I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 11  

3/25/2008

Chapter update!!!!


Maki could feel that her ankle was really swollen. But she chose to play though it hurts her very much because this is the last quarter and their last chance to get the gold medal.

As Rika expected, Ayumi went to guard Maki instead of her. She could also see Miki nearby.
“Ahh, so they plan to double team her. But we have another secret weapon.”

Eri passed the ball to Sayu. Sayu had a hard time to pass by Hitomi.
“Goto-san!!!!” Sayu screamed to her while she readied for the kick.

“Ano, baka! I’ve just told her not to shout the name of the person she’s going to pass.”

Ayumi doubled her guard on Maki. Miki ran between Maki and Sayu and anticipate the pass but instead of passing it to Maki, Sayu passed it to the open Reina. Reina ran as fast as she could towards the goal and Ai Takahashi couldn’t catch up with her. Masae readied herself for the shot. Reina kicked the ball near the left side. Masae ran towards it but the ball just hit the pole and bounced back. Reina then hit it using her head and scored. They lead by one.

“Good job Sayu! Reina!” Rika was happy at the cooperation her team is showing her. Now they’re on the defense. She knew Ayumi would shot the ball whenever she had the ball. Tsuji is their best goalkeeper. She knew she could handle Ayumi’s shots but she must be very careful. Though Ayumi would always take the shot, they cannot anticipate her every move. That’s why she became the sub-captain of their team, her aggressiveness and unpredictability made it difficult for anyone who guarded her.

Ayumi passed it towards Ai. But before it reached her, Eri did a slide like what baseball players do, to get it. She immediately stood up and ran. She passed the ball to Maki.

“Just get the ball to the goal and score. Then we can just wait for the time to end… I hope I could finish this game. My ankle’s aching very much.”
Maki could see Miki running towards her to guard her. She kicked the ball and start running but her ankle hurt very much. She lost her focus for a while and Ayumi grabbed that chance to steal the ball away from her. She kicked the ball but accidentally, their legs clashed and Maki groaned in pain. Ayumi got the ball and passed it towards Hitomi. Maki was left lying on the ground holding her right foot. Rika saw that and immediately ran towards her. Their team was shocked at the scene that the section B scored easily. Yasuda immediately called for a time out and went to the field.

“Maki! Are you alright?!” Rika rushed tpowards Maki and kneeled down beside her. She was in the verge of tears. She had a hunch that Maki was not feeling alright even though she said that she’s fine. Rika blamed herself for not doing anything.

“Hai, daijoubu… It’s just that, my right ankle’s swollen right now and Ayumi made it worse by accidentally hitting it.” Maki looked at Rika’s teary face. “Why are you crying? It’s not like I’m going to die because of this. It’s just a sprain.”

“I could see that you’re not feeling alright earlier but I didn’t stop you. It’s my fault you ended up like this. If only… If only I…”

Maki cut off Rika by putting her finger on Rika’s lips. “Shhhh, don’t cry. It’s not your fault. I choose not to tell because I don’t like it when I’m the one who’s making you feel sad.” Maki smile at her reassuringly. “Just do your best for us to win.”

Maki was carried off to the clinic for medication. Ayumi said sorry to Maki.
“It’s not your fault. I had this earlier when I was participating in the 100 m dash.”

“I’ve had a great time playing with you. I hope I can play with you again sometime. Please join our varsity team!”

“I’ll think about that.”


………
The game resumed with only 3 minutes remaining and their score is a tie. Section A had the ball but Rika couldn’t focus very much.

“You’ve changed a lot Ishikawa. Before, even though someone was injured in our team, you can still concentrate on the game. But now, I can clearly see that you still worry about Maki.”

Ayumi hit the spot. Ever since Maki came, there had been a lot of changes with her. Her day wouldn’t be complete if she didn’t see Maki. She wanted to stay beside her always. Now, she can’t focus on the game. She wanted to go to the clinic and stay with Maki but Maki told her to do her best to win for the team. It’s hard but she tried to concentrate for the attack. After all, this is for Maki’s effort. She wouldn’t let her down this time.

“That’s it… Now I’ll enjoy playing with you, captain.”

………
Rika passed the ball to Eri. Eri ran as fast as she could towards the goal. She could see that Rika and Reina were heavily guarded. Yasuda chose their classmate, Ai Kago, to replace Maki. She passed the ball to her. Ai got it and continued running. She could see Risa coming towards her so she passed the ball to Sayu. Sayu on the other hand wasn’t prepared for the pass and almost lost the ball. When she recovered it, she was surprised that Miki was already on her back. She was forced to kick the ball towards the goal but Masae caught it easily.

“Gomen!!!”
“It’s ok! Just get back on defense!” Rika shouted. With only a minute left on the clock, she had to do something. It’s either they steal the ball and win or to guard them heavily and wait for the tie breaker.

Rika guarded Ayumi. Ayumi has a blank look on her face, which makes it hard for Rika to anticipate her next move. Plus the fact that she’s still worrying about Maki which didn’t help her current situation. She was preoccupied with these thoughts that when she snapped back to reality, Ayumi was making her way towards her left side. She reacted and moved to her left but then, Ayumi was just faking it and immediately turned towards her right side. Rika didn’t have a chance to move back thus Ayumi was able to pass over her.

Tsuji saw Ayumi coming and readied herself for the attack. There’s only 50 seconds left and the score was still a tie. She wouldn’t let them win that easily so as not to waste Maki’s efforts. Ayumi shot the ball towards Tsuji. Tsuji was able to block it but then the ball landed near Hitomi and shot it towards Tsuji. Kago came to help and blocked the ball because Tsuji wasn’t able stood up in time. Ayumi got it again and took another shot. This time Eri was near and almost took the ball by doing another slide. The ball rolled towards Miki. Sayu guarded her heavily that she was forced to pass it back to Ayumi. There’s only 30 seconds left on the clock.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 11

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki