I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 72  

2/11/2008

I've written this chapter in Hitomi's POV... Enjoy!XD




“Where am I?”

That’s the first question that came from my mind as soon as I opened my eyes. My vision’s somewhat blurry at first. I can somewhat perceive that I’m inside a white, and clean room. Why clean? I can smell the scent of an alcohol… and some drugs. And true enough when my vision cleared, I noticed that I’m inside a private hospital room. I tried to get up but my aching body didn’t cooperate with what I wanted to do.

I tried to look around to see if there’s other people present in this room. I squinted my eyes and saw Reina, Eri and Sayumi in the far end of the room, with their heads resting on the table. Onee-san was sleeping soundly on the sofa while…

“Rika?”

I saw her, beside my bed, sleeping peacefully. My heart skipped a beat; I knew that my face’ already turning red by the sudden change of atmosphere in the room. I was glad that they were all asleep or they will make fun of me. I grabbed that opportunity. I wanted to caress her face, to feel that soft skin with my bare hands. I gathered all my energy and tried to lift my left hand. I managed to do it but as soon as touched her face… my passed through her.

” Is this a dream? Why can’t I touch her? Am I a ghost?

I mustered all my energy and got up from the bed and my hunch became true. I saw my bruised body laying on the bed. I felt sorry for what happened with my body. I tried to remember what happened earlier.

…………….
“I hope Rika’s late. This is the first time that I’ll be late in an appointment that I made. If only that salesman arrived earlier, I could still make it in time.”

Hitomi looked around and saw her four friends and school mates walking towards the mall. Hitomi screamed and waved at them. Aya looked at her puzzled. She pointed at her watch as if sending her a message that she’s late.

“I guess Onee-san already told them that I had a date.”

Hitomi saw that the stop light turned red. She walked silently but quickly to reach the other side. She looked at her gift to Rika and smiled. Unknown to her, a red car which turned from the intersection, was driving fast towards her direction without noticing any of the traffic lights. The other people beside her ran and screamed. It was only the time that she saw the car coming and it was too late for her to react. The car hit her, head on with an immense force. The impact made her fly towards the other lane, hitting her head on the pavement. The driver of the red car tried to run away but a good samaritan blocked his way with his own car. Aya immediately called for an ambulance

……………
“I was hit by a car…. So, am I dead or what?”

I looked at myself and sighed. Dextrose was hanging above my right side; its tube’s puncturing my right hand specifically my vein. An oxygen mask was placed on my mouth for me to breath easier. There’s also many other cables and wires attached to different kinds of machine inside that room. I deduced that I’m not totally dead. It may just be a dream… or…

“You’re not dead. You’re just in a state of coma.”

I looked back and saw a girl. She has a matured physique but I know that she’s still younger than me. She has a long hair and a somewhat mysterious aura was surrounding her. I felt like I’ve seen her before but I can’t remember it. She was wearing the same hospital gown like me.

“Excuse me… I’m in a coma?” I knew what a coma is but I still can’t believe what this girl was saying to me. She nodded and walked towards my physical body.

“A person soul who’s in a deep state of comatose is wandering around the earth like a ghost. That person can go anywhere; even back to the past and see what ever he or she wanted to see. The only difficult thing is that when that person enjoys what he sees, he or she forgets to go back to his or her own body.”

“Are you in a state of coma too?” I can’t help not to ask this girl. She just looked in my eyes and smiled. That smile sent shivers down my spine but I didn’t know why until she told me her answer.

“I’m already dead. I died in this hospital almost four years ago.”

“Ohh… sorry about that…” I felt awkward after learning that. This young girl... She could have grown up to be a very beautiful and charming woman if she survived. I looked back at my limp body.

“Would I end up just like her?

“She’s really kind and beautiful right? The girl beside your body.” I looked up at her and saw her smiling face looking at Rika. I sighed and smiled.

“Yeah, very beautiful indeed. She’s an important person to me.” I said as I went beside Rika and brushed her hair, although my hands didn’t touch her. “I changed because of her. I decided to become strong and to even go against my sister whom I respect and love so much.”
“So, you like her do you?” I suddenly went numbed. She didn’t know this person… or ghost too well. She might not be accustomed in ‘that’ kind of relationship. I looked back at her with a worried face. I can see that her smile didn’t vanish… yet.

“Uhm… yeah… I love her… I mean!... I like her. She’s my really good friend” I didn’t know why but I don’t want to spoil this girl’s innocent mind with these kinds of relationships.

“Sugoi!… You know what, I had also had a girlfriend before… before I died. I’m really worried about her. From what I know about her personality, I know that she still can’t move on.” I was shocked at what this girl shared with me. Here I am, trying my best to conceal my real feelings for Rika because I thought this girl would never understand. I smiled and reached out my hand to this girl.

“I’m Yoshizawa Hitomi… What’s your name?” The girl shook my hands as she gave me her wonderful name.

“I’m Goto Maki.”

“Maki? Where did I hear that name before? Oh well, ‘Maki’s a common name here.”

“Hi Maki-chan! Can I call you that?”

“You already called me ‘Maki-chan’ so I guess its ok… Should I call you Onee-chan?” I laughed. And I thought that she’s the loner type of girl but I’m wrong. I felt so close to her that it feels like I’ve known her before.

“It’s alright with me… So… how old are you when you first had a girlfriend.”

“When I was in grade 6, 12 years old. She was my annoying classmate. She always bother me until I fell in love with her How about you? Is this girl your girlfriend?”

“Not yet… I was just about to start my move when a car hit me earlier.” She looked at Rika’s sleeping face. I noticed how she looked at her, adoringly. I somewhat felt jealous but I don’t know why.

“Is that so? Well, I think you can use this time to know her better.”

“How are going to do that?” I was intrigued by her suggestion.

“Let’s travel back to her past.”

She took my hand and led me towards the door. I took one last glance at Rika before we went out, right through the closed door. Outside, there’s a bright light ahead of us. She pulled me towards it and as soon as the light vanished, we were already in a certain school.

“We’re here… That’s her right?” She pointed towards the girl sitting on a table with her friends.

“You’re right! That’s her! And there’s also Reina, Sayumi and Eri!... And her best friend…” Rika still look the same although, she’s chubbier before than now. She was happily chatting away with them but… I noticed that Maki disappeared beside me. I was about to go and look for her but I saw that Rika stood up and walked towards a table at the far end, where a girl was sitting alone. I can’t see her face so I decided to go closer to them and to hear their conversation also. I managed to hear their conversation before it ended… And I’m surprised when I saw the one whom Rika was talking to.

“Matte!!! I’ll go straight to the point… I want to be friends with you.”
“There are other people to bother but why me?”
“Well, you see. I’ve noticed that you don’t talk to anyone here in school. Likewise, you don’t seem to have any friend that’s why I decided to befriend you.”
“Thanks for the concern, but I want to be alone. Please don’t bother me. I have other things to do.”
“There’s a saying that no man’s an island’. It means that people cannot live alone. I may give up with you today but, this will not be the last time that you will see me. Remember this… I will make you my friend… Goto-san.”

”Maki… Maki and Rika knew each other… The one whom Maki was talking before was…” Now I knew where I heard that name before. I was on the shower room of our school where I confronted Rika.

“..His… no… her name is Maki”
“Hai… And I really love her very much… Gomen.”


I just stood there as Rika and Maki’s past unfolded right in front of my eyes. I’ve seen everything. From their futsal days, to the one I shouldn’t have seen. I felt really jealous of Maki. I heard their conversation about Tokyo high. Now I know that the reason why Rika was in our school was that she’s just continuing Maki’s dream. I also saw their graduation and Maki’s departure. I just stood beside Rika as she talked to Maki in her newly given keitai before going to sleep. I just stood there as Rika was crying over Maki’s urn at her wake in their school.

“I really love her very much. But I guess there’s nothing I can do with my destiny.” I looked back and saw Maki again.

“I really love Rika… I wanted to help her move on.”

“I know… That’s why I showed our past to you.”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 72

  • Anonymous
    February 12, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

    My, you've been very busy lately! XD

  • Anonymous
    February 12, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

    Aww, I really like the fact that Maki loves Rika enough to take Hitomi on a 'coyote walk' of sorts, so she can see what's going on with Rika. I hope that means Maki approves of Hitomi being Rika's new beau. Great fic Cogi keep up the good work!

  • Anonymous
    February 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

    Dang, my theory was wrong XDDD but your chapter's great! Can you prolong it a bit XD or better yet make a new Yo+any fic after this one.?. ^^

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki