I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 13: The Hidden Chapter  

12/09/2008

Yeah!!! This is 'my' version of the possible ending of the movie... Have you guessed who the real killer is??? This chapter will give you some hints...( or the answer?XD)
My next updatewill be on my day off this friday... so yeah... I'll still try to post at least twice a week though I only have 1 day off... XD



“Okairinasai!” Rika’s sister ran towards the visitor as soon as she stepped inside their house. “Hey, you’re here again!!!” After buying a new game, Rika invited Hitomi to sleep over in their house to try the game they bought. After what happened to them, they made sure that they will only play games that are famous and won’t dare to try those titles which they heard for the first time. Another thing is; her little sister was bugging her ever since she introduced Hitomi to her. There’s something in Hitomi that makes her sister enjoy her presence… They sure are sisters.

“Hey there Aika! We bought a new game! Let’s play change the loser!” Hitomi brought out the CD case of NBA Live 2007 and Aika quickly set up the game equipment. Another thing why Rika invited Hitomi to stay was that their parents were watching over their grandmother who has been operated in the gall bladder. They need to stay there for a couple of days.

“Call me when you’re done. I’ll just take a shower.” Rika said to the two busybodies. Since there were 3 gamers in all, it will be unfair if it’s two vs. one. Her little sister thought of a way to enjoy those ‘versus’ type of game modes. When they heard it, they immediately agreed upon the ‘change-the-loser’ basis.

“Hehehe… I’ll beat you with my Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire tandem!” Hitomi exclaimed.

“That’s so 10 years ago! Boston Celtic’s the hot team today! You’ll be no match with Pierce, Allen and Garnett!” Aika answered back. She pushed the switch on the Playstation 2, and grabbed her controller. Hitomi did the same while opening some snacks that they bought in the ‘konbini’.

The game started uneventfully. Rika emerged from the bathroom and went to their living room to take a quick look at the two. She smiled. Those two were really funny. They both seemed preoccupied with the game. Rika saw the scores and went to her room. She need to dress quickly for her best friend was already losing.

………….
“I told you! You’ll be no match against my team!”

“Huh… You’re just lucky that I’m not in the mood to play. If I were, I’ll easily outscore you…. Why are you looking at me like that?” Hitomi asked the person in front of her, smiling sardonically at her.

“Why won’t you just tell the truth that my little sister’s better than you when it comes to basketball?”

“It’s just a matter of choice of teams to be used.”

“You used ‘Western All-Stars 2005’ last time against my Dallas Mavericks. But I still won.” Hitomi blinked and look back and forth towards the two sisters who were clearly teaming up against her. She rolled her eyes when they started laughing at her.

“I’m going to sleep for a while… Just call me when someone has been defeated.” Hitomi stood up and went towards the sofa to lie down.

……………
“Yoh! Genki desu ka?”

“Hai… genki desu…”

“Are you sure? I know you’re somewhat pissed because a little girl’s always beating you in your favourite games.”

“No I’m not…”

“Yocchan, I’ve been your best friend for many years now… I know that because you’re feeling the same when I always beat you in Marvel Vs. Capcom.” Hitomi glared at the person standing in front of her.

“Are you here to make me feel better or to make it worst? You’re not helping.” Maki laughed. Hitomi tried to stop her grin from escaping her lips. She can’t hide anything from Maki. Maki knew her more than she knew herself.

“Actually I’m here to help you.” Maki’s smile vanished and was replaced by a serious look. “It’s not yet finished.”

“Yeah I know… I’m going to beat Aika for sure within this night!”

“I’m not pertaining to that. I’m saying that… The game’s not yet finished… Be careful. Protect Rika. She’s after the two of you…”

“Matte! We’ve already killed her right? Don’t go away!” Hitomi tried to ran after her friend but a figure suddenly appeared in front of her and tried to suffocate her by gripping her neck. Hitomi looked at the hooded figure in front of her.

“No way…”


………….
“Arrrgh!!!”

“Ehh?!? You’re noisy, Yoshizawa-san! You purposely did that to make me lose to my sister right?” Rika was leading the game with a point. The ball was in Aika’s possession with less than four seconds left. She was about to shoot the ball when Hitomi suddenly screamed, thus loosing her concentration and missing the shot. Though Rika should be happy because she won the game, she’s bothered by Hitomi’s scared expression.

“A nightmare? But you were just sleeping for the last 20 minutes… What was your dream about?” Rika stood up and went towards her best friend. Hitomi looked at her and smiled.”

“Yes… I dreamt that Aika was beating me in every game that we’re playing. It’s nothing much. Just a scream of frustration.” Hitomi lied.

“Ehh? Is that a nightmare or a reality?” Aika grinned. Hitomi shook her head and quickly caught Rika’s little sister, hugging her tightly.

“I’ll hug you until you can’t breathe!”

“Nee-san!!! Tasukete!!! She’s breaking my precious bones!!!”

“You deserve that… You know, ever since you’ve been hanging out with Kusumi you’ve changed a lot. I like your stoic, non-egoistic attitude before.” Rika laughed and left the two alone.

“NEE-SAN!!!!”

“HARHARHAR!!!! You’re mine!!!” That’s the last thing Rika heard before closing the door of her room.

………….
“You seem pretty bothered.” Hitomi whispered on Rika’s ear. Rika stirred on her bed and turned around to face her friend.

“I’m just worried… about you. You lied about your nightmare right? Tell me the truth.” Hitomi can see Rika’s determined eyes though the faint lighting coming from the moon. She didn’t want to worry her friend but it seemed that… Maki and Rika can easily read her thoughts.

“Hai… gomen. I just don’t want to worry you.”

“You know, you’re making me worried even more when you’re not telling the truth… Now what’s bothering you?”

“I… I … where do I start?” Hitomi mumbled to herself. Aika moved below her side of the bed. The three of them were sleeping in Rika’s room. Aika grabbed a futon earlier and put it beside her sister’s bed. Rika shared her bed with Hitomi.
“Maki visited me in my dream… She said that the game’s not finished. And then, she vanished and Eri-Hime attacked me.” Hitomi whispered softly, trying not to wake up Aika. She looked at Rika’s blank expression.

“She must have been shocked by my dream.”

“Ahhh… So your best friend was the one who visited you… Mine’s Miki.” It was Hitomi’s turn to be surprised. Rika smiled. She knew what Hitomi was thinking. “I dreamt about it last night. That’s the third reason why I invited you over here. I want to tell it to you but it seemed that Maki already told you. That figure attacked and tried to suffocate me.”

“So… what are we going to do?”

“I have no idea.”

……………
Hitomi woke up the next day when a beam of light was hurting her eyes. Luckily for her, she didn’t encounter any scary dreams aside from the one she told Rika but she’s unlucky not to get enough sleep. There’s something bothering her, and she has no idea about it.

“Wake up sleepy head… It’s almost 10 in the morning.” Hitomi opened one eye and saw Rika tying the curtains to let some rays of light inside her room.

“Thhn mminiites mooohhh…”

“What?!” Rika went beside the bed and removed Hitomi’s covers. “Just get up and eat your breakfast.” Rika grabbed her friend’s foot and tickled it. Hitomi squirmed a little but after a short period of time, she was used to it. Rika grabbed the other foot and pulled Hitomi out of her bed. Rika saw that her friend was not faking her being sleepy. She hastily tried to protect her friend’s head from knocking onto the ground. She landed on top of Hitomi.

“Itaii… do you really have to do that?” Hitomi said after hurting her butt. She tried to push aside her friend but Rika’s face seemed stuck on her neck. “Move…. You’re heavy.” Hitomi’s face turned red when she felt Rika’s hot breath on her neck.

“Hmmm… You smell good. Is that the perfume we bought last week?” Rika looked at Hitomi’s eyes which made the other even redder. She felt like she would burst from embarrassment when the door opened suddenly and Aika’s head peeped in.

“Ohay… What are you doing?” Aika moved closer to them. Rika smiled at her sister and looked back again at Hitomi.

“I’m just waking her up… Smell her. This is the perfume that we bought last week.” Hitomi’s heart started beating very fast. It felt like the temperature in the room rose when Rika shoved Aika’s face into the left side of her neck, while Rika continued smelling her from the right side.

“You’re right nee-san… It smells sweet… Can you buy one for me?”

“Alright, if you give me your money. It only costs 300 yen.”

“Yeah… go on… just talk on my neck… while we’re on this AWKWARD position!” Hitomi pushed the two sisters aside and stood up quickly. She wiped away the sweat forming on her forehead and tried to calm herself to quickly vanish her blushing.

“Hey… I’m FULLY awake now… so let’s all eat breakfast.” Rika grinned and went ahead of them. Aika jumped on Hitomi’s back.

“Carry me!!!”

“Do you want me to break your bones again?”

“Aika… you should lessen your contacts with Kusumi. You’re acting weirdly just like her.” Aika just put out her tongues at Rika. The other did the same. Hitomi shook her head and supported Aika on her back.

“Hold on tight.”

…………….
“Gochisousama!” The three said after eating their meal. They were tidying up the dining table when the door bell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Rika wiped her hands on a towel before going out of the kitchen. She opened the door and a girl with a long, black, silky hair smiled at her.

“Ohayou gozaimasu, Rika-chan. Is Aika in there?” Rika swore she blinked many times at her sister’s friend. The girl seemed worried when Rika didn’t answer her and just stood there like a statue. “Ano sa, I’ll just come back if she’s still asleep.” The girl bowed and turned back to leave. Rika stirred and called the person back.

“Kusumi? Gomen… I… I… was just… a little surprised at your sudden visit. Come in.” Rika steeped aside and opened the door wide for the other to enter. Kusumi bowed again and smiled before entering their house.

“Am I dreaming? It’s as if they switched personalities.”

“Ohayou!!!! You’re early..” Aika hugged her friend tightly. The other just smiled.

“Actually, I just arrived on the right time. You’re the one who’s being ‘late’ right now?” Kusumi eyed her friend from head to toe. Aika looked at herself and grinned.

“Gomen! I’ll change my clothes right now. Please sit down while waiting for me.” Aika ran towards her room. Hitomi emerged from the kitchen and smiled at the visitor.

“Hey there! You two will go somewhere?” Hitomi put down a glass of orange juice on the table. Kusumi took a sip before answering Hitomi.

“Hai, we’ll go shopping then we’ll play at our friend’s house.” Kusumi replied. Rika sat beside her and looked straight into her eyes. Hitomi pulled her friend away when she saw that Kusumi’s feeling awkward at what Rika was doing. Aika came out of her room just in time.

“Let’s go!!!” Aika pulled her friend and went out of the house. “I’ll come back late!”

“Iterashaii!” Hitomi waved back at the two. She faced Rika when Kusumi closed the door. “Is it just me or those two switched personalities?”

“Beats me… That’s why I’m staring at Kusumi.” Rika answered. “So, what are we going to do now?” Rika grinned evilly.

………………
“You sure are a great actress.”

“You know, it’s really hard to imitate you… Can we stop this? I’m sure they weren’t spying on us.”

“Kusumi, you made a bargain and we lost. We have to do it even though Jun Jun and Lin Lin were not around.” Aika just smiled and patted her friend’s head. “Don’t worry, they will go back in China tomorrow. You can stop preten…”

“What?!? It thought that they’ll stay here for 2 months?” Kusumi asked rather stunned by the news. A month ago, two transfer students came to Mizushima Gakuen. Though they had a hard time talking in Japanese, they immediately became close because they were also gamers like them.

“I thought so too… But that’s life. We need to buy some gifts for them.”

“Speaking of gifts,” Kusumi paused and scanned for her phone. She scrolled her phone for something before putting it back inside her bag. “Aibon mailed me. She said she has a new game that her cousin gave her as a gift. She wanted to play it with us after our shopping spree.”

……………
“Yocchan… move faster…”

“I’m moving… I’m MOVING!!!”

“Push it further… I know that there’s a lot of space inside...”

“It’s to tight… I can’t go on.”

“Push it harder…”

“I’m pushing! If you’ll just complain there, why won’t you help me push it inside?”

“Fine… move aside.” Rika helped Hitomi push the large bear stuffed toy inside Aika’s small cabinet. They decided to investigate why Aika was acting weird so they infiltrated her room. When they opened her cabinet, Aika’s stuffed toys fell on them.

“Why is she hiding these things on her small cabinet? It’s really hard to put it in… Your sister really became weird.” Hitomi pushed the toy with all her might. Rika closed the door swiftly as soon as the toy got inside the cabinet.

“That’s close! Now, my sister will have no idea that we’ve infiltrated her room.” Rika grinned before pushing her friend out of the door. The two of them sat on the sofa. The atmosphere suddenly turned serious. “I’m bothered by what Miki said. And that figure… I’m 100 % sure that it’s not Eri.” Hitomi closed her eyes and tried to remember the face of the figure in her dreams. She didn’t see it clearly but Rika’s right. The figure was somehow different from the figure in the game. The hood was pointed rather than rounded and it’s wearing a monk’s garment. Hitomi’s eyes opened. She gazed nervously at Rika.

“That figure… she’s wearing a monk’s garment… So it’s not Eri who attacked me! It was the same one that we’ve seen when we were inside the shrine in the game!” Rika tried to recall her dream and the night they played in the computer room. Her eyes grew wide when she realized the similarities between the two events.

…………..
“Aibon! We’re here!!!” Kusumi screamed. They just finished their two-hour shopping spree. Aika smiled at their friend who was currently opening the gate for them.

“I don’t know why you have to scream when I’m already in front of you.” Aibon retorted. She opened their gate wide enough for the two to enter.

“Gomen, you know that we have to switch our personalities for five days right? She was just happy that her misery will end tomorrow.”

“Ahh… after Jun-Jun and Lin-Lin goes back to China… Congrats!” Aibon said sarcastically but Kusumi didn’t mind. She went directly to the living room and was staring at the monitor of Ai’s Apple notebook.

“Woah!!! I’ve read this game in an article last Wednesday! They said that ‘Maiden’s Curse’ is a game to die for… I can’t wait to play it!”

………..
“So, what is this perceptive reality?” Kaori asked. The other two smiled at Risa. They remembered it clearly, the night Risa said to them the meaning of that term.

”I’ve read it in an article before. It said that the more time you spent playing a game, the more you will think that your reality’s becoming a fantasy.”

“Kindly elaborate your answer.”

“Fine!” Risa cleared her throat before continuing. “I’ll explain it in a more practical term… You’ve swum in a beach or pool right?”

Kaori looked at her student sternly. Rika noticed it. “Don’t worry, she got a point.” The principal nodded and Risa continued.

“After swimming, you still feel like your still in the water right?” Kaori nodded again. “Well, that’s it. Basically after watching a REALLY scary movie, you will think that there are ghosts inside your room. So… we’ve played too much graphic game so we’re being paranoid right now that someone’s attacking us…”

“But someone’s really killing gamers like you! Even your vice-principal was killed because of investigating your group!”

“That… is called a coincidence… You know, instead of accusing us being the killers, why won’t you send some police to guard us… We might be the next in line to be killed.”


……………..
“Let’s call Risa. Maybe she dreamt about Maki or Miki too… Or even her best friend, Ai-chan.” Hitomi got the phone beside Rika and dialled the number. She waited for a couple of rings before someone answered the phone. Rika moved closer to Hitomi so she would hear their conversation.

“Moshi-moshi! Dare ni?”

“Konnichiwa! Mrs. Niigaki. It’s me Hitomi. Is your daughter there?”

“Hitomi? I’m sorry but she’s still not here. She didn’t go home last night.” Rika grabbed the phone on Hitomi.

“Konnichiwa! It’s me Rika… We asked her to go shopping with us last night but she said that she has to go home early…”

“Yes, I told her not to go anywhere after school but then, she called me and she will sleep over with a friend.” Rika looked at Hitomi and signalled her to move closer to the phone.

“Who’s she staying with now?”

“I have no idea… she didn’t tell me. If the two of you could contact her, kindly tell her that she needs to go home before 6. Her father and I will be going in a seminar and she has to look after the house.”

“Hai, we’ll tell her. Thank you!” Rika clicked the end button and dialled Risa’s cell number.

“The number you dialled is either off or out of coverage area. Please try again later”

“I can’t contact her. I’m pretty nervous about this… Look, my heart’s beating really fast.” Rika grabbed Hitomi’s right hand and put it on top of her chest. Hitomi’s blood rushed up immediately and a blush can be faintly seen on her face.

“H… hai… I gue… guess th..that..”

“Will you stop stammering? I can’t understand you.”

“I would if you didn’t do that in the first place!” Hitomi removed her hand and looked away. “I said, we need to find her quickly.” Rika’s lips formed a half smile.

“Ehh… that’s not what I’ve heard before?” Hitomi looked back at her with glaring eyes. Rika grinned widely now. “I kinda understood some of your words but I can’t understand what you wanted to say… gets?”



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki