I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 52  

4/16/2008

Chapter 52




“Here’s our diner!!!” Miki gladly announced. They decided to eat in Hitomi’s room since the latter still couldn’t get up on her bed.

“Woah! Thanks! That looks delicious. Itadakimasu!” Hitomi grabbed a fork and started eating the Carbonara that Miki cooked. Rika and Miki started eating too but Hitomi noticed something strange about Rika. She put down her fork and asked her.

“Hey Rika, are you alright? Does your knee still hurts?”

“Uhmm, yeah… It still hurts but I’m ok.”

“You look rather disturbed or something.”

“No I’m fine. I’m just troubled at what your sister did earlier.” Miki gave Rika a glare.

“Why? What did my sister do?” Hitomi’s voice became serious.

“Nothing… It’s just that…. I was so amazed at her when she was cooking this pasta. She put Sake on it and set it on fire.”

“Deshou? If you like, I would gladly teach you how to do it.”

“Ehh? Don’t tell me she copied my ‘toasting technique’?” Hitomi said. Miki looked at her and answered back.

“At least I’ve used Sake and I did it on a real dish. Not just some fried pork that used some butter to set it on fire.”

“But still, I’m the original one who did it first!” Hitomi protested. Rika sighed and tried to stop the two.

“I guess your mom was the first one who did it. It’s a basic know-how for being a chef right?” The two were stunned and looked at each other. Rika continued eating her food.

“I guess she’s right.” Hitomi finally said. The two went back to eat their diner. Rika stayed for another hour before deciding to go home. Miki walked her home.

“Hey, what’s your answer to my question before?” Miki asked the silent Rika.

“I think that you’re sick. We’re both girls. Hitomi is also a girl. I like you both if it’s about being classmates and friends but more than that… I don’t think so.”

“I think actions speak louder than words. You didn’t feel grossed out when I kissed you earlier. And there’s something in your eyes that tells me that this kind of relationship isn’t new to you.”

Rika remained quiet. Miki’s correct. A girl to girl relationship isn’t new to her. She can’t believe that Miki is quite an observer. She was thinking these thoughts when Miki said something that made her nervous inside.

“You know what; I think you had a relationship with a girl before. It’s so obvious in your actions. It’s either the two of you are still together up till now or… you didn’t want to engage in another relationship because of the pain that your previous relationship caused you.” Miki smirked. Rika’s bewildered eyes gave everything away.

“You… you just assumed it. It’s just your presumption on my behavior. But I tell you…”

“What? Go on…”

“Nothing! go back to your house now. Hitomi needs you more than I.” Rika walked faster.

“You’re evading the subject! Alright, I’ll go home now, but this I’ll tell you… My hunch was never wrong before.”


………………
The time has arrived already. It’s their annual celebration of Intramurals. All the faculty members and the students were wearing their assigned colored T-shirts and their P.E jogging pants. The students were in high spirits, every one wanted to win the gold medal. Nakazawa was fiery that day. She wanted to be present in all the games that her section will compete that time. Her students were somewhat scared by her presence that they focused their minds on the game. They didn’t want to lose and make their teacher angry at them.

Nakazawa was happy at the current results of the competition. They didn’t lose a single game in the athletics and table tennis. She’s currently watching the basketball game against section B. Rika was leading her team quite well. Rika made another lay-up making their lead up to seven points. Section B called for a time-out.

“Great! Keep this up and surely we can win against this section!”

“Yeah!” The girls followed when their classmate approached them and told good news.

“Mam, we’ve won the boys basketball division! We’ve finished section B and then on the championship, we’ve won against section D!”

“Yatta!!! That was fast, they were playing with section B before when I’ve watched them… Ok girls, don’t let me down today! Do your best!”

“HAI!!!”

After finishing section B, they were up against section C, who won against section D. Nakazawa removed Rika on the first five line up so she could rest for a while. The game started normally until they lost three chances to score. Nakazawa immediately returned Rika on the game.

“Sensei, our girls’ futsal game will start in the next 10 minutes.” Aya reported. Nakazawa left some instructions on one of their classmates before leaving. Aya watched how great Rika is on basketball.

“She’s really talented. Rika’s applying her leadership skills unknowingly. But still, she’s much better when she’s playing futsal than basketball."


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 52

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki