I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 25  

4/09/2008

Xmas special!!!LOL..XD



“Ok… Listen carefully…” Maki breathe deeply and sighed before proceeding. She faced Rika and looked at her eyes. “First, I always run away every break because I’m helping Yasuda-sensei to check papers… I ask her not to say this to you. I was with Kusumi because I was tutoring her… My mom and her mom were god friends and when Kusumi’s mom learned that we were from the same school… she asked me to guide Kusumi on her studies… And then when you went to that amusement park with Reina, I saw you there… because it was my first day of work there … I already told the truth to Reina when she saw me there but I made her promise me not to tell it to you… and earlier when we were talking in the party, I’ve asked her to bring you here because…” Maki took something out from her pocket and gave it to Rika.

“I’ll give this to you… Now, open it.”

Rika’s hand was shaking when she was opening the small box which Maki gave her. It revealed a silver necklace with a pendant which looked like an eye at first glance. But actually, it is made up of two intertwining dolphins, with a small, diamond heart on the center.

“It’s really beautiful!!!.... Thank you!” Rika’s tear fell from the joy she felt and hugged Maki. Maki hugged her back and got the necklace from Rika’s hand and placed it on Rika’s neck.

“I love you…” Maki said and then kissed Rika’s lips. It lasted for just a few seconds. Maki didn’t want to get the attention of many passersby. Rika hugged her and whispered something on her ears.

“You’ll get your gift tomorrow…”

…….
“Awww… they’re SO sweet!!!” Sayu was watching the scene at the fountain with her two best friends.

“I didn’t know that Maki’s the romantic type… She’s so quiet before… I’m glad that she changed for the better.” Eri commented.

“Yah, thanks for Rika…”

“You sure you’re okay with that? No hard feelings for Rika?” Sayu eyed Reina.

“Yup… No hard feelings…”

………..

There were many people in the Shrine that morning. The parents were holding their little children tightly so as not to lost them in this crowd. Rika was with her parents that day. They just went in there for a few minutes then proceeded to go home.

“Are your luggage ready now?”

“Otousan, I’ll just be gone for a day… And besides, I can go home if I needed some extra clothing right?” Rika and her mother laughed.

“Hahaha… You’re father’s somewhat paranoid about nothing in particular..”

“I’m worried whether she will kick Maki out of her OWN bed….” Rika’s father laughed at his own comment.

“Mou…. You’re rally mean to me…”

………..
Rika went to Maki’s house at around noon. She was welcomed by Mrs. Goto.

“Merry Christmas! I hope you’ll have a great time while staying here.”

“I’ll sure do…Merry Christmas!” Rika happily said and gave her gift to Mrs. Goto.

“Thank you! Before you go home tomorrow, get you parent’s present on the Christmas tree… Maki’s on her room now. Place your bag there and go down immediately to eat lunch.”

“Hai..” Rika immediately run upstairs and peek first into Maki’s room. She saw that Maki was reading something on her desk. She tiptoed lightly and entered Maki’s room. When she was near her… she pounced on her.

“Merry Christmas!” Rika kissed Maki’s cheek.

“Merry Christmas too… Put you things inside the cabinet.”

“I’ll do it later… Your mom asked me to call you for lunch.”

Rika and Maki went to the dining area. Mrs. Goto was over the phone talking to someone. They sat and listened carefully. They were talking about the move to Tokyo. Rika and Maki looked at each other sadly. After a couple of minutes, Mrs. Goto went to the dining area. Makii helped her mother prepare food last night. There were foreign and local cuisines. Rika can’t decide what to eat first.

“Don’t worry about fat… I’ve minimized the fat content of each dish… So just eat what you want to eat… Don’t be shy.” Mrs. Goto.

“Just be aware of stomach ache later if you eat too much…” Maki smiled when she saw that Rika was getting a sample of EACH dish…

“Hahaha… Funny…” Rika said before she put the first cuisine into her mouth. Mrs. Goto and Maki were really good cooks… As what Maki said earlier, her tummy ached a little. Maki gave her some laxative.

“I’ve told you to take it easy. You ate like there’s no tomorrow.” Maki was sitting in the floor; her back was against the door of the bathroom.

“Well, don’t blame me… Blame yourself… You’re such a good cook that I can’t stop till I had tasted each one of them...” Rika muffled inside. Her tummy ache disappeared as the lump of formerly called food slide down on the toilet. She finished her thing and took a bath also. Maki and Rika were going to the mall. She dried herself and wrapped her towel against her body.

She opened the door swiftly not knowing that Maki was there. As a result, Maki fell on her back; her head right in between Rika’s legs. Maki’s face turned tomato red from blushing. She immediately tried to stand up but instead, did more damage than she already had. She bumped her head into Rika’s bottom and caught the towel which made the other, stumble also.

“Hey, are you alrigth? I’m really sorry.” Maki stood up to help the other but the floor was somewhat slippery that she fell right onto Rika. They looked at each other for a second. Rika caressed Maki’s cheek before proceeding to kiss her in the lips. Their kisses become heated and their tongues joined after a while. Maki’s hand traveled around Rika’s body. Rika let out a soft moan when Maki’s hand touched her right breast and massaged it a little. Maki’s mouth left Rika’s lips and traveled down on her chest. They forgot all their inhibitions and were making out in the bathroom when…

“Maki… What time are going to the mall?” Mrs. Goto yelled downstairs.

Maki stopped on her tracks and yelled back, “Ano… Rika’s just dressing up…”

“It’s already 2 o’clock… The two of you must hurry if you want to see many things…”

“Hai! I’ll go down now.” Maki stood up and got Rika’s towel. “You need to get dressed now.” Maki said, her face was still red.

“Hai…”

They walked around the mall like nothing happened between them in the bathroom earlier. There were many new things displayed that day. Each shop had their own discount to give to the customers. Maki and Rika went inside every shop: checking clothes, accessories, toys, etc. In the end… they bought nothing. They saw their classmates in the mall. Aibon and Nono were eating at a restaurant. Reina, Eri and Sayu were watching an attraction with their families nearby. Rika caught a glimpse of their teacher Yasuda with coach Abe, holding lots of grocery bags. At the same time, Maki caught sight of Ayumi with two little boys. Rika saw her best friend and explained to Maki that the two boys were Ayumi’s brothers. They also saw Ai Takahashi and Risa Niigaki near the fitting room of a dress shop.

It was almost 7 pm when they decided to go home. They strolled in the park first.

“I’ll give you your gift now…” Rika declared.

“… I don’t expect you to give me anything… It’s enough that you loved me.”

“But I want to give this to you, so you wont forget me even though were far from each other… Close your eyes.” Maki followed. She felt something cold stroke her neck. Rika had given her a necklace. It has a simple locket but with an intricate design. The locket was about 1” in diameter.

“It’s really beautiful, thanks!”

“My father gave this to me when I was little. He told me that I can give it to a person whom I really like. He said that it has a magical power that will make the wearer not to forget the person who gave it even though many years have passed.” Rika’s tears were falling down her cheeks now. She hugged Maki tightly, “Please don’t forget me when you get to Tokyo…”

“Of course I wouldn’t. I’ll make sure that I can visit you as often as I could. And I promise that I’ll call you every day right after our phone has already been installed.” They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes; savoring each moment they held each other.

“Oh yeah by the way… Look at your pendant…” Rika moved back a little. Maki examined the pendant and notice a small knob with numbers on the side.

“What’s this?”

“It’s a lock, dummy…” Rika laughed a little. “It will open when you set the right combination of numbers. Just turn the knob clockwise, counterclockwise and clockwise successively.”

“What’s the combination then?”

“Try to guess it…” Maki tried to guess the combination a couple of times but she couldn’t open it. She grew somewhat tired and pleaded to Rika to give her the combination number. Rika got the pendant and showed her the number. She turned the knob clockwise until it stopped on number “9”. She then moved the knob, counter clockwise and stopped at number “1”. And the last number, she turned the knob clockwise again and stopped at “4”. They both heard a clicking sound. Rika gave it back to Maki and opened the pendant. Maki saw their picture inside. She remembered they took this picture at a purikura machine in one of the bazaar during their Sports Festival. Maki was smiling directly at the camera while Rika kissed Maki’s cheek. They wrote 9/14 and chose a heart shaped background before the machine printed it.

“Now I get it… You chose the day when we got together right?” Maki chuckled. She closed the locket and put it on her neck.

“When we took that picture, we hadn’t had the idea that we will be together that night.” Rika remembered how she felt when she talked about her “crush” to Maki on their way home that night. And she was really happy that they were together now.

“Well, let’s hurry now. My mom prepared Paella and Chili con Carne. It’s a Spanish cuisine.”

“Wow! I’ve never tasted that before… I’m sure it’ll taste good.”

“Yeah… and I’ll prepare the laxative again for you…” Maki and Rika laughed together while they run towards Maki’s house.

Rika had a great time during dinner. She didn’t need to use the laxative again because she tried her best to control her eating. Rika washed herself and changed her clothes to her pajama as Maki was helping her mother downstairs.

She was drying her hair when Maki went inside her room. She got her sleeping clothes and went directly towards the bathroom. Dirty thoughts were running through Rika’s mind right now. She wondered whether they will continue what they had done earlier in the bathroom. Her face immediately turned red as she recalled the scene. She shook her head and looked at her pendant instead.

It really looked like an eye at first glance. She played with it a little. She curved her index finger and put it underneath the pendant. It looked like a “cyclopes” that was sad. She turned her finger upwards and now the “cyclopes” looked like it was happy. It reminded her of Maki before. She was alone, always looked at the trees outside and nobody dared to befriend her. She was like the sad “cyclopes” having her own little world. But Rika tried her best to see how the “cyclopes” would look like if it smiled. She succeeded and its smile is really heartwarming.

“You really liked it, don’t you?” The “cyclopes” interrupted Rika’s thoughts. She nodded and Maki made her way towards the bed. Rika lay back while Maki turned off the lamp beside her.

“Oyasumi!” Maki kissed Rika’s forehead and laid back to sleep.

The silence was driving Rika mad. She could feel the heat that’s coming from Maki. She tried her best to sleep but she couldn’t. Again, the scene from the bathroom earlier came back to her thoughts. She was somewhat happy when Maki hugged her from behind. Rika faced her to kiss her on the lips but she was surprised to see that Maki was still asleep. She tried to suppress her laugh for thinking of these dirty thoughts. They were still kids after all. She just caressed Maki’s cheek and hugged her back.

“Oyasumi.”



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 25

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki