I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Love Struck Cupid 2  

2/23/2008

Part two of the cupid's story... Hehehehe... I can't help but to make a continuation.. HOpe you like it.XD





“What happened?”

“I met a beautiful person… I fell in love with her.. But my arrows didn’t have an effect on her.”

“What’s the name of that person?”

“Rika.”



“Hey… are you still with us? There are still many things to do.” The long haired cupid poked her friend with the end of an arrow on her side. The other just stared at her sadly. “Geez, why are you so gloomy today? You should be happy for its Valentine’s Day! It’s the time where people fall in love!”

“Yeah right. It’s only applicable to humans.” The chubby cupid replied before flying off to no place in particular.

“Matte! What really happened? You’re always ‘genki’ but now… Is there something wrong?” The other cupid didn’t reply. She didn’t really know why she became sad when she remembered her earlier talk with her buddy, Hitomi. It’s as if, she’s really affected.
She remembered how she and Hitomi met one Valentine’s Day, 230 years ago.

“A potential couple! This will be my 1,000th couple for the day. I’ll shoot them with my arrows of ‘eternal love’.” The cupid readied herself for the shot. She aimed her arrow towards the heart of the two persons walking down the shrine when suddenly, another arrow whizzed beside her and struck her supposedly two victims.

“Gotcha! That’ll be my 5,000th victim. At this pace, I’ll break my own record of 20,000 couples. I’m really good!”

“What good?!” The angry cupid flew towards the culprit and confronted her. “Didn’t you see that I’m aiming for them? That’s my target you… you… moocher!”

“Woah! Hold on… Geez, you’re a hot headed angel, aren’t you? I’m not a moocher… You should have shot them immediately as soon as you saw them. First come, first serve. Well, I just shot them with the ‘arrows of lust’. If they broke up, you can shoot them again… Oh well, my work here’s done, Ja! There’s still a lot to be done!”

“Hey you! Come back! I’m not finished with you yet!”


She smiled inwardly for the first time that day as she remembered her past. After their first encounter, they’ve become the best buddies. The only difference is, Hitomi still continues to do mischievous things every time Valentine’s Day arrives while all she wanted is for the couples to be happy forever.

And then as if fate was playing with her, below her was the girl who ignited her feelings of sadness and jealousy. She flew lower and landed in front of the girl. She knew this girl 1444 years ago. This was the girl who tried to defy the laws of heaven. The girl entered her apartment and she followed her inside. When she saw that the girl’s all alone, she focused her powers on herself and became visible.

“How are you doing Akir?”

“Mzirthka? You look different now!” The girl tried to hug her former friend but she hold back. It’s not appropriate for her to do it this time around.

“That name was too old. They call me Makoto now. It’s easier to pronounce.” The cupid replied half jokingly. Makoto was the one who initiated the hug as soon as she saw that her friend was hesitant. The girl hugged her back, tightly.

“I’m Rika now. I’m really glad that even though I’m not a cupid anymore, She did not erase my memory every time I’m reincarnated.”

“That’s good for you… because I need to ask you something which is related to your past.” Makoto turned serious this time around.

“What is it? I’ll try my best to answer your question.”

“I know that a love between a cupid and a human is forbidden… but what if it’s a love between two cupids? Is it possible?” Rika’s enthusiasm disappeared and her smile was replaced by a sad looking face. From that reaction, Makoto somewhat predicted Rika’s answer.

“I’m sorry…. Cupids only make people fall in love but they’re not supposed to fall in love too… It’s ironic. To see couples happily spending their time together whereas we… I mean you, cupids, didn’t have the right to feel that kind of happiness.”

“Oh… is that so…” Makoto sigh out loud.

“Is there someone bugging your mind? Please don’t do what I did before. It’s hard to be reincarnated many times, see your loved ones die before you over and over again. It’s a harsh punishment I tell you. For a ‘genki’ cupid like you, you don’t deserve to feel this kind of suffering.” Makoto looked at her friend and whispered something.

“I would gladly do it… If she loves me back also… But she loves you more than me. I think I know what you are feeling”




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ Love Struck Cupid 2

  • Kreuz
    February 24, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

    ¡_¡
    I like this sad story... today I feel like to read sad stories

  • Anonymous
    February 25, 2008 at 3:32 AM  

    lol at the 1444, was that a plug?

    I'm super happy this is getting continued, it's a very cool concept. I'm curious about what direction you'll be taking it.

    Poor cupids...never allowed to fall in love.

    Makoto's crush is too cute...“I would gladly do it… If she loves me back also…' awwwww...

    Can't wait to see what happens between Rika and Hitomi...

  • cogi_yoshi
    February 25, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

    >genx
    Is there a reason why you like to read sad stories?

    >wings4dream

    Ahehehe... It's not a plug... I just can't think of a nice date...lol! XD
    I'm torn between YoMako and IshiYoshi... I still didn't have a YoMako fic (besides that I just mentioned her in my Broken Destiny fic)... We'll see what happens..XD

  • Kreuz
    February 26, 2008 at 4:13 AM  

    Well, is a little strange and I don't even know the reason, let's just said that I'm a complicated person, sometimes I'm in a perfect mood and suddenly I'm in bad mood or stupid mood (this is when I can't stop saying stupid things xD)
    So, there's times when I like to listen happy songs (Momusu, minimoni), balads (Aya-chan), pop (Gocchin), electro-techno-trance or rock
    There's is not a special reason, I think that's the way I'm

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki