I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 46  

4/16/2008

Chapter 46




“Ok class, our story for the upcoming Cultural festival will be… a modified version of Sleeping Beauty!” Nakazawa happily informed her class. The students were having a problem whether to be happy or sad. They were all practicing for the sports festival and this news means that they will have to practice for this play also. Nakazawa didn’t mind the whining of some of the students and proceeded in putting up something on the board.

“I want you all to write your names on one of the lines here. If you follow the end of each line, they will show what your role will be on the play. All of you will have roles to play. Some of you will be the actors and actresses and the rest will be the assigned in the production staff. Good luck!” The students lined up and went to the board to write their names. After the last person has finished writing his name, Nakazawa removed the cover and revealed the list. Many were shocked at the outcome specially the persons who will play the lead roles. Nakazawa followed each line and put a number to the names of the person who will play each role.

“Saa, for our prince, Ishikawa Rika. Hime-sama will be played by…. Yoshizawa Miki…” Nakazawa looked at them with an evil grin before proceeding to read the next characters. The evil witch will be played by Kamei Eri, The evil step sisters will be played by Matsuura Aya and Akihiko Yuuichi.

“Matte!!!! I will play a girl?! That’s not good for my manly image!” The guy sitting next to Eri objected. He‘s known as the number one playboy in their school. He tried to court Hitomi but he ended up with a black eye when Miki punched him when they were in their 2nd year of junior high. That was the first time that those two went to the guidance office.

“You’re objecting? Ishikawa-san didn’t object when I announced that she will play the PRINCE which is one of the lead roles of this play.” Nakazawa gave him a cold stare which was enough to shut up his mouth though he badly wanted to oppose.

“Matte!” Aya raised her hand. Nakazawa gave her a cold stare too but she just ignored it and stood up. “I thought that we are playing Sleeping Beauty? Sleeping Beauty doesn’t have evil sisters…. That’s Cinderella.”

“As I’ve told you earlier… this play is a MODIFIED version of Sleeping Beauty. Got that? Now, you may sit down again so I can continue this.” The whole class was starting to get nervous about this play. They were sure that their ever competitive teacher was plotting something that will surely go down in the school’s cultural festival history.

“Now, where was I… Oh yes, the fairy godmother will be played by Yoshizawa Hitomi. The queen and king will be played by Nagase Ryuutaro and Yamagata Maaya respectively. The rest of the production stuffs are listed here… I will be the director and the script writer for this play… I’ll give the script to you tomorrow so be prepared… Goodbye!”


……………

“Kikuna-yo…” Hitomi trailed off. She was really jealous when she heard that Miki and Rika will play the main roles. She’s also playing the main role but, if Nakazawa wouldn’t change that part, she wouldn’t want to see Rika kissing Miki.

“Eh… you’re really mean to me ever since this morning…” Miki went to where Hitomi was sitting. Hitomi was sitting on the edge of their veranda and was facing their house when she noticed that Miki came up to her and hugged her. She couldn’t resist and hugged back her sister. She couldn’t be angry at her. It’s just that Miki wrote her name on that spot that’s why she’s playing the princess.

“a mab mu meme meme mas”

“What?!? Would you remove your face from my stomach so that I can understand what you are trying to say?” Miki followed and looked up at Hitomi. She smiled and moved her face closer to her sister.

“I said, I love you very very much…” Miki moved closer and touched her sister’s cheek with her hands. Hitomi was somewhat surprised at what her sister’s acting right now. Miki put her nose on Hitomi’s nose and started wiggling it.

“You’re so distant to me this morning. I don’t know whether I’ve done something bad to you or what. You know my character… If I’ve hurt you unknowingly, you can tell me to stop and surely I would stop because you’re my sister and not just anybody else. You’re important. Though kassan’s strict, I still really love her. Though otousan’s not always here, my love for him never subsides. I hope that though I always make fun of you and sometimes I’m hurting your feelings…” Miki moved back and looked at her sister’s eyes. “I hope that you still love me… just like before.”

Hitomi blinked for a few seconds. Has her sister noticed that she was also trying to get Rika’s attention? Miki stood there as if analyzing her every move. Was she supposed to answer her sister? She couldn’t think of the right answer for now. She knew that her sister wouldn’t leave her alone if she didn’t get an answer so she thought of another way to lighten up the mood. Hitomi sighed. Miki straightened up and Hitomi knew that she was expecting an answer coming from her.

“Sis, that was gross…”

Miki curled up her eyebrows. A puzzled look can be clearly seen on her face. “What do you mean by that?”

“I can smell the gyoza sauce while you were talking to me at such a close range.” Hitomi smiled crazily at her blushing sister.

“USOOOOOO!!! I already brushed my teeth!!!” Miki ran inside their house to their bathroom. Hitomi laughed hard that she almost fell of from their veranda. She quickly went inside and locked her room. She’s expecting what will happen when Miki would find out that she lied about the smell of her breath.

“HITOMI!!!! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!”

Hitomi pushed her dresser against the door of her room just to make sure that Miki wouldn’t get in even though she had a key. She will just deal with her tomorrow morning.
A few seconds later she heard her mom’s angry voice. Hitomi laughed again.

“And onee-san said that she really loves me very much…”

………
“Goodmorning class! Have you all slept well? Hitomi what happened to your nose? Do you have a runny nose? It’s really red.” Nakazawa sounded sincere in there but her class knew that she was just afraid that one of her main characters wouldn’t have enough practice for the play if she absents herself because of a cold.

“No mam, I’m really fine. Someone fell in love with my cute nose that’s why she pinched it.” Hitomi grinned. Miki looked back and gave her a glare.

“What are you talking about?! You’re not cute!!!”

“Someone’s guilty…” Hitomi laughed at her fuming sister. As expected, Miki took her revenge for last night while they were walking towards their school. Miki pinched Hitomi’s nose really hard. Hitomi had a hard time to take a breath while she was laughing.

“Now, now… Will the two of you stop right now or I’ll send you off to the guidance office again. I have here the summary of the script. I hope you all enjoy our play!” Nakazawa passed to them their scripts. She smiled inwardly as if expecting some comments from her actors. After 5 minutes…

“Uso!!!!! What kind of story is this?!?” Aya looked up at Nakazawa and to Hitomi. Miki gave her a glare while Rika and Eri were just massaging their heads.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 46

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki