I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Link: Final Chapter  

6/26/2007

After many months, I was able to finish my Maki-Reina fic. I hope you like the ending. As usual, Red is for Reina and Blue for Maki. XD


Chapter 8: Thread of Fate

November 27, 2004

Reina was very excited that day that she arrived in the said meeting place an hour earlier. She even called Maki that morning to ask some advice on what she should wear. There are many people looking at her. She knew that they may recognize her as a girl from Morning Musume. But Maki’s idea seemed to be working well. She told Reina to pretend that she’s only cosplaying “Reina Tanaka”. That way, no body will bother her while waiting for Toma to arrive.

“It’s 2 pm! I wonder what she looks like. I hope she will recognize me. I did tell her about my Yankee fashion.”

The heat of the sun hurts her skin but she didn’t want to go to the shade. It’s thirty minutes past two and still, no sign of Toma. Even if her legs are hurting, she didn’t leave that place.

“I mustn’t leave. Toma may come anytime soon.” She just got her cd player and listened to Maki’s songs. She was glad that she was chosen to join Morning Musume; otherwise, it would be impossible to meet her idol… and to be close to her. She was so hooked to the music that she didn’t realized that an hour has passed already.

“I wonder what happened to her? I’m really excited about our meeting. I want to see her personally.” Reina decided to stay for another hour. But after almost an hour and a half of waiting, someone came…

“Reina? What are you doing here?”

“Miki! I was just… ahh… Standing here… to see whether people will be able to recognize me.” She couldn’t look to Miki’s eyes. She was somewhat ‘scared’ of Miki’s glare.

“You’re not a good liar, are you? I could see that you’re waiting for someone… And for a long time now.”

“Ho…how did you know?” Reina was puzzled. Does Miki’s glare is some sort of x-ray eyes that can read people’s minds? How was she able to tell it?

“It’s easy! You’re skin is baked from the heat of the sun. And besides, Aya and I are eating in that restaurant for an hour now. She wanted you to join us that’s why I approached you.” Miki pointed to the waving Aya in the restaurant.

“Is that so? Thank you for your concern but I’m going now. I have to go someplace else.” Reina said while bowing to Miki and to Aya’s direction. It’s not a lie though. She had to go to that place. She had to talk to someone… If that someone will answer her call. She strode past Miki and called a taxi.

She immediately went to the elevator when she had gotten inside the building. And for the first time, the elevator seemed to understand where she wants to be. It went directly up the 13th floor. Reina opened the transceiver and tried to call the person she’s supposed to meet.

“Toma… Toma… Are you there?”

…………

…………

“Toma, if you’re there please answer me!”
Reina said sounding somewhat irritated.

…………
…………

“To…”

“Reika, is that you?”


Yes it’s me…. Why didn’t you show up at our meeting place?”

“I should be the one asking you that…”

“Nani? My feet really hurt right now because of waiting for you to come! I didn’t move an inch from that place for you to be able to spot me. But then I’ve waited for you for almost 3 hours... But YOU, didn’t show up!” Reina almost shouted that last sentence. She felt betrayed and hurt.

“That was a good joke… I was also there, right next to the entrance for almost 3 hours to. I too, didn’t move an inch from that place event though it’s raining very hard. I’m soaking wet right now. But I immediately went here to call you.” Maki stressed out the last part but her voice sounded rather sarcastic.

“YOU”RE A LIAR!!! I was almost sun burnt by the heat of the sun!! And you tell me its raining?”

“Our meeting place is here in Tokyo right? And the weather forecast today in Tokyo is that there will be some strong rain showers in the afternoon. I just forgot to bring my umbrella with me today.”


Uso… Miki even told me that my skin is already brown for waiting in the sun for too long.”

“Miki? Who the heck is Miki?”
“Hey, if you’re scared to meet me, just tell me so that you won’t lie.”


“I’m not lying! Maybe you’re the one who’s lying really bad!”

“You told me that you’re idol is Maki Goto, right? Maki doesn’t like liars so take this advice from me, stop lying right now!”

“How do you know how Maki will feel when she sees me? You don’t know anything about her or me!”

“Trust me; I know everything about her… I know her MUCH more than you could know… Because my real name is MAKI GOTO.”


“Ma…ki..?”

“You’re surprised right? It’s true. I’m Maki Goto... The third generation member of Morning Musume. I wanted to tell you right away but thank goodness I haven’t. Now I know your true color.”

“Uso… Maki… Maki’s my friend… No, she treats me more than a friend…”

“What are you saying? I didn’t even meet you.”

“I was soaking wet that afternoon because it was raining really hard. I called her again. She said she’s the one waiting for me…And she even told me that I was such a bad liar: that her skin almost turned brown because of the sun’s rays. I can’t believe that the person is really my fan. I guess she turned chicken when she saw that the one she’s supposed to meet is me and she just made that lie.”

“Ca… can.. you tell me… what’s the date today?” Reina asked. She must know the truth. Maki’s mail last night and what happened to her today seems to coincide with each other..

“Oh, so you now have amnesia… The date today is November 27, 1999 and its Saturday.”

That can't be! The date today is November 27, 2004…” Reina drop the receiver. When she’s going to pick it up, she noticed something she should have noticed a long time ago.

“Impossible! The transceiver’s not even connected to the line? How come it’s still working then?”


She then heard the familiar sound coming from the elevator. She ran as fast as she could to it without even saying any words to the person on the other line. She was shaking as the elevator descended to the ground floor. As the door opened she saw the person she’s been dying to see right now. She needs to patch up things with her… Things that supposed to be patched up before if she didn’t ran away. She now understood that she was the one responsible why that person has sad eyes and a far away look whenever she’s alone.

“Reina? What happened? I thought you’re going to meet someone in the Puchinka Tower?”

Reina broke down into tears. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry…. I’m really sorry!”

“Why are you telling me that?... That person didn’t show up? It’s ok. I’m here. Don’t cry.” Maki hugged Reina. She was feeling sorry for the girl.
“So, it did happen to you too. It’s painful isn’t it?”

“I’m sorry… I made you like that… I was to blame… If I didn’t ran away during our conversation… You wouldn’t be like that: sad but pretending that it doesn’t matter. Pretending to be strong even though it hurts.”

“Ehh? What conversation? What the heck are you saying?”

Reina looked straight into Maki’s eyes. “The person I was supposed to meet today is a girl nicknamed Toma… I knew her from the transceiver on the 13th floor.”

“Uso…. That means... You're Reika?”

The End

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Link: Final Chapter

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki