I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 49  

4/16/2008

Chapter 49



It’s only two weeks before they celebrate the annual intramurals of their school. Three days after that, they will also hold their Cultural Festival where they will show their talents in various genres. The students from each section were as excited as ever but the students from section A were not… they were worn out and exhausted from the intense training and preparation for both events.

“I guess the only thing that I can be happy with is that my asthma disappeared somehow.” Rika stretched her arms and yawned. She just finished her personal training with Iida-sensei. Hitomi was waiting for her outside.

“That’s good to hear. You’re able to enjoy our activities without having to worry about your asthma. Nakazawa’s unintentional ‘assignment’ really did some good things to us.”

“Yeah, I haven’t heard any news about your sister’s new victims. I guess she was really focusing on her role as a sub-captain and as the princess in the play.” Rika laughed. It was almost a month ago since Hitomi started walking her home after their practice. She was surprised at first because her sister did not go with her. And Miki was not bothering her ever since they got the role for their play. Hitomi never mention her every time they were together and Miki was acting pretty normal during class. Miki would just have a chat with her before the class would start, to check on her and to ‘play’ with her.

“But I just saw her ‘victim’ this morning… Hahahaha.” Hitomi laughed hard while Rika, with her blushing face, slapped her on the shoulders.

“Hidoi!!”

“Now you know how violated I feel whenever we’re at home.”

“I didn’t have the slightest idea why your sister switched from being a tough bully to a groping demon.” Rika joked. Hitomi laughed again and added, “She was like that in our house… I don’t know why she’s making an extension of that in our school.”

They boarded the bus going to Aoyama. The reason behind it was that Hitomi noticed that Rika’s shoes were almost worn out and she wanted to buy her a new pair. She didn’t know the size of Rika’s foot that’s why she asked her to accompany her by saying that she would want to buy something for her sister and she didn’t want to go alone. Hitomi was really happy about the way things turned out. She’s finally able to spend quality time with Rika.

“And, as far as I can remember, she only gropes cute people.”


………….
“I wish I could go to the ball.”
…..
……
“Why can’t I?”
……..
……..
“Nande!? Why do I have to kiss you?!”

……..

“Crap… I really hate Nakazawa’s version…”

“What did you say?” Hitomi put her hands near her ears and continued on mocking Miki. “I didn’t hear it!!!”

“You’re just happy because you get to flirt with other girls.” Miki glared at Hitomi. Hitomi on the other hand laughed louder on Miki’s ears. “Did you drink any energy drink or have you eaten too many sweets? I swear, you’re really hyperactive today.”

“Yeah… I. drank. Your. Gato.rade…” Hitomi said slowly. Miki’s eyes grew wide in amazement. She’ going to say something to her sister but Hitomi was already far away from her.

“BAKA!!!!” Miki yelled.

“Tell mom that I’ll come home late! I’ll buy something in Roppongi Hills!”


………..
“Yoh! I’ve heard from Eri that you’re evil step sister no.1… Am I right?”

“Yeah… I guess I have no choice.” Aya replied. They just finished their futsal training. It’s only two weeks before the Intrams and their trainings were becoming really hard. Eri and Sayu were really drenched in their sweat that’s why they immediately went to the shower room right after the practice. Reina went to the bench to relax for a while.

“How did you manage to… you know… get along with Miki after all that happened in the past?”

“I don’t know… I guess it’s the connection.”

“What connection are you saying?” Reina asked. She had known Aya since their third year in middle high though they were off different school. They hardly talk to each other but if they would, their topic will always focus on the sisters.

“The connection of a member to a leader… Don’t you feel it too?” Reina eyed her and Aya laughed hard. “You’re eyes were really cute when you’re doing that. You’re expecting something I guess?”

“Because your answer somewhat intrigued me at first.” Reina became serious and told Aya, “And speaking of connection… She was like her right? In every aspect…”Aya stooped laughing and looked at Reina curiously. She thought for a moment and from the glint from her eyes, Reina knew that she got the point.

“Saa, good luck on Intrams! We’ll give your section a hard time.” Reina patted her shoulders.

“That is, if you can beat us…” Aya boasted. Now that she thought about it, there’s no way their section can be defeated.

“Hahaha! Oh by the way, say ‘hi’ to her will yah? I miss her antics.” Reina said before standing up. She smiled at Aya and walked towards the shower room.

“Sure.”

…………
“Wow! It’s really congested in this area!” Rika marveled at the vast people shopping at night. It’s the first time she went in this area since they moved in Tokyo.

“Yeah, it’s Friday today… Hold my hand so you won’t get lost. We’ll just be quick. I know a good store.” Rika held her hand and Hitomi’s heart automatically beat very fast. She somehow thanked the crowd silently and grinned at herself. Hitomi led Rika to a small store where bags and shoes were being sold.

“Irasshaimase!” A saleslady welcomed the two of them. They went immediately to the sports section. There were many known brands but Hitomi went directly to the ‘Puma’ section and picked a white, sneaker with blue lines on it.

“When you told me it would only be quick, I didn’t know that it was ‘this’ quick.” Rika laughed.

“It will be this quick when you know what style or color the person likes and the size of the foot. Saa, let’s go choose your shoes!” Rika immediately stopped laughing and stared at Hitomi. “It’ll be my treat tonight.”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 49

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki