing with your classmates because they comment on your voice, nee, Miki-chan?”

“Hai, I’m not a good singer like you.”

“At least you’ve tried your best… Don’t worry, I, Aya Matsuura will train you!”

“I guess that will be on our sembreak because of our tight schedule in school… But thanks in advance…”

The End


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Best Friends

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki