I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 12  

3/25/2008

Try to visualize what Sayu did in this chapter... XD



Rika saw how the group was doing their best in order to win. She must also do some contribution. She readied herself for Ayumi’s attack when she caught sight of Maki sitting in their bench beside Yasuda. She saw Maki moved her lips which she knew that she was telling her “gambarimas”. Rika smiled and concentrated on guarding Ayumi.

“There’s only 25 seconds left. If I have to score, I must steal the ball now.”
With Maki watching her, she wouldn’t let her team lose. She stole the ball from Ayumi which stunned the other. Rika ran with all her might towards the goal. She could see in her peripheral vision that Reina and Sayu were following her. Eri, a good defensive player, chose to guard Ayumi. That way, Rika would be free and can easily score.

Rika attacked from the left side. She kicked the ball but Masae blocked it. From the spin she applied on the ball, she estimated that it will fly right beside Reina who was on the right side of the field. Reina saw the ball coming towards her and kicked it hard with all the energy that she had left…. The ball hit the upper part of the goal and bounced back.

“SAYU TO THE RESCUE!!!!!” Everyone was surprised when Sayu jumped high to reach the ball, did some somersault and hit the ball with her heel. The ball went in with only 5 seconds left.

“Yeah!!! We Scored!!!” Reina yelled.

“The game’s not finished yet! Get back on defense!” Eri shouted while running after Ayumi.

Tsuji couldn’t believe what she saw… Her perception of Sayu was that Sayu was a delicate person. She was sometimes being a wimp when it comes to P.E. class. But in order to do some somersault, Sayu must have lots of strength in her legs to be able to execute that. She saw Ayumi coming and readied herself. Unfortunately, the time expired before Ayumi could kick the ball. The score was 4-3. Section A won.

Rika immediately ran towards Maki who stood up using a crutch.
“We won!!!” Rika shouted and hugged Maki tightly. She was so happy that she kissed Maki……

On the cheek. ( )

“Good job, captain.” Maki said. Her face was red from blushing.

“We can’t let your efforts be ruined.” Reina joined the two and hugged them. The rest of the group joined and formed a large ‘group hugging session’. Even Yasuda-sensei joined them.

“I’ll treat you all next week!!! I will not give you hard tests!”

“Awww, and I thought you would treat us in a restaurant.” Everyone laughed at what Tsuji said. She always loved eating. She and her best friend, Kago, always have large lunch boxes with them.

“I can’t believe Sayumi could do that somersault! I was really amazed!” Eri hugged her best friend. Reina joined too. The three of them have been close friends since kindergarten but they just discovered what Sayumi could do.

“I was surprised at myself to.” Sayumi suddenly said. “I was thinking about Maki’s efforts and then boom… I just did that. May be watching too much anime with fighting and back-flipping scenes gave me the inspiration to do that, hehehe.”


“Omedetto! I didn’t expect you to be that good. I was watching and I could see everyone’s efforts....I’m sorry that I didn’t stay with you till the end. If only I didn’t had this sprain…”

“Don’t blame yourself! Accidents really do happen but remember that you were our inspiration to win this game. If it hadn’t for you, we wouldn’t have a chance against them. We should be the one to thank you for your efforts early in the game.” Reina bowed to Maki.

“I guess, it’s the team effort you all put into the game that helped your team win.”

Every one looked back and saw Abe-sensei walking towards them with Ayumi beside her.

“You all did a great job. And I would like to see that effort in my varsity team so I’m inviting Reina, Eri and Sayu to join our practice session next week.”

“Hai!!!” The three of them exclaimed and hugged each other. They didn’t expect this to happen. All three of them got invited.

“I hope to play with you again once your foot is fine.” Ayumi shook hands with Maki.

“Goto-san, I definitely want you to join our team. What you’ve shown today is incredible. I think I’ll give you a month to let your foot heal. I wouldn’t accept ‘no’ as an answer.” Abe emphasized the word ‘no’.

“I guess I have no other option but to accept.” Maki smiled at the two then looked at Rika. “We’ll make a great tandem, right?”

Rika let the tears of joy fall onto her face. She was so happy that her two wishes came true that same day. “Hai!”

……….
The special award goes to the section A. It just proves that this section could be brains and brawns at the same time. They went home late because of the fireworks event. There were different shapes and colors of fireworks but their favorite is the heart-shaped one . Maki held Rika’s hand when she saw that shape and looked at her eyes.

“I’m glad that you came into my life. Now I wouldn’t be lonely anymore”.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 12

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki