I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

What Happened Next  

5/18/2008

Ahahaha... My third installment (continuation)... I hope you like this one...LOL



“I can’t believe we’re doing this… We’re leaders. We’re supposed to be the model of the other members. We can’t be like this!”

“Be quiet! Do you want them to find us out? Geez, if you don’t want to listen, just pretend that you’re not doing anything and be quiet.”

“I want to go back! I don’t need to watch them 24/7. We have a busy schedule for today. What the others told us was enough evidence for me.”

“Come on… Don’t tell me that you’re not DYING to know the real score between those two? And besides, we’re the only one’s who didn’t see it right?” Risa grinned at her astounded friend. Ai just took her milk tea and sipped it silently. Risa was trying to hear the conversation on the opposite table so she peeked at the news paper that she’s holding.

“You know, you should drop that newspaper thing. You’re really obvious.”

“Just shut up! I can’t hear them.”

……..
“Gross… Really disgusting….”

Miki glared at the person opposite of her. Miki treated Yossie on the cafeteria as a gratitude for helping her earlier. Miki dropped her favourite yakiniku on the table after s dipping it on the sauce. She immediately picked it up after a second, and put it inside her mouth which made the other person gross out.

“You might have stomach-ache later but don’t rely on me helping you again.”

“Hey, I picked it up in less than 5 seconds. I’ll be ok.” Miki retorted. She picked up another beef and dipped it again on the sauce before biting it.

“Ohhh… The ever famous ‘5-second rule’. You know. Bacteria don’t need 5-seconds to stick on the food. They stick immediately as soon as they touched it.” Yossie stated in a matter-of-fact tone. Miki looked up to her and tilted her head.

“And where did you read that one?”

“I’ve watched it last night, Mythbusters, Discovery channel… Well, it seemed interesting and there’s a translation so I watched it. They busted that rule. Plus, they also found out that many bacteria stick to wet food than dry foods. Now, I wonder how many bacteria colonies are there inside your stomach.” Yossie couldn’t help but laugh real loud at the sight of Miki widening her eyes in disbelief.

…………
“Why can’t they talk about something important?” Risa whispered more to herself but Ai definitely heard it.

“They are talking about something important. There are lots of bacteria around us and I’m glad to know that the 5-second rule was busted.”

“You know what I meant when I said ‘important’ right?” Risa said without looking at her friend.

“Uhmm… No.” Risa slammed her fist (together with the newspaper of course) on the table, irritated by what her friend answered.

“YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! IT’S THE REASON WHY WE’RE STALKING THEM!!!” Everyone inside the cafeteria stopped; definitely surprised at the sudden outburst. Risa looked around her. Miki and Hitomi were staring at her.

“Busted.” Ai calmly said. Risa eyed her friend before standing up and taking an apologetic bow to everyone.

“It’s nothing. Don’t mind us… We’re just… ahhhh... playing. We’re going now!” Risa grabbed her friend and walked rapidly towards the door. “We can’t stalk them anymore in there. Let’s just follow them later.”

“Still not giving up?”

“I won’t until I see it with my own eyes!” Risa replied, full of energy. She pulled her friend towards the end of the hall and hid behind the wall. From there, she can still clearly see the people coming in and out of the said cafeteria. Ai was stuck with her friend. With nothing much to do, she pulled out from her bag her handy English ‘slang’ book.

“I want a kitty.”
…………….
“Yoh, what’s up?”
……………
“You wanna dance with me?”
……………
“I’m going to kick your ass!”

“Hey! Could you read that silently? They might find us out because of you… again.” Risa paused for a while before adding the last word. Ai, who was sitting on the floor beside her friend, just ignored the comment and returned to her reading. A couple of minutes later, Miki emerged from the door, followed by Hitomi who was supporting her. Risa nudged Ai’s elbow.

“What?” Ai lowered her book to look at Risa. She followed her friend’s line of sight and saw the ‘not-so-interesting’ scene. “So what if Yocchan’s supporting her? Your imaginations are running wild.”

“Look!” Risa pointed at the way Miki was walking. “Koharu was right, they might have done something last night. This is really…”

“Insane. Let’s stop this now and we’ll be late for out taping this afternoon.” Ai interrupted and stood up, ready to walk towards the opposite way. Risa pulled her back forcefully which made Ai land on top of her.

“Itai… What do you think you’re doing? I have enough of this. I’m going back to the studio. It’s their private life, you should respect them.” Ai reprimanded. Risa grabbed her friend’s shoulders and ‘shifted’ herself on top of the surprised Ai.

“I won’t let you go until WE see it with our own eyes! We’re so close right now and I won’t let you turn your back on me at this crucial time!”

“There are lots of empty rooms during lunch break. You should do your thing inside there where nobody will see you.” The two Gokkies were frozen by that voice. They slowly looked up saw the grinning faces of their sempais.

“I tell you. Don’t be like this girl beside me who would just jump on Aya anytime she sees her. I’m glad that Aya can control this person otherwise, she would have caused a scandal years ago.” Miki glared at Hitomi.

“And how about you and Rika? You’re flirting with her even on stage and on videos!”

“At least it’s not that obvious compared to you.” Hitomi replied. Miki was about to answer back when Ai decided to end this ‘foolishness’ once and for all.

“Ano sa, Risa just wanted to ask whether you’ve done… uhmm… something ‘fishy’ last night..”

“Huh?!?” Hitomi and Miki answered simultaneously. Ai scratched her head and looked at her frowning friend.

“Ano, we presumed that you DID something… ‘ero’ last night that’s why Miki-san is walking weird today.” Ai saw the two exchange looks at each other before bursting out to tears.

“I told you that we must be prepared for other versions of the ‘story’ that they saw.” Miki said while laughing.

“You want to know the real story? Miki was late for our futsal training that she forgot to do warm-ups. As a result, her legs were aching badly and I’m just helping her right now… as a captain of course.”

“So, the two of you are not dating?” Risa blurted.

“NO! Do you really think that I’ll replace my Aya for this boyish, un-sexy girl? No way!” Hitomi removed her support from Miki’s waist making the other cry out in pain. “ITAI!!!! It was just a joke!” Hitomi grinned and helped her friend once again.

“Be thankful that I’m helping you…” Hitomi looked back at the two. “In any case… you might want to change the venue of your current activity. There are many people who will pass by here after lunch break so… yeah… you know the rest.” The two slowly walked away from the unmoving couple on the floor. When they reached the corner, the two can see Miki grinning and winking at them.

“Uhmm… now that you know the answer… can you please let me go?” Risa looked at her friend for a couple of seconds more before realizing that she’s still on top of her.

“AAAHHHH!!! Gomen!!! I totally forgot!” Risa stood up and helped her friend to get up.

“Let’s go back to the studio.” Ai said and quickly turned around before Risa would see her blushing face.

…………….
“DID YOU ALL SEE THAT?!?”

“Of course Koharu… we’re not blind.” Reina replied sarcastically which the other ignored as she’s already lost in her own world.

“Earlier it’s Yoshizawa and Fujimoto sempai… now it’s… Takahashi and Gaki-san…” Aika remarked. Eri looked at her, somewhat in a daze.

“Gaki-san…. Gaki-san… I can’t believe it… Gaki-san…”

“We’ve lost her.” Linlin said after waving her hand back and forth in front of Eri’s face. Junjun tried to shake her up to bring her back but to no avail.

“Poor Eri. It must have been a shocking day for her…”

“I SEE A PATTERN!!!!” The others were at the sudden squeal of the miracle girl.

“Are you planning to ruin our ears with your shout?!” Koharu ignored Reina for the second time and continued grinning like a little girl who had just seen her favourite toy.

“There’s a pattern! Yoshizawa-san and Fujimoto-san were our former leaders right? And now, Gaki-san and Ai-san…. So, the next leaders will probably have a relationship too!”

“Not a bad theory…” Aika nodded in agreement.

“~KYAAAH!!!” The others turned around and saw Sayumi blushing real hard.

“What happened to you?” Junjun asked the person nearest to her.

“I was just wondering who will be my partner~~” Reina raised her eyebrow.

“Nani?! Why do you think you will be the next leader?”

“Because I’m the cutest among you!”

The End


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ What Happened Next

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki