I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

White Day  

3/15/2008

I was supposed to post this last March 14... But I'm so tired from our program in school. I hope you like this one.XD



“Ano … I’ve kinda thought about what you said to me last month… I guess… We both feel the same. I’m sorry I didn’t make a move earlier... I waited for this White Day to arrive to give you this.”

Hitomi handed the teary eyed girl with a bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolates. The girl received her gifts and hugged her tightly.


“Nee~ it sure feels like yesterday right?” Hitomi dreamily said as she lay down on the thick, green grass. She smiled as if the other person answered her. She closed her eyes and continued reminiscing the past.

“Hey! Is it true? I’ve heard that you and Rika were together now.” Hitomi faced her friend showing a wide grin on her face. She hugged her and messed up her hair.

“MIKI!!!! YOU WON’T BELIEVE IT!!! She was the one who asked me last Valentine’s Day… and then… I said to her that I will think about it… but of course, deep inside I’m happy… and then… last White Day, I gave my answer… together with roses and chocolates… and..”

“Will you speak slowly? Are you practicing your rapping skills? Geez, I can’t understand a single word that you’ve said.” Miki retorted. Hitomi gave her an even wider grin.

“Gomen, I was just so excited to share it… but to cut the story short… WE”RE TOGETHER NOW!!!!” Hitomi jumped up and down and took Miki’s hands. She pushed and pulled her as if dancing to the tune of waltz.

“YAMETTE!!! I’m becoming dizzy!” Miki pushed away Hitomi. She fixed her hair and clothing before looking at her friend, eye to eye.

“I hope you won’t get hurt by your decision.” Hitomi’s smile vanished. There was something that Miki wanted to disclose in her sentence. She was about to ask about it when Miki smiled back at her. “Congrats dude! I hope you will be happy now.”


“You know, I really thought Miki was jealous at that time. If you didn’t say that the two of you were neighbours, I would think that she has a thing for me too. But of course, my heart only belongs to you.” Hitomi said without opening her eyes. She felt a cold breeze pass through her face as if caressing it. She smiled.

“Why are you here? GET OUT!!!” Rika’s father screamed in furiously. Hitomi stood still.
“Do you want me to personally kick you out of this house? You took her away from us!”

“I’m sorry sir, but I’m here to see Rika. Even for the last time. I just want to say goodbye to her.” Hitomi pleaded. As if to show her sincerity, Hitomi kneeled in front of Rika’s parents with her head supported by the back of her palms on the floor. It was in this scenario when Miki came inside house. She saw Hitomi crying silently. Miki sighed and joined her friend in kneeling.

“Please let her see her. Rika and I have been friends for the last 8 years. I know that she will be happy to see her for the last time.”


Hitomi let her tears fall freely from her face. She can’t stop it every time she remembered something sad or painful in the past. She sighed out loud and opened her eyes. She sat up from her position and looked at her wrist watch.

“Saa, I’ll be going now. I’ll be late for my work. Be sure to eat your chocolates. I had a hard time buying them for you.” She stood up and wiped away some of the grasses which stick to her clothing. She smiled as she looked at the gravestone below her. She’s been doing this for the last 10 years of her life; pretending that Rika was still alive.

“I’ll come back later with Miki. She just arrived from Hawaii with her husband last night. She brought back some imported chocolates. Let’s eat it here later. Ja ne, my love.”

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ White Day

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki