I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 51  

4/16/2008

Chapter 51



“What are you doing with my sister last Friday?” Miki questioned the newly arrived girl. Rika sat down, her eyes filled with excitement contrary to Miki’s glaring eyes.

“Do you like your shoes? How did she surprise you? You’re very lucky to have a caring sister. I’m an only child so I kinda envy you. Oh yeah, I liked your shoes’ design so I guess we three have the same kind of sneakers on Intrams.” Miki blinked many times. Rika didn’t answer her question directly but the information she gave was enough. Her glare disappeared and immediately replacing her frown with a half smile.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, Hitomi bought blue for you, red for her… and pink for me. I’ve told her that I’m the one who would pay for my shoes but she said that it’s her treat for me.”

“You like pink? You’re like Michishige. If you can see her on our practice, she has a pink towel, pink water jug, pink…” Miki thought for a moment. “pink everything. Well, if it’s her treat, it’s her treat then. Our father gave us some money and he said we can use it on what we like. And since my sister treated you last night, I guess you wouldn’t turn down my invitation for us to have fun later, right?”

“I… I guess so, after practice? I knew it! You would like to treat Hitomi also, deshou?” Rika could see the glint it Miki’s eyes. She had a feeling that she’s planning something.

“Hmmm, how should I say this one…” Miki playfully said. “Hitomi will not come to school today because she’s sick. I guess I’ll treat you first and then I’ll buy her some gifts.
If you want to come with me to our house to visit her, then I’ll ask Nakazawa sensei to excuse the two of us earlier… What do you think?”

“She’s sick?” Rika asked and Miki nodded in response.

“And I think that if you visit her, her sickness will disappear right away.”

“I guess I could come… but you think Nakazawa-sensei will allow us to leave earlier? After our skit practice, I still have basketball practice and you, your futsal practice. And I think that if she allowed me, she wouldn’t allow you, now that your sister’s absent.”

“Oh she will.” Miki confidently said. “After all, I’m her ‘princess’.”


…………..
“I can’t believe it!!! She actually allowed us to go early!” Rika excitedly said as she packed her belongings.

“I’ve told you… Have you seen the look on our classmates’ faces? They were so envious!” Miki laughed. “So, where do you want to go first?”

………
“Tadaima!!!”

“Did I just hear Rika’s voice or my mind’s playing tricks on me? It’s hard to be sick…”

“Hitomi! I have a surprise for you!” Miki opened the door wide enough for Hitomi to see the person behind her.

“… Ri…ka?”

“Konnichiwa! I hope you’re feeling well.”

“I’m fine… but you don’t look like one.” Hitomi eyed Rika’s dirty uniform and her left knee. A handkerchief was wrapped around it, trying to pacify the bleeding.

“Oh, this?” Rika pointed on her knees. “It’s due to my clumsiness. I fell on the road while Miki and I were choosing what gift to give you.”

“It’s not due to your clumsiness. Someone purposely tried to make you fall.” Miki explained. She placed her gift on Hitomi’s table and sat beside her sister. Her gift was a cute Ryuuk stuffed toy. “But don’t worry, I’ve already took care of it.”

“If you did that again next time when you’re with me, I’ll not talk to you ever again. He’s just a child and he already told us that he didn’t do it.”

“He might be lying on us. Look….” Miki paused. “You’re a varsity player… and players don’t become clumsy when they’re walking down the street.”

Rika tried to answer this when Hitomi suddenly butt in.

“Ok, stop! You’ll worsen my sickness…. Alright, onee-san, what did you do to that poor kid?”

“Just the usual stuff she did in school…” Rika replied. Hitomi looked at her sister and then laughed out loud.

“I feel sorry for that boy… Well, I guess it can’t be helped. That’s Miki Yoshizawa we’re talking about.”

“Yeah, that’s me… Oh yeah, what food do you want to eat now? I’ll be the one to prepare diner tonight.”

“You’re the chef, so I’ll leave it to you to decide and I would like to help out too. I can cook too.” Rika replied.

“Just make sure that I can eat it too.” Hitomi joked. She tried to put up a fake smile. Inside, she was jealous of her sister.

“Of course! But first, I’ll clean your knee.” Miki pulled Rika outside.

“We’ll come back later!” Rika closed the door. Hitomi sighed. She was alone again on her room.

…......
“My handkerchief was pink before..”

“And what do you expect? It’s blood. If I were an alien, your handkerchief will turn green.” Rika answered back. Miki pulled Rika towards her bathroom where her first aid kit could be found. Miki got the soap and started washing Rika’s knee.

“Hey! I’m not a kid anymore, I can do it. You can prepare the diner and I’ll just follow you later.” Miki didn’t stop and her hands even traveled upwards. Rika was still wearing her uniform and their short skirt was making it easy for Miki to touch Rika’s thigh.

“Miki stop that! I’m not joking!” Miki stopped and stood up. She put her hands on the wall, trapping Rika inside.

“Did I scare you?” Miki said in a playful voice. “Gomen, I just miss you so bad. Nakazawa’s play was taking me away from you. This is the only time that I can spend some time with you again.”

“Mi… Miki…”

“Do you like me? Or do you prefer my sister better?”

“I… what are you talking about? You’re both my classmates!”

“Is that all? You know what I mean” Miki asked. Her lips forming a half grin.

“I don’t get you… Would you get off of me?” Rika tried to push Miki away but Miki hold her hands and kissed her on her lips. Miki broke their kiss after just a few seconds.

“Haven’t I told you before that I liked you?” Rika was shocked that she didn’t know what to answer. “Saa, I’ll be preparing diner now, you can finish dressing up your wound. I’ll let you borrow my clothes; I’ll put it on my bed. You’re uniform’s somewhat dirty.” Miki patted Rika’s shoulder and walked towards the door.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 51

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki