I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Broken Destiny: Chapter 71  

2/10/2008

Yatta!!! It's almost finished!!! two or three more chapters to go!XD



“So, she’s making a move now eh…” Aya whispered to Reina. Rika heard some of it and looked questioningly at Aya.

“Who’s making a move? Miki or Hitomi?”

“Who else… The one who truly loves you from the beginning. The one who’s defying her sister just for you, which she didn’t even do to Makoto.” Reina gleefully replied. Rika blushed from embarrassment.

“You don’t have to elaborate that. I’m just asking for a name.”

“Hahaha!!! Rika-chan’s blushing! Go now! Don’t make her wait for too long!” Sayumi pushed her friend towards the direction of the mall. It’s still 45 minutes before 1 o’clock. Rika waved at her friends before walking towards the mall. She decided to go to the bookstore first and go to the restaurant, five minutes before 1. She entered the bookstore with no particular goal in mind. She flipped different books and scanned some pages, until she saw a book about dreams.

“Maki…. Is there something she wanted to tell me through my dreams?”

She flipped the book open and searched for any information about her constant dreams. It’s said in the book that you will know if a person is already dreaming when you’ll see that his/her iris were moving rapidly.

“…. A state called REM or Rapid Eye Movement…. Dreams can be subjective. Example is when you want to change a bad thing that happened in the past to a good one. Your unconscious mind will fabricate a dream based on what you want to happen…. Some dreams can also be a revelation of what’s going to happen in the near future…… So…is my dream subjective or a prediction?”

Rika focused on that certain paragraph for a long time. She deducted that her dream might be a vision of the future. Her fortune that fateful year coincides with what happened months later. She didn’t know that Maki died when she first dreamt that dream. She suddenly snapped from her thoughts and looked at her wristwatch. It’s exactly 1 in the afternoon. She put the book down and ran outside the store to the restaurant. When she arrived, she peeped first to see whether Hitomi has arrived. She decided to go inside when she didn’t see her.

“And I thought that I’m already late.” She chose to sit at the table near the glass window. She can’t help thinking about what she had read in the book. A waiter approached her and gave her the menu book. Rika took it and opened it without the really reading the contents.

“I’m really bothered by that dream… It keeps on appearing over and over again and it adds something different from the previous dream… Maki and Hitomi are somewhat alike… Is my dream telling me something?”

“Excuse me ma’am, do you have an order now?” Rika looked at the waiter and to her watch. She didn’t notice that it’s almost past 30 minutes since she sat at that table.

“Gomenasai… but I’m waiting for someone… Is Yoshizawa Hitomi-san’s here now?”

“Ano, she’s not here right now. But her older sister is here since 12.”

“Oh, is that so? Can you call her? I need to talk with her for a while, if that’s alright.” Rika's starting to get annoyed at the sudden turn of events. Hitomi’s unusual delay and Miki’s presence makes her want to believe that Miki’s still behind this plan. She shouldn’t have trusted Miki in the first place. But then, she remembered that Aya nodded when she asked whether she could trust Miki or not. She saw Miki emerged at the kitchen and gave her a puzzled look. She then looked around the restaurant as if searching for something, someone specifically, and approached Rika’s table.

“Where’s Hitomi?” Rika was taken aback at what Miki said. It means that Miki’s telling the truth. But then, she cannot easily removed the fact that Miki might be acting it out. She just has to trust Aya’s judgment for now.

“I don’t know… I’m still waiting for her. I called you because I thought that you’re with her.”

“She went out of our house earlier than me. She said she’ll buy you a gift and asked me to cook some Okonomiyaki for the two of you… Although, it made her stomach ache, the last time that I cooked it.” Miki replied worriedly. It was the first time that her sister was late in a meeting that she, herself set up.

“That’s because you put some laxative on it. But it tasted real good I might say.” Rika replied before looking at her watch again.

“This is the first time she’s been late. I’m sure she has a good reason for this.” Rika could see sincerity in Miki’s eyes behind her now worried face. Rika then remembered something about what Miki told her on the phone.

“Oh by the way… Why did you want me to fall in love with you instead of your sister in the first place? I’m not that beautiful enough for her to fall in love with me right away right? Unless I might have some similarity with Makoto..” Miki’s eyes became wide when she mentioned Makoto’s name.

“I guess Ayaya told how mean I am before right? No, it’s not about that. It’s because…”
Miki’s sentence was cut by the sudden ringing of Rika’s keitai. Rika looked at the monitor to see who the caller is.

“Speaking… its Aya.” Rika said to Miki before answering the call. Miki couldn’t hear what Aya’s saying to Rika but from worried face of Rika, what Aya was telling her might be a bad news.

“Hai, were going there now… What hospital?” Miki became concerned as soon as she heard the word ‘hospital’.

“Why? What happened? Who’s in the hospital? Is Aya alright?” Miki bombarded Rika with questions. Rika looked at her worriedly and turned off her cell phone.

“Hitomi…. Hitomi’s been hit by a car.”

……………….
“I knew it. My dream’s somewhat prophetic in nature. It’s been telling me all along that Hitomi will have the same fate as Maki. I hope that she’s alright… I hope she won’t die…

Miki and Rika rushed to the nearby hospital where the ambulance brought the injured body of Hitomi. They were greeted by the four persons whom Rika was talking to earlier.

“What happened?” Miki asked as soon as she approached Aya. She could see Sayu trembling in the couch near the emergency room. Reina and Eri some specks of blood on their clothes. They were looking over at the transparent glass of the E. R.

“We saw Hitomi crossing the street near the mall. She was looking at her gift at that time that she didn’t notice the speeding car headed her way. It was too late for her to react.” Aya explained. Rika immediately ran beside Reina and Eri to check Hitomi.

“The driver was drunk. He’s at the police station now. We immediately called for an ambulance and tried to suppress the bleeding of her head.”

“Oh no!!! Please don’t die!” Rika said loudly. Miki and Aya went instantly near the E.R. They saw how the doctors gave an electric shock to Hitomi after three tries; Hitomi’s heart started beating again.

“Thank goodness, she’s alive.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Broken Destiny: Chapter 71

  • Anonymous
    February 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

    0.0 Hitomi's Maki.?.

    My theory --> Maki - Undergone some plastic surgery after the car accident and suffered amnesia. Hit by a car and recovered memory. XDDD

  • Anonymous
    February 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

    Oh no! Don't die Hitomi! Rika's got some bad luck, what are the chances that both her loves get hit by a car? either that or Rika fanboys are more dangerous then I thought...

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki