I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 74  

2/18/2008

AT LAST!!!! MY DREAM'S FINISHED!!! Hehehe.. This chaprter's the end of my dream-fic. Hope you enjoyed it... Thanks for reading this long (and..crazy)fic till the end...:)



“At least dad wouldn’t have to fix her face again.” Miki replied half jokingly. Mrs. Yoshizawa looked at her wrist watch and sighed. Miki understood it.

“Meeting? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her, just like before.”

“I’m really proud of you. You’re such an understanding child.” Miki’s mom stood up and kissed Miki and Hitomi’s forehead before going out of the room. The two of them were left inside the room. Miki sat near Hitomi’s right ear and whispered something.

“Hey! You need to wake up now or you’ll be sorry… I’ll take this opportunity to grope your butt as long as I like. Hurry! Wake up now!” Miki looked at her sister’s non-responsive body. “I’ll mess up your room and play with all your anime stuffs and DVD’s.” Still no response. Miki sighed and turned serious. “You need to give your gift to Rika. I know that both of you were suffering right now, especially her. Please wake up for the sake of those who really love you very...”

“We’re back!” Eri announced as soon as they opened the door. Miki wanted to launch a Zeiken Zuki attack on her for disturbing her monologue. Miki gave Eri a cold glare. Eri froze on her feet.

“Hey, what happened?” Reina asked as she saw the pale face of Eri. She looked at Miki and saw her ‘I’m-going-to-eat-you’ kind of face. Aya immediately came forward and hit Miki softly on her head.

“She’s just annoyed when we barged in suddenly. We disturbed her private time with her sister.”

“Shut up! You told you that? I’m just annoyed because you didn’t even bring some food for me!” Miki tried to cover the embarrassing truth by making up an excuse. She was really surprised that Aya still knew her well, even though they’re not that close for many years now.

“Who said that we didn’t bring anything?” Sayu removed from her bag a cup of pudding and a slice of chocolate cake. Sayu handed it o Miki. “Aya said that chocolate is your favourite flavour.” Miki blushed a little and immediately went to the table with out saying thank you.

“Oh, she’s too embarrassed to say anything.” Aya joked.

“SHUT UP!!!”

“Stop yelling. We’re in a hospital.” Rika reminded them. She went to sit beside the bed of Hitomi and caressed her face. “This is my entire fault.”

“Huh? What made you say that? It’s clearly an accident. And it’s Hitomi who invited you to go out so if there’s a person to blame, it’s herself.” Miki stopped eating the cake for a while to answer Rika.

“Reina, remember what I told you before about my dream before Maki died? It’s a premonition of what was going to happen. “

“Yeah I remember that one; your dream that always continue its story every time that you dream about it.”

“Hai, that’s it…” Rika looked worriedly at her friends. “I dreamt about it again yesterday. And this time, Hitomi was involved.” The others were shocked to hear the news. It seems impossible but Reina and Rika knew it better.

“What happened to Hitomi in there?” Reina asked worriedly.

“The last scene was Miki arrived and tried to pull me away from Maki right? You do remember it?” Rika asked Reina. She nodded in agreement. Miki was the only one who didn’t have an idea what they were talking about. Eri and Sayu heard the story when they were hiding behind the bushes the night Reina and Rika went to the park. Aya on the other hand, knew the story because Reina told it to her. Miki desperately wanted to know what was happening but decided to stay quiet first. She will only ask Aya as soon as the others go away.

“In the continuation, Miki was pulling me away from Maki and then I fell on top of her. When I looked at the bleeding person beneath me, it’s not Maki anymore but Hitomi.” The others became silent, this time Miki spoke up.

“What the heck is that dream? Are you a visionary or something? I don’t understand it at all!”

“Before our friend died of an accident, she dreamt about it. And then she dreamt about it again last night but this time, Hitomi’s involved. Can’t you get such a simple explanation?” Miki glared at her original little sister. Aya purposely ignored her.

“Sorry! I didn’t know that story.” Miki answered back sarcastically. It seemed like they were fighting but the two were actually having fun. “But did my sister die in your dream?” Miki asked Rika. Rika shook her head.

“I don’t know. I woke up. She was bleeding hard from the impact of the approaching car. At first it was my ‘friend’ Maki and then she suddenly changed into Hitomi. I didn’t know we managed to get her to a hospital.” Miki thought hard after hearing Rika’s story.

“Is that Maki… really close to you?” The others looked at Rika worriedly. Rika smiled and nodded. “I see…” Miki trailed of before looking at Hitomi. “Do the two of you have any romantic relationship or just… being really really REALLY close with each other?”
“Hai, were close… because she became my first girlfriend. And I wanted of congratulate you before, the time when you walked me home when I visited your sick sister in your house. Because of your hunch that this kind of relationship isn’t new to me… and you’re right.”

“Told yah. My hunch was never wrong before… Actually, it’s not a hunch. I saw evidence before.” Miki said seriously. Rika and the others were bewildered by her sudden statement. “Let’s just wait for Hitomi to wake up.” Miki finalized before continuing to eat her food.

“What evidence? I’ll just let her finish her snacks before I’ll question her again.”
Rika sighed and went to sit in the chair near Hitomi’s bed. She caressed her head when suddenly, Hitomi stirred from her sleep.

“Guys! Look!” Rika said softly. The others went immediately beside the bed. Hitomi opened her eyes slowly, blinking many times to adjust her eyes from the bright light of the room.

“Sis! Daijoubu? Do you remember me?” Miki immediately asked. Hitomi looked at her with puzzled eyes. “I’m your sister Miki… Please, answer me!”

Hitomi looked at them one by one without saying anything. The doctor entered the room. Sayumi immediately called the doctor when she noticed that Hitomi’s waking up.

“Follow my finger if you can see it.” The doctor moved his index finger from left to right to check whether the impact damaged her optical nerves or iris. Hitomi followed it easily.

“What’s your name?” The doctor asked. Hitomi just stared at him blankly. “Can you speak?” Hitomi blinked several times before closing her eyes again and sighed.

“I guess, she still needs some rest. I’ll just check on her in the afternoon.” The doctor took a last glimpse on Hitomi and then went out of the room.

“Hey, are you alright? Did the impact make you loose your memory? Just tell us.” Eri asked. Hitomi opened her eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.

“No, can you give me some private time with Miki?” They looked at each other weirdly. It was Sayumi who took the initiative to go out of the room; the others followed her. It was Rika left the room, last. She took a good look at Hitomi one lat time before closing the door.

“Is there something troubling you?” Miki asked. Hitomi looked at her; tears were forming in her eyes.

“Who am I?” Miki was taken aback by what Hitomi said. It’s not impossible that she lost her memory again but, Hitomi remembered her and asked the others to leave and give the two of them some private time. There must be something bugging her sister’s mind right now; and it must be related to what she gave back to her last night.

“You’re Yoshizawa Hitomi, my little sister, captain of Tokyo High’s Futsal Team, now what else…”

“What I mean is… who am I before?” Miki looked at Hitomi gloomily before shaking her head.

“I don’t know… I have no idea…but I think Rika can help you remember.”

“Does she know who I am?”

“No, I didn’t tell her yet. I want you to be the one explaining to her what happened to you. I’m sure she’ll understand.”

“I guess, I now know the reason why you’re acting like that towards Rika.” Hitomi suddenly said. Miki grinned at her.

“Oh yeah? What’s the reason behind my attitude towards her?” Miki asked in a challenging tone.

“It’s because of my good looks that you fell in love with me… You might have seen our picture on my necklace when you got it and then when you saw Rika on our school, you immediately remembered her and you considered her as a rival.”

“hahaha.. You’re becoming conceited already! Where did you learn that?”

“From my sister of course.” Hitomi weakly smiled. Miki stopped laughing and her worried face can be clearly seen.

“So, are you going to tell her who you really are? You’re her girlfriend…. Maki, right?”

“Hai.”

…………….
“I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW!!!!” Eri immediately covered Sayumi’s mouth as the nurses glared at them. Reina and the other’s were busy bowing their heads as an apology to Sayumi’s actions. Sayumi later joined their bowing session and then, they went back to the hospital’s canteen.

‘What do you think you are doing? This is a no noise zone!” Aya said in a soft but irritated voice.

“Gomen, I’m just curious why they let us out of their talk.”

“It might be a family matter. Let’s just understand them.” Reina said coolly. She noticed someone at the end of the hallway. “Look, I see Miki walking towards our direction.”

“Who’s the one who screamed? This is a hospital. Don’t make any commotion.” Miki glared at Eri. Eri pointed at herself before looking at her friends.

“Why are you looking at me like that? It was Sayu who screamed, not me. She wanted to know what the two of you were talking about.”

“Sorry, but…” Miki gazed at Rika and smiled. “It’s Rika who will be the first one to know what we’ve talked about. Go to Hitomi’s room. She’s going to give you the gift that she’s supposed to give to you earlier.” Rika looked at Miki questioningly. Reina was the one who pushed Rika towards the direction of Hitomi’s room.

“Go! Enjoy!”

………….
“Hitomi?” Rika slowly entered Hitomi’s room. She saw Hitomi looking blankly at the ceiling above her. “Hey, are you alright?” Hitomi looked at her and sighed. Rika approached her and sat beside her bed.

“Your sister said that you’re going to give me something?” Hitomi sighed once more before pulling out a small teddy bear under her sheets and gave it to Rika. The bear has a red shirt with a white kanji symbol of “love”. It still has some traces of blood, which probably came from the wounds of Hitomi when she was hit.

“Arigatou…”

“Look inside its shirt. That’s were your real gift lies.” Rika put her hand inside the shirt and took out a small pendant. It looks familiar to her. Her heart started beating fast. She knew the owner of this pendant. The design is not something you will see in a shop because it’s custom made. There’s only one way to find out. She started moving the numbers to form the combination. If it doesn’t open, then what she’s thinking was really impossible.. but if it does…

Rika heard a clicking sound and the pendant opened revealing a picture of two happy girls. She looked at Hitomi, tears forming in her eyes.

“I guess, I survived right?”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 74

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki