I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny :Chapter 9  

3/13/2008

There’s only two weeks left before the Sports Festival will be held in their school. Maki and Rika were practicing everyday, even Sundays, to improve their skills. Maki was a fast learner and in just two weeks, she somehow surpassed Rika. The two of them became the ‘scoring duo’ of their team. Even Tsuji had a hard time to block their shots. They had a perfect chemistry that the others had a hard time to beat them. They need no words when it comes to passing and scoring. It seemed that they had some inner connection; they knew what will be the next step of the other.



There’s only two weeks left before the Sports Festival will be held in their school. Maki and Rika were practicing everyday, even Sundays, to improve their skills. Maki was a fast learner and in just two weeks, she somehow surpassed Rika. The two of them became the ‘scoring duo’ of their team. Even Tsuji had a hard time to block their shots. They had a perfect chemistry that the others had a hard time to beat them. They need no words when it comes to passing and scoring. It seemed that they had some inner connection; they knew what will be the next step of the other.

“Guard Maki and Rika!! Don’t let them come close…” Tsuji was the goalkeeper in their team but it seems that she had no match when it comes to those two.

“I’m guarding… I’m guarding…. Ekkk!!! Kago-san!!! Tasukete kudasai!!!” Sayumi shrieked. Somehow, she lost her footing when Maki did some 360 degrees turn and evaded her ever close guard.

“I can’t! I’m guarding Ishikawa-san!” Ai was trying her very best to guard Rika. She knew that Maki would eventually pass the ball to her… however… Maki surprised everyone when she passed the ball to Reina.

“Ehh? Nande?!?” Reina was somewhat surprised by the action of Maki. She was accustomed to just help the team in defending, and passing the ball around when they are in offense ... But to score… she didn’t have the enough courage to kick the ball…

“Just kick the ball! We trust you! You can do it!” Maki shouted back. Reina was wide open because two persons each were needed just to guard Maki and Rika.

Reina breathe in. She focused all of her reserved energy on her right foot and kicked the ball as hard as she can. It seemed she would score but, Tsuji was there.

*PRRRTTTT!!*

“That was a good catch Tsuji! Tanaka-san, it seems that you had the potential to score… Develop it and help your class in winning in this competition. I think that’s all for today!” Abe Natsumi was their varsity team coach. Since Rika is the captain, she invited her for some “private training” to help their section win.

“Hey, wouldn’t it be called ‘cheating’ if the other sections knew that you had invited her to train us?” Maki asked Rika while she was getting her towel inside her bag.

“That is… If someone, other than our section will know hehehe. And besides, she wanted to see you play. I guess she’s having a thought to invite you to join our varsity team… That is, if you’re going to stay in this school till junior high.” Rika suddenly turned quiet. She almost forgot what Maki told her in their first few days of class; that they will move out to a different place after graduation.

“Well, it can’t be helped. But I…”

“Ano sa, why did you pass the ball to me?” Reina suddenly came out of nowhere.

Rika and Maki looked at each other and smiled.

………

“You know what, I guess the other sections will guard me the most because they knew that I was the captain of the futsal team.”

“Yeah, it would be great to see you and Shibata-san fight in the finals… The captain and the sub-captain: who’s the better player?” Maki commented dreamily. She was like imagining the two player clash in her head.

“Well, Ayumi is the aggressive type of player. Whenever she had the ball, she will try to score. But… Futsal is still a team game so, I’m grateful to had developed such a good player.”

“Good? Am I not great enough for you?” Maki emphasized the word 'great' and pouted her lips to Rika.

“Hey, stop that or you’ll end up flying in the sky because of the air inside your head is increasing!” They both laughed. They were on their way home now.

“Seriously speaking, if they saw that the two of us are a scorer, they might guard us heavily. We might need some back-up from our teammates.” Rika suddenly stopped laughing and turned serious.

“You know what; I had this person in mind that had the potential to score. Maybe she can help us.”

“Dare ni?”

…………..

“Well, Gocchin saw your potential when you were practicing with Eri and Sayumi last week after school hours. She told me yesterday when I opened up the topic about possible scorers in our team.” Rika explained to Reina who was blushing because of the trust given to her by the two.

“Is that “Gocchin” me?” Maki asked Rika, while pointing her finger towards herself.

“Yah, is there a problem… Go-cchin?” Rika said in a cute voice.

“If you’re giving me a nickname, consult me first! That was a lame one. It’s not appropriate for my image.”

“Ahhhm, don’t get angry with me. But I think “Gocchin” is cute.” Reina blushed heavily after saying that. She had some kind of a ‘secret crush’ towards Maki. She guessed it developed when Rika and Maki used her as a “mailman” when they are passing notes while there’s class.

“…. Fine… Since she said that it was cute… You can call me Gocchin for the rest of the year!” Maki exclaimed and laughed.

Reina and Rika were happy at the way Maki’s attitude changed. She’s not the same old loner she was before.


………

“Hey, what do you want to tell me before Reina talked to us?” Rika was somehow curious at Maki’s answer.

“Ehhh, what? What are we talking before? I can’t remember it…” Maki didn’t look at Rika while she said that.

“Ohh, it was nothing. We were just talking about Abe-san and the varsity.” Rika didn’t press the matter about Maki’s going some place else after graduation. She was somehow afraid of what Maki will answer to her, especially at this time when they became so close to each other.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Broken Destiny :Chapter 9

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki