I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Love Struck Cupid  

2/14/2008

I didn't know what went through my mind for me to write this not-so-happy-ending fic about Valentine's Day. (probably because I'm a member of NBSB, No Boyfriend Since Birth Lol!! Hahaha). Anyways, enjoy reading! Happy Valentine's Day Minna!!!



There was once a lovely cupid who always comes down from heaven as February approaches. This cupid was the one responsible for increasing the number of couples during that period. This cupid was named as the cupid of mischief. She always targets incompatible couples; cute guy, ugly girl. Tall girl, short guy. Another thing that she’s fond of doing during this time was to partner a guy to a guy and a girl to a girl.

“Are you sure you’re my best friend? Because best friends don’t betray each other!”

“Oh yeah?! It was you who betrayed me first!”

“Get a life Miki! I HATE YOU! I don’t want to see you ever again!!!”

The cupid watched happily as the two girls bicker at each other. She was having fun at the scene this two were making. When she saw that they were going to go away, she aimed her arrows and shot at them. The aura of the two changed suddenly.

“I’m sorry Aya, I was really stupid. Forgive me.”

“No, it was me who’s supposed to say sorry to you.”

The cupid, feeling satisfied, flew to another place. She saw a well known personality giving a Valentine’s Day concert in the park. She decided to play another trick on the unsuspecting victim. After the concert, she held an autograph signing and pictorial session. The cupid decided to shot her arrows of love on the celebrity and to the little girl who’s asking her autograph.

“You’re my idol! I really love… I mean… like you Maki.”

“What’s your name?”

“Tanaka Reina.”

“Meet me at the backstage later. I’ll treat you for dinner.”

There’s no force, both from heaven or earth that can stop this playful cupid. That is the truth, until the day she saw someone.

The other cupids call her ‘Hitomi’ for she always has an ‘eye’ for weird couples. She was wondering around the earth during the Valentine’s Day when she saw a girl standing alone near the Sakura trees. The cupid immediately fell in love with her beguiling eyes. She followed the girl where ever she went. She learned that the girl’s name was Rika. A cupid must never fall in love with a mortal. That’s their general rule which this mischievous cupid was willing to defy.

She positioned herself in front of the girl, aimed her arrows and shot Rika’s heart. She smiled as the arrow of ‘love-at-first-sight penetrated her heart. Hitomi summoned her powers to become visible immediately. Rika saw a beautiful winged person in front of her. From Hitomi’s perspective, the girl didn’t seem that she’s afraid of her.

“Are you an angel?”

“Somewhat like that… I’m a cupid.”

“Ohh. I guess it’s a hard job right? Forcing other people fall in love with each other even though they’re not really meant for each other.”

Hitomi was struck at what Rika said. Something’s wrong. Her arrows should have taken effect any minute now. She was surprised when Rika smiled at her to say goodbye.

“I wish people would just fall in love naturally with out the help of other beings. If that’s the case, the world will become a pleasant place for the people living here are experiencing true and everlasting love.” Rika smiled and waved goodbye to the cupid. Hitomi was left agape.

That day, Hitomi returned to the heavens with a sad heart. She kept thinking what Rika said to her. A cupid approached her when she noticed that their usual laughing Hitomi returned with a gloomy face.

“What happened?”

“I met a beautiful person… I fell in love with her.. But my arrows didn’t have an effect on her.”

“What’s the name of that person?”

“Rika.”

“That’s Akir, the fallen cupid. She forced someone to fall in love with her before by using her arrow of infatuation. Akir was stripped off of her powers and was made a mortal. They were happy for a couple of months until the guy replaced her with a beautiful lady. She’s really repenting what she had done.”

Hitomi listened intently on the story. She made a promise that day; she’ll never play with the mortal’s heart ever again.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 comments: to “ Love Struck Cupid

  • Kreuz
    February 15, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

    It was sad but really beautiful at the same time...
    Oh, I think I'm probably a member of NBSB too... and I hope this last until I'm starting to work, cause now I want to enjoy my youth and have fun with friends
    BTW... I'm Kreuz_Asakura, but this is my nick in google xD

  • Anonymous
    February 15, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

    I agree with genx/Kreuz about this being beautiful. The lesson Hitomi learned was bittersweet. Although she didn't get Rika to love her, she did get a more profound, grownup understanding of love and that it shouldn't be goofed around with. Excellent.

  • steph
    February 15, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

    Awww.... How sad for Rika.. Maybe you could make a part 2 out of this.. "Hitomi's quest to become mortal to... make Rika happy again?"

  • Anonymous
    February 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

    steph's right... umm, you decide XD


    @ steph

    Is there any possibility that we could read the ending of your Together Forever fic? :)


    kRisZ

  • steph
    February 16, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

    @kRisz

    hehe. Erm yea.. working on it. I know exactly how I want the story to turn out and stuff. But somehow the words just wouldn't come out. Don't worry I'll make myself finish the fic, no matter what.

  • cogi_yoshi
    February 18, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

    genx

    Yeah, you should enjoy your life while we're still single! Hehehe. XD

    wings4dreams
    Thanks! Hehehe.. I wanted it to be comedic..but it ended in such a heart-breaking way..XD

    steph
    I'm thinking about it right after I've posted this fic... Hehehe... oh yeah, where can I read your fic... again? hehehe. I think I almost forgot about its story..gomen..XD

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki