I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Legend of the Firecracker  

1/01/2010

A good way to start the new year is a story about how the colors of the fireworks came about...ahahaha.. I imagined this while I'm still at work and I really had to hide my face and pretend that I was busy so that they won't see me smiling like crazy... HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!




One fine evening, a young couple was staring at the clear night sky when suddenly, fireworks exploded from afar, giving different colors to the sky.

“Nee, Ai-chan. Do you know how they put different colors in the fire crackers? Do they put food coloring in the gun powder?”

“Why would they put FOOD coloring there? Risa, you are really funny.”

“But, how can they produce those yellow, green and pink colors?” Risa looked back at her lover who was holding her from behind.

“Hhmmm, there’s a story that I’ve read on a book about fire crackers. It’s like an urban legend.”

“Come on, tell it to me.”

……………………
“Once upon a time, even before China was being ruled by an emperor, there were three powerful kingdoms. The North, Middle and South Kingdoms were ruled by three, young queens. The North Kingdom was ruled by Queen Junjun. The kingdom was much like Sparta. They were focused on military tactics and kung-fu. The people respected their queen because of her prowess in the battle field. Her tall figure and awesome brute strength was enough to make their enemies ran away from her.

The South Kingdom was ruled by Queen Aika. That kingdom was like Athens. The queen wanted her people to be intelligent and creative so she put up many schools. The queen even gave scholarships to those with ‘special’ ability like her. She became queen not by blood or marriage but because of her high memory capacity. She can memorize a list of names or things in twenty minutes.

Queen Linlin was the ruler of the Middle Kingdom. The people there were happy and contented with their lives. They were the traders and businessmen of the old China. Queen Linlin was a jolly queen and she wanted her people to be like her. Every morning, the citizens of her kingdom would gather near her palace. When the first ray of sunlight illuminates the statue of the queen, Queen Linlin would come out of her room and laugh with her people.”



…………….
“What?!?! EVERYDAY??? They are laughing with the queen?” Risa asked quite shocked at her girlfriend’s story.

“Yeah, according to that book, it’s like the queen wanted to start their day right with a laugh. They even nick named her the ‘HAHA Queen’.”

“Really weird queen if you ask me. So, where do the colors of the fire crackers fit in?”

………………….
“These kingdoms have different Gods that they worship. For the North Kingdom, they worshipped the studious but narcissistic, pink hare-God, Sayu. The South, they worshipped the fiery yellow tiger-God, Reina and for the Middle Kingdom, the subtle and shy green turtle-God, Eri. As you noticed, the gods that they were worshipping were in contrast with what the kingdoms were doing. And it was noticed by a young, mischievous traveler named Koharu.

Koharu visited the South Kingdom first. When she heard that there’s a ‘Memory’ Competition and the winner will get a free meal, she decided to join, only to be surprised that she will have to compete with the queen. It was a tough fight but still, the Queen won. Even though Koharu lost, the queen still gave her a free meal and a free tour of the kingdom.”



“And this is the shrine of our Tiger God, Reina.”

“Hhmm, who made this statue? Your god has wonky eyes.”

“Don’t say that about our God. She might kill you with her Fiery Glare.”

“Ok, I won’t but still… her eyes… it’s a little disturbing.”


…………………….
“After visiting the South Kingdom, she went to the Middle Kingdom and ‘interrupted’ the morning routine.”


“WHERE IS IT??? WHAT’S THE REASON OF YOUR LAUGHING MARATHON? I DON’T SEE SOMETHING FUNNY! SHARE IT TO ME~!!!”


“Even though she disturbed their routine, since she’s on the land where only happiness exists, she was forgiven by their good queen.”

“You know, you should stay here in our kingdom. You’re a jolly person too.”

“I can’t stay in just one place. I’m a traveler and I would want to see different places before I die.”

“If that’s the case, then let out tortoise-god, Eri, guide you on your journey.”

“Ehh? Why does your God’s thighs are like that?”

“That’s because she uses her power called Thunder Thighs.”

“Thunder Thighs? Shouldn’t it be Thunder shell or something? She’s a tortoise. She’s supposed to have low leg powers right?”


………………………
“When she reached the North Kingdom, they were in the middle of their Daily Exercise. Queen Junjun was not happy with the disturbance that she made the traveler do push-ups, 100 times.”


“UWAAAH~! I’M SO TIRED!!!!”

“That’s your punishment for interrupting our exercise.”

“Geez, will you lighten up? It’s just an exercise.”

“It’s not JUST an exercise. It’s important for us to have good body built.”

“Ehh? If you’re so into ‘body building’, then why does this statue of this girl looks so skinny? She looks like a wimp if you ask me.”

“Don’t you dare disrespect our hare-God, Sayu! She will punish you with her ‘venom tongue’!”


…………………….
“Koharu stayed at the shoreline of the North Kingdom, ready to go out of China the next day. While she was asleep, the 3 Gods were having a confrontation in their sky palace.”



“I’LL KILL THAT GIRL!!! SHE SAID I HAVE WONKY EYES!!!”

“Hey, calm down. Lower your voice, I’m trying to sleep here.”

“In case you were asleep earlier. SHE BAD-MOUTHED YOUR THIGHS!!!”

“ZZZzzzzzzzz.”

“Geez, Reina. You’ll get wrinkles on your face if you don’t stop what you’re doing.”

“BUT, THAT KID’S REALLY ANNOYING!!!! DON’T TELL ME YOU’RE NOT ANGRY WITH HER WHEN SHE CALLED YOU A WIMP!!!!”

“Well, I don’t mind being called a wimp as long as I’m the cutest god there is on the entire heaven.”

“ARRRGGGHHH!!!!! ARE YOU REALLY THE NORTH KINGDOM’S GOD?!?! YOU WON’T EVEN FIGHT!!!”

“And look who’s talking… your kingdom is a peaceful and intellectual kingdom. And if you have a ‘brain’, then you’ll realize that you have to stay calm and at peace with your inner self.”


“The tiger god was really angry with Koharu and the hare-god amplified her ‘grouchiness’. She grabbed a carrot and threw it towards the hare-god but her ‘wonky’ eyes made it hard for her to aim and thus, hitting the sleeping tortoise-god.”


“THAT WAS MY FOOD!!!! I’ll KILL YOU!!!”

“WHO DISTURBED MY SLEEP!?!?!?! YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS!!!!”

“FINE! LET’S FINISH THIS ARGUMENT TONIGHT!!”

“The tortoise-god opened her shell and out came an army of little turtles. The tiger-god growled and from her breath, formed an army of little kittens. The hare-god hopped around and from the wind that she produced, came an army of little bunnies. The 3 armies clashed with each other and when they clashed, they produced a wonderful color in the sky followed by a loud bang. Koharu was woken up at the sound and she watched the spectacle with awe, not knowing that she’s the first one to start it.”


…………………..
“And that’s how the firecracker’s colors started based on the book by ‘Murasaki Aoi’.” Ai finished her story. Risa remained quiet, as if she’s still processing something.

“So, I guess, the pink colors came from the bunnies then, the green ones, from the turtle and the yellow colors came from the kitties?”

“Yes. Cool right?”

“Yeah, cool story. I didn’t know that there’s a legend about that. You really love reading books. I guess, you lived in that South Kingdom in your past life.” Ai laughed at what her girlfriend just said. The two continued watching the night sky being lit up with fireworks.

“Nee~ Ai-chan, I wonder if Koharu’s still the cause of this ‘heavenly war’ right now.”

“Hmm, I highly agree.”

“Why?”

“Well, because after that incident, Koharu went here in Japan and annoyed our own gods Izanagi and Izanami.”

“Ohh, she really is mischievous.”

“Yes she is… Can we please stop talking about her? Let’s just enjoy our date here.”

THE END




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Legend of the Firecracker

  • charmy
    January 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

    OMG throughout this whole story I kept going "NOOO~! THATS NOT WHAT THEY'RE LIKE!" and "WROOOOONG!" about all the ancient Greek cities and stuffs. Lol, funny you had nothing to base Lin Lin's empire off of. lol, I also laughed a lot too though esp at the names and stuff. Would you mind if I made a spin off one shot about the gods? lol cause I kept thinking of funnies all throughout that story lolol.

    something like "The things Ai left out" or "Fragments of history too soon forgotten" XD anyway today's the day, waiting for that chappie and oddly enough my internet started working outa the blue so I'ma gonna be able to post something today too!~ :D are you haaaaappy?????????????????????????

    You know who this is.

  • Anonymous
    January 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

    Just for the record.

    Athens had a strong naval force and they were anything but 'peacefull'. In fact, they would often try to conquer Sparta. Sparta was the peacefull one. They only fought to protect themselves. Cause when you're surrounded by natural defences (they on Eurota valley hidden behind mountains) you'd be an idiot to go out and provoke others into battle and actively seek war outside your natural barrier. Athens was the one who kept trying to conquer the rest of the Greek city states through force. And though true, they were very philosophical and they highly valued intellects, they were also the first to be run democratically. That is, voted by war. So Your lil Aika would've had to be voted in lol. And true, Sparta was mainly focused on fighting and such, but they also pursued music and dance. If only to aid them more in battle and their formations, their dancing steps were but a deviation of their battle formation and flanks but still they did have interests other than fighting. It's not like they walked around trying to pick fights all the time and just waiting by the phone for someone to ring so they can arrange a war y'know? They were more focused in teaching their young how to survive in a war environment, whereas Athens focused on a more technical aspect of war and the mechanincs, and through their individual expertise in both, they always came to a stalemate. :D

    Just a quick history lesson XD

    But I think I liked your version better.

    XD

    yeah, I do XD

    I dunno why I just ranted about ancient Greece though XD Since your story takes place in China XD

  • charmy
    January 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

    PS check out this song, Can't get it off my head. It's sooooooo ... I dunno... I love it :D

    http://fiesta.sparkonline.net/downloads/music/ServerCharacterSelectionScreen.mp3

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki