I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 31  

4/16/2008

I'll try to finish uploading it...I hope so...XD




“Ohayou Miki-san!” Rika called to the girl in front of her.

“Why did you call me by my first name? You just came here 3 days ago…” Miki stopped on her tracks, turned back to face Rika and gave her the scariest looking glare she had ever seen.

“Well, so that you will not get confused… Your sister is also Yoshizawa… I’m just being specific here…” Rika replied. She stared back, hard on Miki.

“Have you seen my sister with me now? You can call me Yoshizawa-san if I’m not with my sister as a sign of respect… or….” Miki grinned a little. “if you want to be SPECIFIC you can call me Miki-sama just like everybody else.”

“Why would I call you that? I’ll just call you Yoshizawa 1 and Hitomi will be Yoshizawa 2 if I want it to be specific… I’m not those who would back out to a person like you.” Rika replied sarcastically.

“I like your courage to defy me, little girl…. I hope we will have a fun time together this school year.” Miki said with her ever mocking tone before walking away from Rika.

” I never thought that there are still some jerks in such a prestigious school in Tokyo.” Rika slowed her pace in walking so as not to catch up with Miki. From a distance, Rika witnessed how a group of students was split in half when they saw Miki walking up to them. She also saw how Miki pushed a girl aside when the girl was blocking her way.
“She really has a big attitude problem….”

…………..
“Ohayou Matsuura –san!” Hitomi greeted the girl near the entrance of their building. Aya looked around, somewhat searching for another person.

“Don’t worry, she left early today… Actually, I overslept a little and she didn’t want to wait for me.”

“Is that so… Ohayou!” Aya heaved a sigh of relief.

“Hahaha… You’re scared of my sister right? Don’t worry, as long as I’m here, I won’t let her bully you.”

“Th.. Thanks” Aya replied. Hitomi walked with her towards their classroom. Aya’s mind was flying somewhere and Hitomi noticed that.

“Hey, are you still on earth?” Hitomi waved her hand back and forth on Aya’s face until she responded.

“Huh? What was it?”

“Great, welcome back to Earth! How’s your visit to other planet?” Hitomi joked

“Ohh, I’m sorry, I was just thinking about something…” Aya was somewhat embarrassed on what happened. She was deeply immersed in her thoughts that she forgot that Hitomi was with her.

“I guess, you’re thinking why Miki and I had opposite characters right? Even though we’re sisters…”

“Well, close enough… Actually, I know that even Siamese twins have different characteristics from each other because… each one is unique…. But I was thinking about her attitude. It seemed that it had worsened ever since junior high.” Aya replied, her tone was full of sympathy.

“You noticed it too?” Hitomi paused for a while. A couple of steps more and they will arrive at the third floor where their room is located. “I guess its my fault..”

“What do you mean by ‘your fault’?” Aya suddenly became interested in their topic.

“It’s like this… You knew that when we were in junior high… I was bullied many times… and Miki was always there to protect me… Now…” Hitomi paused for a while before continuing. A hint of sadness was visible on her face. “She was thinking that I will get bullied again, that’s why she was scaring those people who come close to me. Its like, she believed on the motto: Prevention is better than cure. She would prevent people to come near me… so I will not get hurt just like before.”

“But… that makes you lonely right? She even prevents those people who was only trying to befriend you..”

“Well, sort of… I guess all older sisters are protective of their younger siblings.” Hitomi replied and continued to walk towards their room. Aya followed after a while.

“But… why is she scaring away even those girls who just want to be close to you?”


…………..
Lunch Time

“Hi Rika-chan! Do you want to eat with us?” Everybody inside their room stopped on their tracks when they heard Miki’s voice. Even Hitomi was left with her mouth wide open when she heard her sister said that.

“Will you close your mouth? Rika will get scared of your face and might not come to eat with us...” Miki said to Hitomi and closed her sister’s mouth at the same time. Hitomi’s eyes were wide open.

”What’s this girl up to now?”
Rika could clearly see Eri shaking her head, as if telling her not to accept the offer. “Well… I…”

“Come on… I’ll be fun! Right, Hitomi-chan?” Miki smiled evilly on her sister. Hitomi couldn’t talk right now because of the sudden shock and just nodded in response.

“Ano, I’m sorry. But I have to go someplace else this lunch break… I need to be back before our next class starts…” Rika lied. She knew that Miki was up to something that’s why she didn’t accept her offer.

“Owww, I was looking forward to spend some time with the transfer student… Oh well, I guess we can eat together next time.” Miki grinned and dragged her almost immovable sister out of their room. The other students became silent for a couple of seconds, they still can’t process what had just happened.

“What was that?” Aya asked Rika and Rika just shrugged. She took her things and went out of their room. She had to go someplace else so as to make her alibi true. She got out on the school gate and went to the nearest mall, where she plans to eat her lunch… Alone…

………..
Hitomi snapped back to reality. She felt Miki’s forehead with the back of her hand. “Are you sure you’re feeling well?”

“Of course I am… I never felt like this before!” Miki answered back with out looking at her sister.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 31

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki