I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 55  

4/16/2008

Chapter 55



“I can’t believe it!!! It’s our cultural festival already!!!” Rika screamed in frustration.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it, we will survive this challenge.” Eri replied.

“It’s unfair… why does section B’s performance have to be singing while playing the instrument where as our performance is a drama? They will only last for about 5 minutes maximum and ours are like 25 minutes minimum? It really is unfair!”

“Ahmm, I’ll just make you remember. Our adviser is the great Yuuko Nakazawa so… that’s it. No questions asked.”

“It still is unfair…” Rika whined over the phone.

“I understand you. It’s already 12 in the morning. We need to get lots of rest for our play tomorrow. Oyasumi!”

“Oyasumi!”

…………….
“Moshi moshi?”

“Ohayou!”

“Rika? Geez, it’s like 1 in the morning and you’re still full of energy?” Ayumi whined over the phone. She just woke up from the constant ringing of her cell phone.

“Gomen… Did I just wake you up? I can’t sleep… I’m really nervous about our play tomorrow on our Cultural Festival.”

“Why? What’s you play about?” Ayumi sleepily asked.

“A fairy tale called Sleeping Beauty… actually a modified version of Sleeping Beauty.”

“What do you mean by modified?”

“The princess was sent away to live with her fairy godmother when they learned that she will be killed with a spinning wheel because of a bad witch. Her fairy godmother became her step mother, who has two other adopted daughters. And sleeping beauty became Cinderella in a sense that the step sisters always make her suffer. Then, the step-mother- fairy godmother went on a journey to find a prince who can make the curse disappear, but then, the twist comes in, and the ending of the story was somehow altered.”

“And how does the story ends?”

………….

“Rika?”

………..
“Rika???”

“Himitsu….”

“MOU!!! Your really mean! You woke me up in the middle of the night, then told me some interesting story…. And then you will not tell me the outcome?! HIDOI!!!” Ayumi ranted on the phone. Rika just laughed out loud and continued.

“I missed pissing you off. That’s why..”

“You know what? I’m going to go to your school tomorrow and watch that play of yours!”

“You’ll not do it right? You still have classes tomorrow.”

“That’s what you think... you pissed me today… be prepared tomorrow.” Ayumi tried to stop her giggling otherwise, Rika will notice that she’s just joking. Rika didn’t respond so Ayumi continued.
“If you’re that nervous… I’m guessing that you’re the princess right? Then there’s an almighty prince who will kiss you right? That’s a good one to see.”

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not the princess.”

“I’ll just watch it tomorrow. But my hunch was telling me that you’ll be going to get kissed in the lips… I don’t know who because you said that it’s twisted.”

“Oyasumi!”

“Hahaha!!! Now, it’s your turn to get pissed off. But I’m really serious. I’m going there to watch my best friend’s show.”

“Thanks, Ayu! Oyasumi!”

“Oyasumi, sleep well.”

…………
Rika stared at her ceiling. It’s almost 2 in the morning and the sandman still wasn’t visiting her. She held her necklace and put out her pendant under her clothing. She stared at the small bottle filled with ashes.

“I have a feeling that you will get jealous, right? I hope that you can watch it in person, but I know that wherever you are, you’re always watching me.”

………….
There were many people visiting the grounds of Tokyo High. Students from other schools were having fun at the interesting booths and stores that were available in there. The principal made this event open to outsiders to gain some funds and as a mean of advertisement to acquire new students next school year.

“Look at those students. As usual, they swooned over our captain and sub-captain of the futsal team.” Iida-sensei said over to her long-time friend, Nakazawa.

“Yeah, it’s good to possess both talent and good looks. I envy them.”

“But I should say, Miki’s attitude changed fast. What did you do to her?”

“I don’t know. Someone I guess.”

“Who’s that someone?”

“Just watch the show and observe.”

…………
“Sugoi! Rika, you really look like a handsome prince!” Eri admired her friend who’s wearing a white, prince outfit.

“And you look scary with that witch outfit of yours.”

“I know, and missed Reina and Sayu’s performance due to this long and gruesome make-up session.”

“Don’t worry. I’ve asked Ayumi to tape it for us.” Rika excitedly said and waved her sword in the air.

“Hontou?! She’s here?! I hope she wouldn’t record our performance. It’s really embarrassing.”

“Yeah, I hope so too.”

Miki and Hitomi came out of the make up room. Their classmates were awed by the sudden change of looks of the two.

“Woah Miki! You really look like a real princess! Mind if I court you?”

“Yuuichi-kun, do you like to get punched in the face again?”

“Fine, what if I court your beautiful fairy godmother then?”

“If that happens, our play would be canceled because I really would send you to the hospital.” Miki glared at the playboy who once experienced her wrath.

“Geez, you’re attitude’s still the same. But I’ll have the opportunity to trash you around this time!” Yuuichi smiled evilly.

“Yeah, you’re right. But it’s only for a limited time. After this play, I’ll be the one to tra…”

Miki’s sentence was cut off by the siren, signaling the start of the play.

“My heart’s beating very fast!! I’m nervous!” Rika whispered to herself.

“Don’t worry, everything will be alright.” Hitomi patted her shoulders and then, went to the stage.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 55

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki