I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 64  

1/24/2008

Since the forum is currently offline, I decided to post the remaining chapters here. I need to finish this before the month ends because I need to focus on my next fic...I forrgot whether I posted this chapter or not in the forum, but to be sure, I'll post it here...XD




[i]“You want to join our futsal eh? Let’s see what you can do…” Miki kicked the balls in rapid succession towards the poor girl. The girl was not trying to catch the ball, but instead, she’s evading it. She knew that this match was not meant to test her skills.

“It’s that all you’ve got?! Come on… Show me more!” Miki kicked the ball harder, putting every ounce of her energy on each strike. She smiled inwardly as she the saw girl cry out in pain.

“Why are you crying? Is it painful? Why won’t you call your prince Hitomi to come and save you?” Miki mocked as she glared at her sister hiding behind the door of the gym.[/i]

………………
Hitomi was drenched in sweat as she breathed heavily. She looked around her room and laid back on her bed.

[i] “It’s a reality turned nightmare. Is it trying to say something to me?”[/i]

Hitomi tossed and turned on her bed as she tried to get some more sleep. Memories of the past kept haunting her. What if she stopped her sister back then? Would Makoto stay in Japan? What will happen with her relationship with her sister? She has many questions plaguing her mind right now. The scenes unfolding these past few days were somewhat the same back then. A de já vû on her part. Will she make the same mistakes again? She experienced the result of her choice back then, and it’s very painful on her part. Is fate giving her a chance to choose the option she hadn’t chosen before? She could still experience pain in the process but what matters is the end result. A smile appeared on her face as she slowly drifts back to dream land.

………………
“I still can’t get you. You’re really a mysterious person.”

“Why, thank you…” Reina playfully replied. Rika just smiled and sat on the seat of the swing.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about?”

“Do you like Hitomi?” Reina asked, straight to the point. Rika almost fell on her seat.

“What are you talking about?!? Of course no!”

“You give your answer quickly eh… Ok, let’s change the verb… Do you LOVE Hitomi?” Rika glared at her friend. Reina put her index finger on her lips. Rika immediately covered her mouth and looked towards the direction of Sayumi’s house. Reina asked her right after they finished their lunch to come on their neighborhood secretly. Just like the first time they talked in a restaurant 4 years ago.

“What’s gotten into your mind? Why are you asking things like that?” Rika answered as softly as she could.

“That means ‘yes’… You didn’t insert ‘no’ in the end of your sentence so probably, you’re hesitating because you definitely feel something towards her… Am I right?” Rika eyed her friend. She’s still the same old keen and observant Reina that she knew. Ayumi was her strength while Reina was her mirror; a mirror who could make her see what she doesn’t want to see.”

“Are you a psychic or what? You’ve been like this ever since I’ve known you.” Rika laughed.

“I don’t know, I guess I can tell what’s on the mind of a person by merely observing them.” Reina looked at Rika seriously. “And I can tell right now that something’s bugging your mind… And it definitely involves Hitomi.”

Rika just smiled. She that she can’t escape Reina’s piercing eyes. “Fine… yes… It definitely involves Hitomi… but that was the past now.”

“What do you mean past?”

“I just told her yesterday that I’m already seeing someone so she should stop whatever she’s feeling towards me.”

“You told her that you’re already seeing Miki?”

“Hell, no! I’ve told her that I’m seeing Maki.”

“You’re seeing a ghost?” Rika stared at her friend. She knew that Reina knew what she’s talking about. “If this is the only thing that you want to talk about, then I’m going now.”

“Wait! I get it… Geez… You’re avoiding Hitomi and you used a dead person’s name. If you want to avoid her, you could use my name or Ayumi’s or even Sayu or Eri. We’ll definitely help you with that. Do you think Maki will be happy if she found out that you’re using her name like that?”

“You don’t have to lecture me about that…. I know Maki’s dead… but what I’ve told her is the truth… The one I love is Maki. I just removed the ‘dead’ part.” Rika knew that whatever explanation she gave to Reina, the fact was that, what she did was wrong.

Reina heaved a sigh. “And you’re the one saying that you’re trying your best to move on… But I need you to answer me honestly on my following questions.”

“What is it now, a question and answer portion in a beauty contest?” Rika joked.

“Haha, funny. Please answer seriously, ok?”

“I’ll try…”


……………
[i] “Hello?”

“Hi!”

“I’m convinced… wanna formulate a plan?”

“Later. I need to talk with her first. I need to hear it on her own mouth.”

“Who’s her?” [/i]




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 64

  • Anonymous
    January 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

    Hi!!!! Did you remember me?1 I'm Kreuz from the monogatari forum. i almost die when I see that the forum was closed, my first thought was "WTH?!!! I want to keep reading Broken Destiny" but yeah... then I contacted stefy and she told me about your blog so here I'm ^_^
    About the chapter, Damn! Miki is really angry and she's focusing her anger in Shige, it was Sayu, right? Poor Yossy, first all that problem with Mako-chan and now Rika rejects her... I'm pretty sure that when she knows what's really going on she will be very angry with Miki
    Reina is such an observant person, Rika can't hide things of her. What about the last conversation? Really intriguing

  • cogi_yoshi
    January 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

    Ahahaha... I surely remember you. :) Thanks for reading my fic... what happened in monogatari by the way? (if you knew)
    Ehh? Shige? No, she's focusing her anger on Mako-chan..XD
    So, there will be a lot of twist and turns as this fic comes to an end. About the conversation... I'll post the next chap.XD

  • Anonymous
    January 28, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

    OH!!! So that was a...how you call it? Flashback? I need to read the last chap... Now, about the monogatari forum, stefy ask the same in kata's blog and she just said that It was closed, only that, so...

  • Anonymous
    January 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

    i just found out about this fic today. i'm really into it. but after chapter 7, it's chapter 64. i'm confused. at first i thought they are all chapter-6-in-between but when i read obviously its not. i know the rest of it u've posted in monogatari forum, and it's closed now. can't i read it somewhere else?

  • Anonymous
    February 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

    Hi! It’s nice to know the story continues here^^ and nice to see ka-monogatari in here XD Japanime should be here too because I think she likes fanfics.

    And about your LET and school ganbatte!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki