I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Midnight Greeting  

9/19/2007

It's supposed to be my b-day fic for Ai Takahashi... But.. It center is more on Risa so that doesn't count... I'll try to make another when I have a free time... XD

Midnight Greeting

“What happened to us? Why do I feel that she’s far away from me?”

I’m sorry, I can’t make it… I’m too busy with school stuffs lately.

Risa couldn’t sleep that night. She kept thinking about her friendship with Ai for last few months. Ai and Risa became bestfriend almost two years ago but they each other for seven years now. They we’re school mates and a common friend introduced them to each other. Something happened that made them what they are now, but Risa thought that Ai was drifting away from her.


About a year ago, they were always together. She would always go to her house and for the first time, slept at her friend’s home. It’s such a nice feeling being with you’re bestfriend. Risa would go to Ai’s school and wait for her in the nearest fast-food restaurant. If there’s a program in their school, Ai would invite her and Risa would definitely go with her even if it means going home late. They help each other with their assignments and when they visit each other’s house, they always had movie marathons.

But that’s the past now…
………
“I’m jealous when you’re with her.”

“Hahaha, is that so? Don’t be jealous about it… what where you thinking, Ai”
………
“I shouldn’t have said that… I’m really the one who’s jealous…”

Ai met someone… She introduced her to Risa and became friends too. But suddenly, Risa felt that because of her, Ai doesn’t spend much time with her anymore. She was acting like it’s alright but deep down inside, she’s hurting. It’s the first time that she had someone whom she called her real “best friend”. They act like bestfriend should act. Not like the one she had before when she was young. Best friend was just a term for them but it’s not shown through actions.

“Will we become like that? I don’t want that to happen to us…” Risa felt like crying now. The darkness of her room adds to the feeling of despair inside her heart.

Was it a feeling of revenge or she just wanted Ai to feel sympathy for not being with her always, that made her imitate the way Ai respond when asked about her free time. Risa would always say that she’s busy with school stuffs even though it’s only a lie. She finds time to be with Eri more than with Ai. She would purposely send her message for Eri to Ai’s number to get the other jealous…

“Was she jealous? She said so the last time… But what did I gain from it? Did it make me happy or more miserable than before?” Risa tossed and turned from her bed. 5 minutes from now and it will be midnight and she had class tomorrow at 7. Her head will surely ache again due to lack of sleep.

…..
Best- I’m sorry if I didn’t reply earlier, I’m doing my assignments. Yeah, let’s meet at Mc Donald’s. (^_^)
Makoto- Kindly bring our project tomorrow… let’s finish it, ok? :)
Konno- I’ll return your book next week. I’m not through with it. XD
-GM-

“It’s ok, I’ll just hope you don’t get sick due to fatigue… Make sure you drink your vitamins and get a lot of rest.” Risa pushed the send button. After a couple of minutes, Ai replied.

“Hehehe. Yah, I’ve already drank my vitamins, thanks for your concern. You too, get enough rest, ok? Hey, I’ll sleep now, Oyasumi… I love you, sis…(^_^)”

……….

Risa was touched by the message of Ai, every time they had some time to text each other. Ai would always say “I love you, sis.” Ai would always say what she feels in contrast to her, Risa couldn’t say those words to Ai. She would just reply, “me too.” As an indirect way of saying that she loves her bestfriend.

Its 12 now. Risa got her phone and typed a message to Ai. She didn’t care whether she wouldn’t reply now, or tomorrow morning. What’s important was that she was the first to greet her.

“OHAYOU!!!! HAPPY BDAY SIS!!! Godbless! (n_n)”

Risa pressed the send button. It’s only a simple message because she can’t think of anything to say to her. She decided to sleep now. She’s feeling that sleep was catching up with her but that was halted when her phone rang. She saw on the display that it’s Ai. She got up and answered her phone.

“Ohayou! Thanks for greeting me, sis!”

“It’s nothing… Did I wake you?”

“No, I’m still doing my project. And you?”

“…. I just waited for midnight to arrive… I want to be the first to greet you happy b-day.”

“Geez, thanks, that’s why I love you very much… I’ll be the first one to greet you on your b-day. I promise that.”

“That is… If you remembered when my b-day is.”

“Of course I do… You’re my sis after all… Hey, by the way… Are you free tomorrow after school? There’s a little celebration here. I want you to be present.”

“Hai, don’t worry, I’ll go there.”

“Yey! Don’t forget my present… Joke! Just bring yourself and that will be fine with me… Hey, I’ll go to sleep now… Thanks again sis… I love you..”

“……. I love you too….. Oyasumi..”

“…….. DID I JUST HEAR THAT? OMG!!!” Risa moved her phone away from her ear because of Ai’s loud voice over the phone.

“Hai, be proud because I don’t say that to other people… even to my parents… you know me…”

“hahaha, yes I know… So I’ll see you around tomorrow. Oyasumi!”

………..
“Maybe I was just thinking too much about something that’s not going to happen… After all, we’re not just best friends…. We’re sisters.”

The End

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Midnight Greeting

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki