I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 30  

4/15/2008

chapter 30



Rika was exploring her new school the next day. She didn’t enter their room when she saw that the two sisters were fighting again. She overheard that their fight was because of futsal. As she was walking, she was reminiscing her futsal days with Maki.

……….
“So, let’s warm up first.”

“Ehh? Doushite? We were just going to kick balls. And besides, it’s a waste of time. You must teach me now the basics of kicking a ball.”

“And have some cramps in the end? Warm ups are important so as not to hurt ourselves in the end. So, even if you don’t like it, you must do it!”

“Fine, fine… Let’s do it quickly.”


……..
“Ehh?! Chotto matte….” Rika said loudly. She immediately put her hands to cover her mouth. She was glad that she was alone and only few students are around that morning.

…..
My father was such a sports addict that he trained me in different sports when I was young. My favorite is futsal and basketball. That’s why I have this athletic body.
…..

“Why did she tell me in the first place that she didn’t know how to play futsal? And if her father taught her sports, he must have taught her the essence of a warm up? What was she thinking that time?”
Rika stopped her strolling and leaned against a tree to think. That didn’t make sense at all. If Maki already knew how to play futsal, why did she have to pretend that she was just a novice at it? Rika massaged her temple. Her migraine was attacking again because of the strain.

“Nee, are you alright?”

Rika turned to see the person. “Hai, daijoubu. My migraine’s just attacking right now. I’ll be fine in a minute or two.” Rika dug her bag and got her medicine. She swallowed a pill smiled at the person in front of her. “I’ll be fine now... You’re my classmate right?”

“Hai, my name’s Aya Matsuura… Are you sure you’re fine now?”

“Hai, the pain’s disappearing right now.” Rika assured.

“Sou ka… Well then, I’ll leave you now… or do you want to walk along with me to our classroom?”

“I guess it’s a good idea… At least, I had a companion while watching those two fighting again. “Hai, I’ll go with you..”

…….
“I’ll not pass the ball to you if you continue playing like you had no teammates!”

“Well then captain, try to pass the ball to other members and we’ll miss the chance to score!”

“I know that you want to win but we can’t win just by the two of us! You’re supposed to act more matured than I am because you’re older than me, but what you’re suggesting is so immature!”

“Well, I have my own will… I’ll do what I think is best for the team!”

“Can’t the two of you hold your tongue in such a peaceful place? Geez, you’re making my head hurt again…” Rika couldn’t just keep quiet anymore. She left their room about 10 minutes ago and up till now, the two sisters’ were still fighting with each other.

“Ohayou Ishikawa-san!” Hitomi greeted her warmly. She then looked at the girl standing next to Rika. “Ohayou, Matsuura-san!”

“Ohayou…” Aya blushed a little and went immediately to her seat in the front row.

“Will you stop flirting with those girls? You’re annoying me with your ‘gentleman’ image… I don’t want any of your supporters following us.” Miki glared at her sister.

“I’m not flirting with them! I’m just being a polite person who knew how to communicate with OTHER people!”

“WHAT”S THE MEANING OF THIS?! Are you sisters fighting again early this morning?”

“SHE STARTED IT!!” Both of them answered at the same time and pointed at each other. Rika just sighed and went to sit in her seat. At least Nakazawa-sensei will take care of those noisy sisters. Hitomi and Miki were summoned by Nakazawa to the guidance office. Aya spoke when they already left the room.

“You’ll get used to it as time goes by…. That’s their medium of expressing their love. The bigger the fight, the more they respect and love each other.”

“How can that be? I can’t see the logic behind it?” Rika was suddenly became curios about the Yoshizawa sisters.

“Well you see, usually… You can’t have a big fight with your friend… without hurting and breaking your friendship bonds right? And it’s also hard to find a friend that will accept you and all your negative characteristics… This principle can be also applied in your siblings.” Aya explained.

“Eh?... Gomen… But I still can’t get your point.” Rika said. Aya stood up and went to Rika. She sat on Miki’s chair.

“Well, it’s like this…. Miki will always say what she wants even though it’s harsh. Hitomi will also say what she wants to say without holding back. To us spectators, we see them like they were fighting. But when those two already expressed what they wanted to say, after the fight, they act like nothing happened… Their bond was not broken…”

Rika thought for a while… “Ahhh, now I get it… Well, I guess I’ll just bring some earmuffs when I go to school the next time.”

“Hahaha… Or don’t go to school too early…” Both of them laughed hard.

“Did I miss something?” Eri was standing near the door.

“Hai, you just missed Nakazawa’s rage this morning.” Aya replied. She stood up and went back to her seat.

“I suppose I’ll be glad on that one.” Eri replied

Rika was silent for the rest of the morning. Hitomi and Miki returned together with Nakazawa just before the bell went off. She was thinking of her conversation with Aya. She let out a sigh.
………
You have to trust Maki. She will not do anything that may hurt you.
……..
“Those two were really strange… Maki and I had some misunderstandings before but we never fought each other… Are siblings really like that? ”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 30

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki