I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Love Struck Cupid 3  

5/03/2008

Finally!!! I've finished the last part!!!! Nyahahaha... I have no idea whether this is a good ending or not...XD



A cupid’s job is continuous; it doesn’t end after Valentine’s Day. There are many people whom they target everyday around the world. But after Valentine’s Day, there’s a cupid who lost her enthusiasm in making people fall in love with each other.

“Why it’s forbidden for us to love someone?”

“What’s happening with the world today? Is there a virus where it makes cupids act strange?” Hitomi opened her eyes and sat up on the cirrus cloud that she’s lying on.

“Asami-chan? What are you doing here?”

“Finding potential couples of course. Even though Valentine’s Day passed, we still need to do our job. As they always say, ‘a world with out love is a cruel place’… or something like that.”

“Where did you hear that saying?”

“I forgot… Anyways… what’s wrong with the two of you? You both seemed preoccupied with something… Did something happen?” Asami flew closer to Hitomi to see her reaction clearly.

“Who’s the other one?”

“Makoto.”

“I don’t know about her… where as for me… I just don’t feel well today.”

“Cupids don’t get sick… Now tell me what’s your REAL problem.”

“Nothing. I’m just feeling a bit lazy today. I will just go to other place today and enjoy myself… I promise I’ll work tomorrow. Have a good day to you!” Hitomi flew away very fast and left Asami deep in her thoughts. She didn’t want to let others know about what she’s thinking or she may end up being a mortal like ‘her’.

Hitomi flew close to the ground. She saw the couple she just shot yesterday sleeping together in bed. She flew right to their window and went beside their bed. She sighed.

“How come they still did it even though this kind of relationship is forbidden in their world? I heard that they are best friends but, best friends don’t do this kind of thing with each other…Because of my arrow? But I just shot them with a temporary love which expires after an hour?” Hitomi was curious how these two girls managed to stay in love even after her arrow expired. She put her hands on their heads and closed her eyes. She used her power to scan their memories.

……………
Hitomi saw how the two became friends when they were young.
“A bunny! I want to buy this one.” The little girl went to the rack and got the toy. A girl approached her afterwards.

“Hey, that’s mine. I saw that first!”

“But I’m the first one to get it. Find another toy!” The girl run away from the other girl and went to her mother to buy the toy. After that incident, the girl saw the girl with the bunny in the park. It seemed that they were neighbours. Eventually they became best friends in the end.

“The way they met… it’s similar to what happened between me and Makoto.

“Are you sure you’re my best friend? Because best friends don’t betray each other!”

“Oh yeah?! It was you who betrayed me first!”

“Get a life Miki! I HATE YOU! I don’t want to see you ever again!!!”

“I’m sorry Aya, I was really stupid. Forgive me.”

“No, it was me who’s supposed to say sorry to you.”

“This happened yesterday… I’m getting close.”

Hitomi saw how the two took the advantage of the temporary love that she gave them. She saw how even though it has expired, they still continued their movie marathon, karaoke singing and eventually, they ended up in bed.

“You know… I’ve been keeping this from you for too long… I’ve fallen in love with you as the years passed by. I don’t look at you like a best friend. That fight earlier was a wake up call to me… I don’t want to lose you to some other guy.”

“I’m glad you realized that. I was really hurt when I saw you with that Keita guy…”

“Yeah, I already dumped him for you.”

“So… they loved each other even though no cupid intervened. How’s that possible? I thought that we’re the ones bringing love to people? There’s no cupid who intervened in their life except me… How did that happen?”

Hitomi opened her eyes and left the two sleeping figures alone in their dreams. She flew up to the clouds to think again. She saw a thick nimbus cloud coming and the cupid mentioned by Asami earlier.

“Woah, you’re gloominess can even bring a storm! Is that your newly acquired power?”

“Baka! There’s really a storm!” Makoto smacked the head of the laughing cupid. “So, how have you been? Did you manage to beat your own record?” Hitomi’s smile faded as she mentioned about their job.

“NO.” Hitomi plainly answered.

“Ehh? How come? Is there something wrong with you today?”

“Nothing.” Hitomi replied. Makoto observed her friend. She has an idea why Hitomi was acting like that.

“You know, if you fall in love… to a mortal, you can do so as long as you’re ready to face the consequences.” Hitomi gazed at her friend, rather surprised at the accurate guess of Makoto.

“How did you kn…”

“We’ve been together for 2 centuries now. I knew that you’re strange behaviour today is related to what happened with you yesterday. You can’t forget her, can you?”

“I guess so… but I decided to forget her…so let’s have fun today!!” Hitomi faked her smile but Makoto quickly saw it.

“You’re faking it… I know deep in your heart, you still can’t forget her. Why won’t you fight for her?”

“That’s against the rules. You know I can’t do that.” Makoto smirked. She was angry at herself more than on Hitomi. She was angry at the way she pushes her friend to follow her heart though her own was breaking into small pieces every time she do that.

“Why is it that you can’t break a single rule about this matter when you almost broke all the rules when it comes to your stupid couple-targeting actions!?! Are you…. ” Makoto managed to stop herself. She sighed and put on a fake smile. “Gomen, I got carried away. Anyways, you’re right. We still need to do our job for today so… let’s have fun!” Makoto flew ahead, not waiting whether her friend will follow her or not. And she hoped that she won’t for tears were threatening to fall any minute now.

………….
Hitomi decided not to follow her friend. She knew its better that way. For many years, Hitomi learned how to ‘read’ Makoto’s actions. And base from her observations, her friend tried to evade her so following her might not be a good idea. Instead, she flew towards the opposite direction, towards their home. She approached the magnificent palace in the sky where love comes from.

“So ironic…” Hitomi flew towards the deepest chamber, where the ‘Queen of Love’ resides. Though the title seemed really nice, Hitomi was scared of her. There’s a really big difference from the ‘Aphrodite’ that those Greek writers wrote to the real leader of cupids, Yuuko.

“So, what brings you here?” Hitomi froze as she heard those cold, piercing voice. She summoned all of her courage and look at Yuuko’s stare.

“I… I just found out something…”

“And what is it?”

“Ano… there’s a couple… actually it’s a…”

“A girl and girl couple? You really are something.” Yuuko smirked as Hitomi nodded in response. “So, what have you discovered?”

“Th.. they were still in love with each other even though I only shot them with a temporary love arrow…” Hitomi was shocked to see their leader smiling for the first time. Yuuko answered her with her sweetest voice ever.

“That’s called free will. It’s a God-given gift to humans which even we can’t manipulate. Those two made their choice without our intervention. It means that they are in love from the bottom of their heart…That’s really rare these days.” Yuuko leaned back on her ‘cloud-sofa’. This is the first time that she saw confusion evident on the ‘cupid of mischief’.

“Do cupids… also have free will?” Hitomi asked hesitantly.

“What do you think?” Yuuko asked her back. “Why don’t you try to find the answer yourself since you’ve taken this day as your rest day?” Hitomi nodded and flew away from the chamber. Today is her lucky day for their leader seemed to be in the good mood. She needed to clear her head as soon as possible. She lay down on a cloud and tried to remember her past actions.

“Why? Why I became scared suddenly? I did shot her with my arrows… Is it because of the consequence? Am I afraid to face it?” Hitomi closed her eyes. Cupids don’t usually sleep; but she’s in a deep concentration that she seemed to have fallen asleep for four days. When she opened her eyes, she decided to visit the city below her. She was flying freely when someone caught her attention. She smiled but it immediately vanished as soon as she saw the person waiting for Rika.

“Makoto? It can’t be… It’s just a coincidence that they look the same” Hitomi flew besides them so she can hear what they were talking about.

“So, where do you plan to go shopping?”

“Roppongi Hills?”

“Well, then… Let’s go!” Hitomi followed them everywhere they went. She was getting bored watching the two go over piles of clothes and accessories in every shop until it was dark.

“Where do you want to eat dinner?” The girl asked her friend. Rika pointed towards the restaurant in front of them. They went inside, took their orders and ate. Hitomi decided to leave them alone but was immediately frozen on her tracks when she heard Rika mention the name of her friend.

“Nee, Makoto-chan… Can I ask you something?”
“Makoto? Too much coincidence.”

“Hai, what is it?” The girl replied as she was simultaneously chewing her steak.

“What made you do it?”

“What do you mean by ‘do it’?”

“I mean, what made you decide to become a mortal?” Makoto almost choked on her food.

“Ehh?!? What are you saying?! You’re my friend since I’m five right? Maybe you’re just tired already.”

“Hahaha, caught me on that one. Actually, I have this dream that you’re a cupid… we’re cupids but I was made a mortal when I disobeyed a rule in heaven.”

“Woah… Cool dream..”

“I thought so too…” Hitomi watched the two continued eating their food. She decided to follow the other girl to confirm her worst fear. As soon as Makoto fell asleep, Hitomi put her hand on Makoto’s forehead and tried to enter her memory.

“I can’t pass her memory… What’s happening?” Hitomi removed her hand and decided to talk to someone whom she thought that she can help her.

“What happened to her?”

“I should be the one asking you that. I was surprised to see her here two days ago. I thought she had done something bad in heaven.” Rika replied while looking intently on Hitomi. “Why don’t you ask your friends up there instead of me.” Hitomi nodded and disappeared.

“You know, if you fall in love… to a mortal, you can do so as long as you’re ready to face the consequences.”


“That’s called free will. It’s a God-given gift to humans which even we can’t manipulate. Those two made their choice without our intervention. It means that they are in love from the bottom of their heart…That’s really rare these days.”


“Why don’t you try to find the answer yourself since you’ve taken this day as your rest day?”


“Hitomi! Where have you been?!” Hitomi was stirred from her trance-like mode. She didn’t even notice that she’s already near their palace.

“I was just… ahh, wondering around. What happened? Why do have that worried look on your face?” Asami held Hitomi’s shoulder tightly.

“If you’ve been here…. You might have stopped her.”

“Who?”

“Makoto…”
“So it’s really Makoto then.”

“Why? What happened?”

“I don’t know. She just returned here and then she told our queen to make her mortal. I knew it… Ever since I’ve seen her like that.. I know there’s something troubling her… and now…” Hitomi flew rapidly towards the chamber where the queen of love resides.

“Ahh, Hitomi! Have you found the answer?”

“What happened with Makoto? What did you do to her?!” Hitomi replied angrily. She didn’t care whether she will be punished for her act; she has to know the truth.

“And, what will you do if I told you the answer?” Yuuko replied seriously. Hitomi looked straight into Yuuko’s piercing stare.

“My action will depend on your answer.”

“You’ve got guts ehh… Well then, what if I tell you that Makoto decided to become a mortal herself?”

“What’s her reason then? You won’t just turn cupids into mortals without a valid reason.”

“She misses her former-cupid-now-a-mortal friend. That’s all she said to me.”

“That’s it? It’s a lame reason and you immediately turn her into a human?!” Hitomi exclaimed, tears welled up her eyes. She can’t control her emotions anymore. She didn’t know why she felt this way. Why she suddenly felt like that for her friend.

“Because I know behind that lame reason of hers was a deeper motive. Don’t ask me what it is… I just felt her heart. Now, going back to you, have you found the answer to your question?”

……………….
“Rika! Where are you? I thought we’ll meet at 2?”

“Gomen! Something came up. I need to go to see my professor. I’ll just mail you whether I can finish it in time.”

“You should have called me earlier. Well, it can’t be helped. Let’s just reschedule our shopping fest.”

“Gomen.”

“It’s alright. I’ll just go into your house later, Ja!” Makoto clicked the end button. She gulped her milk tea and stood up to leave their meeting place when she bumped into someone. Her heart started beating faster as she saw the face of the boyish looking girl that she bumped into.

“Gomen, are you hurt?”

“No… uhh… I’m the one who should apologize. I was the one who bumped into you.”

“No, it’s alright. It’s my fault too. I’m looking inside my bag that’s why I didn’t see you… By the way, my name’s Hitomi. What’s yours?”

The End


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Love Struck Cupid 3

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki