I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 6  

7/11/2007

I dont know what's the problem with our connection... I can't seem to open blogs from livejournal and blogspot... I can't view my page but I can post... I can't also open Monogatari forum. It's too frustrating. I'm currently downloading yahoo messenger... Hehehe. Have fun reading! :)


Chapter 6

It was a sunny Saturday morning. Rika and Maki went to the playground in their subdivision. Rika brought a futsal ball with her. She had been in the futsal varsity team since she was in grade 4. It was her favorite sport. She was not only famous for her brains but also for her great leadership in that sport that helped them won in several interschool competitions.


………Rika passed the note to Reina and the other gave it to Maki.

“How about on Saturday morning in our subdivision playground? I’ll go to your house first and then we can go there together.”

Reina passed the note back to Rika. She was getting accustomed to being the “mailman” of the two. At least, she could do something for the top two students she admired the most.

“Hai, go to our house at 7am.”

……………

“So, let’s warm up first.”

“Ehh? Doushite? We were just going to kick balls. And besides, it’s a waste of time. You must teach me now the basics of kicking a ball.” Maki pouted. Rika was happy for the interest of Maki to learn her favorite sport.

“And have some cramps in the end? Warm ups are important so as not to hurt ourselves in the end. So, even if you don’t like it, you must do it!” Rika put her arms across her chest and tapped her feet.

“Fine, fine… Let’s do it quickly.”


After a 15 minute warm up

“I think I can’t do it anymore… My legs already hurt.” Maki went to the nearest bench and massaged her legs.

“It’s because it’s your first time. If you didn’t do those warm ups… Your legs will hurt much more when we finished the practice.” Rika sat down next to Maki and drank some liquid.

“You pushed me too hard when we’re doing that flexibility warm up in the legs. I think my veins snapped. I’m not as flexible as you.”

“Hahaha… It means that you don’t exercise always. Exercise is good for our health, so… Let’s now start our practice!” Rika stood up and pulled Maki towards the field. Maki was reluctant at first but eventually, she found it exciting to play futsal especially when she scored her first goal.

“Wow! You’re a fast learner!” Rika remarked. She can see that Maki has a potential in playing futsal. She made up her mind to sharpen Maki’s skill. She wanted the people in the sports festival to remember her and Maki as a scoring duo in the competition. And as a captain in the futsal team, she will invite Maki to join them eventually so the other schools will see how great their team was when the two of them are playing on the field. For now, she will do her best to unleash Maki’s potential.

They played till noon. Maki invited Rika to eat in their house.

“Mom baked a cake when she learned that you’re going in our house.”

“You’re mom’s cakes tasted really well. I think I’ll ask her to teach me how to bake.”

“I can teach you that. My mom enrolled me in a baking and cooking school for kids, near our former house when I was in grade three. I was the youngest person who enrolled in that school, but I eventually outgrown the others when it comes to presentation and the palatability of the cuisine.” Rika listened intently to what Maki is saying. She imagined Maki wearing a chef’s uniform and hat while she teaches her how to cook. She laughed out loud at the thought.

“Hahaha! That would be fun. I’ll teach you what I know in futsal, and then you’ll teach me how to bake and cook.”

They arrived in Maki’s house and ate their lunch. After eating, they went upstairs to Maki’s room and study a little bit. Due to the rough training they did this morning, Rika eventually fell asleep while they were studying. Though Rika was heavy, Maki tried her best to carry Rika towards her bed without waking her up. She then laid down next to her and fell asleep with a smile on her face.


I had to cut it rigth here otherwise, it will become a really long chapter. XD

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 6

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki