I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

Chapter 38  

4/16/2008

chapter 38



“What’s her real personality?” Rika asked curiously.

“Well, it’s just that… she’s always making other people stay away from them. You know, like the F4 in Hana Yori Dango… She wouldn’t want anyone to enter in their own world.” Aya explained. She sat right next to Rika.

“But Makino had been able to ‘enter’ in Domyouji’s little world and changed him right? Try to think about it… Rika’s somewhat like Makino Tsukushi, and Miki’s Domyouji Tsukasa!” Sayu exclaimed.

“Yeah your right! And maybe Hitomi is… ano… Hanazawa Rui? She’s somewhat the shy type.” Eri seconded while massaging her imaginary beard.

“Why are you comparing me with that anime? Geez, that’s the weirdest thing that I’ve heard today.”
“Onee-san!!! THAT’S INDIRECT KISSING!!!!”
“Correction, that’s the second WEIRDEST thing that I’ve heard today.”

“And what’s the first?” Reina asked playfully.

“You don’t wanna know…”

“Anyways, just be careful with them… So you won’t get hurt.” Aya said the last part with a hint of sadness.

“I smell like someone’s got a grudge on Miki! My ‘gay’ radar’s never failed me. I always have a hunch that you have a crush on Hitomi but her sister’s always in the way… right?” Eri poked Aya’s side.

Aya stood up to leave. She turned back at them; her face was filled with sadness.
“You don’t know what’s the real reason behind it…” After saying that, she went out of the gym.

“Ok… what was that?” Reina said. All of them were silent until Sayu suddenly remembered that they have to facilitate the students who wanted to join in the futsal club. They said goodbye to Rika and left. Rika on the other hand was immersed in her own world, thinking deeply.

……….
“I should have joined the basketball club….”

“What were you saying sis, I didn’t catch that?” Miki sarcastically said.

“I said, I should have joined the basketball club also. Otousan said yesterday that I should try other sports, and I would like to join basketball club because it’s my second favorite sport.” Hitomi elucidated without looking at her sister.

“Is that the real reason or because Rika joined that club? Don’t you dare come near her.” Miki said in a flat tone. Hitomi could sense that her sister was trying to restrain her anger… or jealousy? Hitomi knew that the slightest change of tone of Miki means that her mood is also changing. Though other people didn’t notice such a minute change, being Miki’s sister, she knew when or when not to press the matter further. She just stood silent and focused on watching the students who were trying to get in the club.

……….
“But Makino has been able to ‘enter’ in Domyouji’s little world and changed him right?”


“Was I like Makino? What is it in me that make other people change their behavior?”
Rika whispered to herself. She was studying what happened in the past and her situation right now. She was able to change Maki… or she was able to make Maki return to her normal self, as she said in her revelation in the Ferris wheel. And now, Miki. She just heard the rumor that Miki’s somewhat a bully or a terror student in this school but she never saw her in full force. She just had a glimpse of that attitude when Miki and Hitomi were fighting almost every morning.

Maki was different from Miki. She approached Maki with a goal to become her friend at first but eventually it evolved in them being more than friends. Miki on the other hand approached her at first as a prey but then after a short period of time, Miki was the one making the first move for them to become more than friends. Rika was thinking at this thought, deeply that she didn’t notice the ball coming her way.

“Rika, abunai!”

“Was that Maki’s voice?” Rika looked up and saw the ball coming. She immediately caught it with her hands.

“That was close… It’s good that I went here just in time… Are you alright?”

Rika looked back to see the person whom the voice was coming.
“Ehh? What are you doing here? I thought that you’re facilitating the club?”

“I left it to Hitomi for a while. I just want to check on you.” Miki replied while smiling.

Rika tried to hide her blushing face. “Thanks… If it weren’t for you, the ball might have hit my face...”

“Ishikawa! It’s your turn to play!” The basketball coach, Iida-sensei shouted across the gym. Rika bowed to Miki and ran towards the court to give back the ball, and join the game.

Rika was annoyed at herself for being super conscious about her every move, knowing that Miki’s watching her from the sides. She tried to compose herself, and focused hard on the game. After a while, the game was finished and Rika’s team won. Miki got Rika’s towel from the bag and stood up.

“Sugoi! You’re really good at basketball…” Miki tried to wipe Rika’s sweat off her face, but Rika got the towel from Miki’s hand and wiped it off herself.

“Thanks, shouldn’t you be back at the field? I guess your team is waiting for you.”

“Nah, they are HAPPY that I’m not there… Besides, I want to spend more time with you.”

Rika stared at Miki. This girl was making her perplex.
”I see myself at her when I was ‘bugging’ Maki… I was so persistent back then… Will she be able to make me close to her? Did she really change because of me?”

……………
“Hitomi! Where’s your sister?! We need her now!” Nakazawa’s roar was enough to make the whole field tense though she was only referring to one person. Hitomi put on a ‘surprised’ look.

“I don’t know, she was here a minute ago…”

“Well, for your information, she’s been missing for almost 20 minutes! Now go find your sister!”

Hitomi went inside their building. She had a hunch about her sister’s whereabouts. She went directly in the gym and saw that Miki was talking to Rika at the bench. She saw that Rika was still somewhat aloof to her sister.
You must learn to fight back too. I know its wrong too hurt other people but you have a reason to do that… It’s called self defense. You’re so nice that that people wanted to take advantage of it…


“Can I do it? Will I gather enough courage to fight with my sister? This is the first time that I felt this way towards another person…. Rika…. I really like you…”


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Chapter 38

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki