I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 57  

4/16/2008

I'll skip chap 56 first...there's too many words to edit in there.. Hehehe..XD



“I’m very proud of you all!!!” Nakazawa screamed. She messed up everyone’s hair. “Nice timing with the lights and sounds! You handled your team very well, Koume.”

“It’s nothing ma’am.” Koume meekly replied.

“Saa, let’s go for a celebration!!! Miki, you did very well today! Does you foot still hurt?”

“A little bit, but I’m ok.”

“Our little private training did work, right?”

“So… that’s why you always run off every break… Naruhodo.” Hitomi exclaimed.

“I still don’t get it. It’s really not a competition but why did you say so?” Eri asked.

“Well, it’s because….”

“Because?” The students asked simultaneously.

“Because, it’s fun to see you guys give all your best in a play. The audiences were happy because they enjoyed your show.” Nakazawa gave them a wide grin and went out of the room. “I’ll treat you this dinner after the fireworks, ja!”

………..
“I didn’t expect you to have fewer scenes in the play. I thought that your exposure will be great.” Ayumi said to Rika while they were watching the fireworks in the night sky on the school grounds.

“Thank goodness that didn’t happen. More exposure means more time to practice.”

“Hahaha, right… You enjoyed practicing late before.”

“That was different ok? Please don’t bring up that topic anymore. I’m trying my best to forget.”

“Are you sure? I think the more you try to forget, the more you remember her.” Ayumi looked at her best friend in the eye. Rika closed her eyes and grabbed the thing underneath her clothing.

“Yeah, it’s really hard to forget.”

“So why don’t you try to hook up with someone else to forget her?” Sayumi suddenly said out of nowhere. Eri handed them an ice cream and sat beside them.

“Eh? What are you saying?” Rika looked around. “Where’s Reina?” Eri and Sayumi shrugged.

…………….
“Have you noticed it in the game three days ago?” Reina asked. They were watching the fireworks on the top of their building.

“Yeah, I had a hard time believing at first but, yeah… I sure do notice them.” Aya leaned on the railing and sipped her tea.

“So, what are we going to do about it?”

“Let’s try to observe them further. After what happened, I guess that there will be more interesting things that will happen in the future.”

“Will Miki be ok with that? Do you think she will do that again?” Reina asked.

“Miki? I don’t think so. Knowing her, she will do more harsh things than before. And I don’t think that Hitomi will allow it… I too, will not allow it to happen again.”

“Count me in too.”

………………
“GOCHISOUSAMA!!!” The students of section A simultaneously said after eating a wonderful meal at the Yoshizawa Restaurant. Only Rika and Eri knew that Hitomi and Miki’s mother was the owner of the place. Nakazawa paid for the meals and got a discount, which she doesn’t know why she was given one. It was quite late in the evening and they were glad that tomorrow, they don’t have classes for its Saturday.

“Saa, I’m going now! Ja!” Eri waved at Rika. Rika saw at the distance that Sayumi and Reina were waiting for their best friend.

”I envy them…” Rika continued walking home. She felt that someone was following her. She quickened her pace and didn’t dare to look back. She felt that someone was approaching her fast. She almost screamed when that person grabbed her shoulder.

“Tasuke… te…. Mou! Hitomi hidoi! You scared me there!”

“Gomen. I didn’t mean to.” Hitomi said in a remorseful voice.

“Ano, don’t worry. I’m ok now. Be sure that next time, you’ll not do it again.”

“Hai!” Hitomi smiled widely. “Mind if I walk you home?”
“Ahh… Sure” Rika and Hitomi walked silently side by side. It was Hitomi who first broke the silence.

“The play went well right?”

“Yeah….” Rika trailed off.

“Onee-san was a good actress right?”

“Yeah…” Rika smiled at the thought.

“Sensei was really good at script writing right?”

“Yeah.”

“You wouldn’t mind if I kiss you on the lips right?”

“Yeah…”

………….
………….
…………

“NANI?!?” It took a while before Rika can process what Hitomi told her. “Hahaha, you caught me there. I wouldn’t fall on your joke next time.”

“It wasn’t a joke, I’m serious.”

“W.. why are you saying things like that?” Rika looked bewildered. Hitomi was looking at her straight in the eyes.

“I… I have a crush on you for a long time now. I even get jealous with onee-san when she making advances towards you. I can’t explain it, but I feel like I’ve known you for a long time no.” Hitomi explained without even blinking. Rika remembered her talk with Ayumi where Sayumi suddenly butt in.
“So why don’t you try to hook up with someone else to forget her?”

“Then? What do you want me to do?”

“Just stay beside me always.” Hitomi held Rika’s chin. She moved forward, making their faces closer to each other. “I love Prince Franz with all my heart.” Hitomi leaned forward, and kissed Rika after saying that. They were unaware of the prying eyes that were watching them nearby.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 57

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki