I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Test of Courage  

11/04/2007

In lieu with the Halloween atmosphere (though it's somewhat late now), I wrote a supposedly scary fic... I went back to being a dialogue freak...hehehe... Hope you like it! :)


Test of Courage

“I don’t know whether to be glad or disappointed when I picked your name on the box.”

“Awww, come on… We’ll be a great tandem! We’re not afraid of anything!”

“Yes, I know… Just don’t start groping my butt or else… I’ll leave you here alone.”

“Ehh? You know, you’re so mean!!! You’ll be sorry if you dare do that… Aya will kick your ass!”

“Yeah? And Rika will come out with her yoyo and protect me…”

“Why did you ever pick my name? Don’t you have some telekinesis or psychic powers to get Rika’s name instead of mine?”

“I’m sorry, I don’t… You’ll just have to bear with me… or vice versa. Quit whining there and walk faster!”

Hitomi and Miki walked fast down the dark and foggy forest. Only the light from the moon and their small flashlights, served as an illumination for them to see their way through.

“WAAHHH!!!! Ghost!!! Ghost!!!” Miki immediately grabbed Hitomi and ran.

“Miki slow down!!! It’s just one of our teachers!!”

Miki stopped on her tracks and tried to breath.

“I thought that you’re not scared. You’re boasting that you’re not afraid this morning.”

“Yossie!!! There’s a monster on your back!”

“Get a hold of yourself… It’s only one of our teachers. Look..” Hitomi approached the figure and tried to pull off its head.

“It’s not working… That means…” Hitomi turned pale as a ghost.

“WAAAHHH!!!!” Miki and Hitomi ran as fast as they could, towards the heart of the forest.

……
“Aya, did you hear that?” Rika clutched Aya’s arms tightly.

“Yah, it’s coming from that direction.” Aya pointed at the direction behind them.

~Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh~

“There it goes again…. It seems it’s getting closer….”

“Ouch! You’re hurting me!”

~Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh~

Rika and Aya hugged each other. They saw two figures emerging from the thick fog.

“WAAAAHHHHH!!!!”

“EYAAAAHH!!!!”

The four of them ended up screaming at each other… It was Aya who broke “scream fest”.

“Why are the two of you running and screaming like that!?!” Aya growled.

“It was you’re best friend’s fault! She screamed first!”

“What are you saying? You’re the one who pretended to be brave and tried to remove the mask of that monster.”

“Shut up! I think I hear something.” Rika tried to focus her flashlight from the direction where Hitomi and Miki came. They saw shadowy figures coming to them. The thick fog of the night made it impossible for them to decipher who or what was it..

“You know, I’ve heard some stories about this forest… They say that it’s haunted.”

“RIKA!!! This is not a good time for you to tell that!” Hitomi exclaimed.

“It’s just our teachers… It’s just our teachers… It’s just our teachers… Damn! Why did they ever thought about having a test of courage in this forest!... It’s just our teachers… It’s just our teachers…”

“Miki! You’re too noisy! Stop saying that mantra and let’s just move forward.” Aya pulled Miki and walked forward. Hitomi and Rika followed them. Hitomi looked behind them to see if the “monsters” were following them.

“I guess it’s a good idea that all of us will hold hands so that we don’t get separated from each other. They’re still following us.”

“There’s 30 students in our class… Why are they focusing on us? It’s not fair.” Rika whispered. The place seemed somewhat eerie as they go deeper into the forest.

“You know what, there were already 5 pairs who went ahead of us… But you were the first ones that we saw.” Aya held Miki’s hand tighter.

“That’s because Hitomi and I ran that we were able to catch up on you guys.”

“Why were you running again in the first place? I imagined that the two of you will kick all of the ghosts you encountered on the way.” Rika sarcastically said. She looked back and noticed that the figures were still following them but their numbers were increasing.

“Well, I… I tried to get the mask of that monster but it seemed so real when I touched it and it won’t budge. That monster’s eyes were really creepy… I can’t move for a second that’s why I gathered my courage and shouted, then we ran away.”

“So much for the tough attitude that the two of you were always displaying in school.” Aya said before stopping abruptly. She was frozen on her tracks.

“Hey, what happened?” Miki looked around the place, she could feel her hairs rising from the sudden coldness of the place.

“We’ve been here before… Look Rika! There’s the scary looking tree we’ve noticed earlier before those two arrived right?”

“Eh? Yah, and there’s the rock near it… It can’t be… It really looks the same! Which means that…”

“We’ve been walking in circles?” Hitomi sounded more like a confirmation than a question. “It that’s the case then…” She didn’t finish talking when there were figures that appeared in front of them. They looked back and saw that there were figures surrounding them.

“Shit! We’re trapped!” Miki cursed.

“I told you this place is haunted!” Rika hugged Hitomi.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you!”
Hitomi tried to compose herself and tried to think of a way out. And then, reality hit her.

-

“Yossie?”

-

“Yochan?”

-

“Hito~mi?”

-

“What the hell… YOSHIZAWA!!! You’re in a trance-like state again! Geez, were in the middle of a test here … What were you thinking back there?”

“Nothing, I was just thinking what if this forest is hunted… Will the great Mikitty be scared?”

“Yeah right, as if I’m scared. Our teachers’ costumes this year were pathetic… They won’t be able to scare even a little kid with it…Could you walk faster so that we can catch up with Ayaya and Rika?”

“Hai…”

The End

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Test of Courage

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki