I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 47  

4/16/2008

Chapter 47



“You have any objections? This play is included in your extra curricular grade. If you didn’t win the best presentation award, you all get a low grade. And those who will not win in our Intramurals, will get a low grade also. If you both lose any of those two events, expect a failing grade for our first grading period. Got that?”

The students were really afraid of their teacher. They were hearing all sorts of talks about her. She could really get into your skin. Even the principal can’t do something about their teacher’s attitude and she even wanted Nakazawa to be the guidance counselor before. Nakazawa declined the offer because she really liked teaching the Home Economics subject and she wanted to be the coach of the girl’s futsal team at that time.

“I hope that you find time to balance your time between this play, your sports and your studies. Our class ends at 3pm. From 3-5, the staff will make the costumes and the set, while the characters will practice their script. From 5-7pm, you will each practice your sports for the Intramurals.”

“Was that a joke?” Aya whispered to herself. She was happy when she learned that she will be able to take revenge on Miki by playing the evil step sister but the twists that Nakazawa made were somewhat disturbing. Secretly, she admires her teacher’s creativity for being able to think about this crazy story.

“Mam! I have a varsity practice in basketball every Wednesday and Friday at 3 in the afternoon!” Rika opposed. She hadn’t had any sleep last night. She will definitely have a hard time to balance her studies and her extra curricular activities. She needs to keep her grades up and continue to become the valedictorian in this new school of hers. To be able to pursue "their" dream.

“I’ve already told it to Iida-sensei. You will only attend your practice every Friday… at 7. She will give you a personal training which I think can help you to make our section win.” Rika sighed at Nakazawa’s answer.
“I really need to buy lots of medicine for my asthma..”

………….
“Wait… Why would she blame it to your class? She’s the one who wrote the script and the one who will direct it. So if it goes bad, it’s your teacher’s fault.”

“Don’t talk while you’re chewing your food… watch your etiquette.” Rika said to Sayu. They were eating their lunch in their school’s cafeteria. Sayumi swallowed hard before answering Rika.

“I can’t help it! She’s just too mean. She’s the one who’s making your lives a living hell and it’s still your fault if you didn’t win…. That’s so cruel!!!”

“Watch your wrinkles… But I think that Nakazawa was just trying to make you strong and determined students.”

“What was that about? Didn’t you hear anything about the senior students’ stories about her? She’s pure evil..” Rika and Eri laughed at fuming Sayumi.

“Hey, you’re not cute when you’re angry.” Eri reminded her. Sayu just crossed her arms on her chest and leaned on the chair.

“Seriously, if you try to analyze it in her point of view you’ll realize that it’s not bad at all.” Reina casually said even though Sayu was giving her a strange look. “If I’m Nakazawa-sensei, I’ll have more respect to my students and I’ll be proud of them if they succeed this trial. If you managed to balance your time between activities, I presumed that you developed discipline in yourself. If you didn’t quit, I know that you’re determined and you must have developed your self-confidence really well. You know, some lessons in life are learned in a hard way.”

“I can relate to what Reina had said…” Rika trailed off. The three became quiet and just continued eating their lunch.


…………..
“Sorry for pinching your nose.”

“It’s ok, it’s my fault really… Gomen.”

“You’re really mean last night… You should respect me more because I’m older than you.”

Hitomi stooped eating her lunch and went to Miki. She grabbed Miki’s right hand and put it on her forehead. “Gomen, obaasan…” Miki smacked her sister’s forehead.

“You’re starting it again!!! Did dad give you some sort of medicine for you to act crazily like that? I feel that somehow, you’ve changed ever since he went back to America.”

“He didn’t give me anything…. But you’re hunch was right. I’ve changed.” Miki looked at her skeptically. She just shrugged it off and they continued to eat their lunch in their restaurant silently.

………………

“I really want to study in Tokyo High! You’ll accompany me when I’ll shift in there next school year right?”

“I don’t know… We started our junior high life here. I don’t want to take anymore entrance exams.”

“Eh? You must… you’re my best friend…. I’ll be lonely if you’ll not go with me…”

“Are you sure? You just want to be with her. Ever since you saw her, you’ve become crazy like that.”

“KYAHHHH!!! Don’t make me remember her… I’m already turning red at the thought that we will be at the same school….”

“I thought so……. Fine, I’ll go too… There’s someone who I wanted to talk to in there.”

“Who is it? IS it a guy? Oh please tell me!!!”

“Secret…. I won’t tell it to you!”

“You’re mean… We’re best friends… Oh well, I’ll just investigate it myself if you don’t want to talk… but promise me one thing…”

“What is it?”



“Let’s make sure that we will make it to the Tokyo High Futsal varsity team when we passed their exams, Ok?”



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 47

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki