I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 13  

3/25/2008

Mushy part... Begins!!!


“I told you, I can accompany you in your house. It’s just two blocks away. It’s the least I can do for carrying my bag.” Maki said while they walked home. Rika carried her bag so that Maki wouldn’t have a hard time in walking using a crutch.

“And I told you also that you’re injured. I can’t let you walk back to your house alone.” Rika replied back and laughed. “Now you see the importance of warm-ups… I can’t believe that you forgot that in the most crucial time!”

“Hai… Hai… Laugh all you want. It’s because you are SO noisy earlier that I became distracted and forgot to do my warm-up.”

“I WAS NOT!!!”

“YES YOU WERE! You were like “Maki do your best! You should win too, yada yada..”

Rika remembered it and blushed…. “I… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to.”

“…. I was just joking. It’s not you fault... Though you are really noisy… I totally forgot to do that stretching part. It’s really my fault that this thing happened to me.”

Rika became silent. It was clear that she was thinking something.

“Earth to Rika-chan!!!” Maki waved her hands in front of Rika. “Geez, I was here being so sentimental and you just lost yourself into space.”

“I’m sorry, I was just thinking of something… weird.” Rika suddenly blushed.

“And I taught that you don’t study that often… Thinking too hard will result in insanity. Hahaha.” Maki almost tripped because of laughing. “Seriously speaking, do you want to share that ‘weird’ thought of yours?”

“I had a felling that I’m entering the puberty stage…” Rika’s cheeks suddenly turned red. Maki stopped walking and turned to face Rika.

“And what are you trying to say?”

“It’s just that I had …. Uhmm… how should I say this… I had… a… crush……. on someone.”

Maki was taken aback… She did not expect this coming from Rika. They were always together and she didn’t notice any person that could become Rika’s crush. What were her standards anyways? She just pretended that she wasn’t even bothered by the news.

“Oh, is that so…. Is that person cute?”
“Why am I asking this question? Baka!!!!”

“Hai… That person is really, really cute!” Rika happily exclaimed.

“Ahh, I see…. Is that person smart?”
“Why I can’t control my stupid tongue? Am I curious to know who that person is? Or am I just jealous because she found other person besides me?”
Maki was really hurt by the news. There she found a new friend in Rika but that may be cut short because of that third person. Or is it because she feels something for Rika which was greater than friendship?

“Yup! That person is really smart; my idol and inspiration when it comes to that area.” Rika looked at the sky while she was telling that to Maki. She could feel the other was really bothered. She was smiling inwardly at the thought of a jealous Maki.

“…. Does that person know about it?”
“I couldn’t take it anymore… It hurts a lot”
Maki reverted back to her cold look back in the first month of class. She had a great time this morning and then suddenly, fate took it away.

“That, I have no idea. My perception of that person is… a numb person… I was like showing all my love to that person but my efforts were unnoticed. I don’t know, maybe that person notices it but chose not to say anything… for it might ruin anything that we established so far.”

“Ahh….Well, good luck with that person. If you need my advices or help, feel free to talk with me. I’ll just be around whatever happens.” Maki said the opposite of what she really wanted to say. She wanted to tell Rika not to pursue her infatuation to that someone. She wanted her to stay by her side always. The last sentence is the only true thing that she said: she will stay beside her always.

“Thanks! I have a picture… Wanna see?” Rika put down Maki’s bag on the ground and searched her own bag for the ‘picture’. Now Maki had some kind of a “Angel Goto, Devil Maki’ going on her. She didn’t want to see the face of the person whom Rika liked, on the other hand, she was curious to see it also so that when she met that person, she could beat the hell out of that person. Even though Rika would interfere, she wouldn’t stop… It was that person’s fault in the first place. That person took away her most precious thing in the world.

“Hai! I finally saw it… Hehehe. Close your eyes first then I’ll tell you when to open it.” Rika smiled at Maki.

“This is it… I hope lightning would strike me now… Or the wind will blow away the picture… Am I ready for this? I don’t want to see it…”

“Open your eyes…”

“Yada”

“Come on, open it, it’s not that bad.”

“Yes it is! It’s really bad that I want to wake up from this bad dream.”

“Open it up, your curious right? You want to see it right?”

Maki had no choice. Slowly she opened her eyes. She saw nothing at first, the light from the moon didn’t help at all, but then she started to see someone familiar.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 13

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki