I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Mixed Up  

7/17/2007

This was my birthday fic for Sayumi last July 13. I didn't post it here because of some connection issues with our pc. I intended to write a comedy fic but it seems that my comedy fic turned in a somewhat 'fantasy' type. Most of the parts happened in the future (which is a week from now). It's the first time that I wrote a one shot fic that's long. I hope you wouldn't had a hard time reading this. The italicized words pertain to Sayumi's line of thought. Enjoy!

Mixed Up


“EYAAAH!!!! NANDE?!?! NANDEEEE!?!?!”

Sayu couldn’t believe what she’s seeing right now. As far as she could remember, she was happy last night because her group gave her a surprise birthday party. As far as she could remember, she was staying in Eri’s house last night. As far as she could remember, she was Sayumi Michishige; the cutest member of Morning Musume… As far as she could remember…. She was a girl….


“Oi, Yabu! You’re so noisy!..... E~eh?!? What the heck are you doing to that poor mirror?”

“Yabu? Who’s Yabu?” Sayumi thought but she knew that name was somewhat familiar…

“Hey, you might drop that mirror and crash it! Mr. Kitagawa will be angry with you. Release that and let’s go now… You’re so slow!”

“Is he talking to me? Is this body’s name, Yabu?” Sayumi wondered but then, she could not control her body when it released the large mirror from her hands and walked towards the boy next to the door.

“Hai, Hai… I was just fixing myself in front of the mirror. You don’t have to scold me, Hikaru-kun.”

“Then move faster. We still have dance rehearsals for the Shounen club.”

“Matte…. Shounen Club?!? I’m not a boy… I’m a girl!!!”

“Why are you yelling “nande, nande” in front of the mirror?”

“Eh? I didn’t shout! I was just looking in the mirror…”

“Yes you did! It sounds like a girl’s squeal to me.”

“I don’t squeal like a girl! You’re so mean.”
“Yes! I’m a girl! I’M A GIRL!!!! What did I do to deserve this punishment?” Sayu tried to remember what really happened last night.

……
Last night

“Eri, hora!”
Sayumi and Eri were walking the busy streets of Tokyo in disguise. They where on the way to Eri’s house. Eri asked Sayu and Reina to spend their night at her place. Reina couldn’t make it, but Sayu agreed. While they were walking, Sayu spotted a fortune-teller and dragged Eri towards that place.

“Ehh? Slow down will you?” Eri shouted. She couldn’t imagine Sayu still had energy to drag her in spite of partying all night.

As soon as the two approached the lady fortune teller….The psychic spoke a rather ominous fortune that would change Sayu’s life as she knew it.


“The odds are all against you… Though you’re somewhat famous in the world you are living right now, you will be cast out from that world and will be forced to live a terrible life; not to be able to do what you want to do… not to be able to say what you want to say. Only a person with a pure heart that can see behind the façade will be able to help you go back in the world you to really love.” The psychic looked at Sayu in the eye.

“W~what are you trying to say?” Sayu was scared. She was easily scared by these kinds of things. And what a nice way to end her birthday.

“It means that if you didn’t improve on your singing and dancing, Tsunku will kick you out of Momusu.” Eri whispered in Sayu’s ears.

“That’s not funny at all!!!” Eri could see that Sayu was in the verge of tears. She wanted to hug and comfort her friend but Sayu resisted.

“Gomen! It’s just a joke… Let’s us ask Ms. Fortune-teller, what w~will happen…Eh? Where is she?”

………
“Oh My GOSH!!! That fortune-teller…. I must find her at once!... Matte, should I find her or should I find that person with a pure soul? How would I know if that person really has a good soul?.... This is really frustrating!”

……..

“Hey, I think Yabu’s kind of acting weird this past week.” Shun whispered on Taiyou’s ear.

“Yeah, me too! I saw Yabu last night. He was listening to his ipod then suddenly he started doing some weird hand movements... I also heard him say… blah blah Onna no victory…V while doing this.” Taiyou showed him a pose forming a “V” sign on both his hands, the left one higher than the other and then finally, raised his left hand above his head.

“I think he’s listening to Morning Musume songs”

Taiyou and Shun looked back to where the voice was coming. Apparently, Hikaru was listening to their talks and decided to chat with them.

“Ehh? Morning Musume? What had gotten into his mind this time?” Shun asked Hikaru.

“I have no idea. Last Wednesday, he left his ipod on the dressing room. I noticed it and decided to give it back to him after I copied some itunes on my laptop but…. I saw that all his mp3’s were of Morning Musume and Hello! Project…”

“What should we do then? I think Yabu’s suffering some identity crisis right now… or… He has a crush on one of the Morning Musume members? What do you think?” Taiyou said to both of them.

“I don’t know… But I’ll talk to him later. I think he had some kind of a ‘split personality’ problem.”


…………..
“It’s almost been a week…. I wonder what’s happening with my body out there… How are the girls doing? Do Reina and Eri know what happened to me? Oi Yabu! I’m feeling depressed right now…. Eat some creampuffs and parfait!!!!”

Somehow, Sayu realized that she can still control Yabu’s body by focusing her mind… Eventually, Yabu ended up doing what she’s thinking but he doesn’t remember doing it at all. Yabu went to buy some cream puffs when Hikaru suddenly showed up.

“Konnichiwa, Yabu!”

“Oi, konnichiwa…. You like some?” Yabu offered him some creampuffs that he’s eating right now.

“No, thank you… I’m just worried about you…”

“Eh? Why would you worry about me? You’re acting weird today.”
“Oh great… Now how am I going to enjoy eating when he’s talking to somebody..”

“Actually, the group and I thought that you are the one who’s acting weird lately. Daijoubu ka?”

“Of course I’m felling alright… Why did you ask?”

“Because you are doing stuffs that don’t seem to suit you!” Hikaru put his hands on his forehead.

“Stuffs like what?” Yabu looked at him with quizzical eyes.

“Stuffs like dancing around when you’re listening to your ipod; applying too much pressed powder, buying cute stuffs, fan-girling over Morning Musume..”

“Chotto matte… Are you talking about Momusu?” Yabu suddenly cut Hikaru’s blabbering.

“Hai, Momusu… What came into your mind that you suddenly became interested with them?”

“Ok… You’re freaking me out man… I don’t remember being addicted to Momusu..”

Hikaru sat with him on the chair and put his arms on Yabu’s shoulder and said… “Look, you don’t have to be shy or to pretend that you don’t like them. I saw your ipod itunes and all of them were songs of Morning Musume… I even caught you dancing ‘Go girl, Koi no victory’ but when I asked you about it, you said you don’t remember. Just tell us what’s happening with you. We’re friends right? If that’s what you want, then we’ll support you…”

“I don’t know…what you’re talking about…” Yabu quickly grabbed his ipod from his bag and looked at his files. Hikaru was correct. All of them were of Morning musume. “Jodan dayo?!?...Who put this files on my ipod?!?”

“It was me of course… Your song collections were boring….”

“You mean to tell me, you’re not the one who put that files? “

“Why would I put girly songs in my ipod?!?”

“I guess you’re suffering from a split personality problem.”

“Ehh? You’re joking right? I don’t remember doing anything harmful on my mental health.”
“He's right! This is somewhat a split personality… But, I’m not imaginary… I’M REAL! I’m SAYUMI MICHISHIGE and I’m trapped inside your body!!! I need to get out of here!!!!”

Hikaru suddenly remembered something that maybe, is the cause of this problem.
“Dude, maybe that fortune cookie that the lady fortune teller gave you did something bad on your head. It was Friday the 13th and I know, many people consider Friday the 13th as a very unlucky day.” Hikaru looked straight into Yabu’s eyes, somewhat frightening the other.

“Nande? I totally forgot! Reina decided not to come with us because she said that it was a bad omen because it’s Friday the 13th…. OMG! I need to find her… She might be the one who can help me."

Yabu suddenly stood up and ran to the door.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“I don’t know! My feet just started moving by itself!”



……..
“I wonder what happened to Sayu… She was like, staring into space at all times. She wouldn’t even bother to talk with us..” Eri told Reina while they were eating their lunch.

“She started to act like this after her birthday right? I guess that day has something to do with the way Sayu’s acting right now.”

“Hey you know what… I did remember something about what the psychic told her.”

Reina stopped eating and focused on what Eri was saying. “What psychic? I told you to go home at once because it’s dangerous to stay outside when it’s Friday the 13th… Where did you go that night?”

“We were going home, but Sayu dragged me towards a lady fortune teller.. That psychic said something about she would not be able to say what she wanted to say…and then only a person with a pure heart will be the one who could help her… yada yada.” Eri trailed of as she was recalling the events of that night.

“I heard that myth from my grandmother…”

“What myth? I didn’t mention anything about a myth right?”

“You said something about a fortune-teller right? My grandma said that every Friday the 13th, a mysterious woman will tell a rather weird fortune to a girl and would give a fortune cookie to a boy. Those two persons will become one in a body… It depends however on who has the strongest will. Apparently I think Sayu lacks it that’s why, my theory is, Sayu’s soul is trapped in the boy’s body.”

“O~kay…If what you’ve told me is right, how are we going to find her? And how are we able to bring her back to her body? What did the woman mean with ‘a person with pure soul?”

“That… That I don’t know… I’ll call my grandma… Get Sayu. We must search for her soul as early as possible. We don’t know what will happen if she stayed in that body for too long…” Reina grabbed her cell phone and stood up without finishing her food.

………
“I need to get to that place… I hope I can see her.”
Hikaru saw Yabu ran towards the direction of the place they went last Friday. He really felt sorry for what Yabu’s experiencing right now. He was the one who pulled Yabu towards the woman.

………
“Yabu look! She’s selling a fortune cookie!” Hikaru pointed towards a woman dressed in a weird red “Arabian” style dress.

“I’m tired now Hikaru… I want to go home as fast as I could.”

“Come on. I’ll just buy a couple and then we’ll go home already. It wouldn’t take me 10 minutes to buy it… Let’s go!” He pulled Yabu towards the woman and immediately asked the woman the cost of each fortune cooking. The woman didn’t answer but instead, looked intensely at Yabu’s eyes. She then got a fortune cookie and gave it to Yabu.

“Your destiny awaits you… Who has the stronger soul between the two of you? The answer lies inside that cookie… Eat it now.”

“Ehh? Why are you giving him a cookie while I’m the one who wanted to buy some?” Hikaru protested while Yabu took a bite into his cookie.

………

“Eri, have you got Sayu?” Reina phoned Eri while she was waiting at the near their studio.

“Hai, she’s with me now… What are we going to do?”

“Meet me here at the station. We need to get to that place where you saw that lady. I’ll explain to you later.”

After a couple of minutes, Eri arrived while dragging Sayu along. Sayu looked like she was in some sort of trance.

“Ok, how are we going to bring her back?”

“My grandma told me to go back to the place where it all happened. Apparently, the woman’s name is “Rei” and she’s a spirit who brings back two people who were enemies in their past life.”

“Ehh? Why is she doing that? To teach them a lesson?” Eri looked at Sayu. She couldn’t imagine her friend having an enemy in her past life.

“It’s somewhat like that. The person with a pure soul who can save Sayu is herself. And to be able to do that, she must say sorry to the other person or her enemy... or…”

“Or what?”

“Or to be humble by saying with all her heart like... that she’s not the ‘cutest member’ of Momusu.”

“Reina, this is not a good time to joke around.”

“I’m not joking! It’s either she admits her wrong doings in the past… Or to be humble and stop being a narcissist…”

The train stopped and they pulled Sayu towards the direction of the exit. They ran towards that place but they only saw two boys who were somewhat searching for something.

“Matte… That’s me! Reina! Eri! I’m Sayu!!!! Can you see me?” Yabu waved at the girls unknowingly.

“Yabu, they’re members of Momusu right?” Hikaru whispered

“I don’t know…” Yabu whispered back.

“THEN WHY ARE YOU WAVING AT THEM?!?”

“I have no idea… I can’t control my arms!”

……..
Eri approached them first, leaving Sayu at the care of Reina.

“Ano, have you seen a lady in a red, somewhat ‘Arabic’ style, dress here by any chance?”

After hearing that, Hikaru immediately grabbed Eri’s shoulder. “We were searching for her too! How did you know her?”

“Hanase!!!” Eri was surprised at the sudden behavior of the stranger. Suddenly Yabu punched his friend straight at his face.

“Don’t touch my friend!!”
“A~hhhh… GOMEN HIKARU!!! I can’t control my hands!”

“Sayu!!!” Reina yelled on top of her lungs and ran towards Yabu. “Sayu, you’re in there right? If you could hear me, you must say sorry to this guy sincerely or to admit with all your heart that you’re not the cutest member of Morning Musume!!!

“Ehh? Who’s Sayu?” Hikaru asked while he was still on the ground; his right hand caressing his cheek.

“Sayu is our friend who was trapped inside the body of your friend here by a weird lady. That lady is a spirit who was joining together those who are enemies in their previous life. And the only means to separate the two is to say sorry to each other or to be humble.” Reina explained to Hikaru but she was looking at Yabu’s eyes instead.

“Me? But I’m the cutest Momusu member who ever walked on the surface of the world!”

“I know you’re having second thoughts, but you must do it… We don’t know what will happen to the two of you if you stick together for too long. You must hurry now!” Eri ran towards Yabu and hugged him…err her.

“I guess I have no choice but to say that I’m not the cutest…for now.”

……..
“Ehhh?!? Eri? Why are you hugging that bo…y…CHOTTO!!! You’re Kota Yabu of Yah-Yah-Yah right?”

Reina and Eri looked at where the voice was coming. They saw Sayu looking rather surprised at the scene in front of her. Eri released her grip from Yabu..

OMG!!!! And Hikaru is here too! Where’s Taiyou and Shun?!?”

“They… they were in the studio right now….” Hikaru stood up and went to Yabu… Hey, daijoubu ka?”

“Nani?!?” Yabu looked around at the surroundings… “What are we doing here?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. The persons involved will not remember a thing once they return to their original body.” Reina just smiled and wondered whether Sayumi chose to say sorry rather than to accept that she's not the cutest member...XD

The end


I hope I didn't give you a headache while you're reading this. I had a hard time descibing in english what I want to say... My brain's not functioning well right now because of our unit test yesterday and our research... College life is really difficult. Well, if you don't understand, and if you saw that I had grammatical errors, just feel free to leave a comment...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Mixed Up

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki