I’m One of the muses, A common wood nymph roaming around Parnassus, Happy with my little sweet pea. With her delicate, fragrant flowers Carried on long, slim stalks, She captivated me. I ran to her flaming with desire. I am flaming. Burning Blazing with desire. Too hot for my sweet pea. Because she’s so delicate, So delicate for me. As I touch her, she transformed into ashes. I burnt her. And out of a haze, you were formed. Like smoke given out by fire. A fireweed that sprang up in the burnt over area. A replacement, I thought. You quenched my thirst. Suffuse my hunger. My desire. I came to you for a crown And you gave me a kingdom. You made me eat on a golden plate And drink from your cup of diamonds. But like a common pitcher plant, Cut your base open And there you’ll find my body’s remains trapped inside. A pitfall in the middle of the forest. I will name you Venus? The goddess with a seducing brilliant red trap. Open to all beings that needs nurturing. Show your bosom and all will crave for your milk. From a butterfly, you turned me to an ant. When I brushed only slightly against your skin, You closed within an instant. Rigid spines on the margins of you blades interlock tightly. As soon as I was trapped, You digested me. Used me as a nutrient material. I know this is about to last for only a week. By the time your leaf reopens, You’ll be reedy for other sufferers. Trapped inside, I accepted my fate. Then there she came one spring day. My little delicate sweet pea. Now a spring beauty in full bloom. A low perennial herb. With narrow, succulent leaves And loose cluster of white and pink flowers. But your leaf has closed. I cannot escape.

The Hospital  

8/14/2007

A post at last!!! I'm going to post this Johnny's version (Ueda-Koki fic) which I based on my experience when I caught a fever two weeks ago. Please enjoy! :)


The Hospital

“Koki, it’s time to eat dinner!” Tatsuya Ueda called downstairs. The rest of KAT-TUN members were out on a vacation. Ueda didn’t come with them because no one will take care of their apartment. Koki on the other hand just wanted to spend his free time inside the house. When Koki didn’t answer, Ueda checked his room. He noticed that the aircon was off and it’s quite hot inside the room but Koki managed to sleep in that situation… It’s so hot but Koki was wrapped in a blanket. Ueda tried to wake him up.

“Hey Koki, I said…. You’re HOT!!! My goodness… Are you alright? Let’s go to the hospital.”

“I don’t want to…” Koki responded weakly.

“You must go! It may not be just a simple cold.”

“I’m alright, just give me medicine and I’ll be ok.”

“No, we will go to the hospital right now! It may not be simple as you think.”

“Do I have too? I’m sure that it’s just a common cold. I’ll be ok.”

Ueda removed the blanket covering Koki. “I’ll carry you whether you like it or not… It’s final.. We should go now!”

“Fine, fine… Get me a sweater. It’s kinda cold.”

Ueda called a taxi to get them to the nearest hospital which nearly took about 5 minutes before they arrived.

“Sumimasen, ano… My friend here has a fever and I just want to know whether he will be fine.” Ueda said to the nurse at the reception area.

“Does he already have an account here?”

Ueda looked at Koki. He nodded. “My doctor here is Dr. Nakayama.” He also told his full name when the nurse asked about it then, they were summoned to the waiting area.

“Apparently, Dr. Nakayama is still on the way here. Do you want other doctors to treat you or you can wait for him?” The nurse asked while checking Koki’s temperature on the thermometer.

“It’s ok, I’ll wait for him.”
The nurse turned towards Ueda. “He’s hot. 39.5 degrees. I think it’s better to have his blood checked now so when the doctor comes, he can see the results already. I’ll get the referral slip.”

“What did she say?” Koki asked

“She said that you must get your blood checked up.”

“Blo…blood?” Koki stuttered

“Yah… I think it’s called CBC… Well, it’s just a small thing really. They will get blood at your fingertips to examine.” Ueda noticed that Koki became pale while he was explaining.

“And that involves being pricked by needles…. Right?” Koki asked Ueda His voice was somewhat trembling.

“Are you scared of needles?” Ueda playfully asked.

“No!...Of course… not… It’s Ok.. really.” Koki just lied but Ueda noticed that.

“Don’t worry, it feels like a bite from an ant. Sometimes, you won’t even feel a thing.”

“Thanks for making me feel better.” Koki smiled but it immediately vanished when the nurse came back with a paper in which she handed over to Ueda.

“Take this to the laboratory at the end of the hall for her CBC. And give this to him,” the nurse handed a tablet to Ueda, “to lower your friend’s body temperature.”

Ueda nodded and summoned Koki to follow him. Koki looked up at the ceiling. He knew that it’s not that painful but it seems that he had a ‘little’ phobia on needles. He reluctantly followed Tatsuya who was already at the end of the hall.

“Geez, I’m the one who’s sick here… And the one who will lose blood but he’s the one getting overexcited about it.”


They arrived at the laboratory. Ueda handed the request slip at the medical technician. The med.tech. gave him a receipt and then, told him to pay at the cashier. Koki didn’t want to stay alone in that ‘dreaded’ place so even though he had a difficulty in walking because of his high fever, he chose to come with Ueda to the cashier.

“The nurse gave this for your fever.” He handed him the tablet and the bottled water. Koki drank the medicine while they were walking. The tablet almost got stuck to his dry throat but he managed to swallow the medicine before it unleashes its bitter taste.

Ueda proceeded to the cashier while Koki sat down at the bench nearby. It’s already past 8 in the evening that time and there were no people in that area besides them. He looked at his right side, there’s Tatsuya and the cashier. On his front, there’s a dimly lit, empty corridor leading to an exit. On his left side was the door to the E. R. with a wheel chair and a dextrose stand beside it. And behind him, where he supports his back, was a stair leading to the 2nd floor of that hospital. He didn’t know whether he was having some hallucination because of his high fever but, he saw something. There was something moving at the door in the end of the corridor in front of him. He decided not to look at it anymore so he shifted his vision on his left side. He wished he didn’t do it because he could see a silhouette sitting at the wheelchair. His shaking increased more due to the sightings. He then heard someone coming down from the stairs and saw the shadow of a little girl, but it disappeared at the last step. Scared, he decided to close hiseyes.

“Hey, are you sleepy already?” Ueda touched Koki’s shoulder which made the other jumped up from shock.

“Are you ok?”

“H… Hai… I guess the fever’s getting on me.” Koki lied. He didn’t want to scare Ueda by telling him what he saw.

“Let’s go to the laboratory now. Ueda supported Koki as he was standing up. Going to the laboratory means passing the E.R. room with the wheelchair. Koki asked Ueda to switch places with him. Ueda agreed without further questions. He was glad that he hadn’t told Uedai about the old woman at the wheelchair, otherwise he would be the one who’s near the wheelchair while they pass it by. They arrived at the laboratory and Ueda gave the receipt from the cashier. The medical technician got the alcohol, cotton, a small glass tube… and the needle.

“Please sit here.” The med.tech told Koki. Koki gave Ueda a pleading look.

“Ganbattemasu!” Tatsuya said before laughing.

Koki was somewhat annoyed with Ueda but his irritation disappeared immediately when the med.tech. got his left hand and started to wipe it with the cotton drenched in alcohol. Koki closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He heard a clipping sound and his ring finger hurt simultaneously. He opened one eye and looked at Uedai.

“It’s finished.” Ueda smiled.

Koki looked at what the med.tech. was doing. She was collecting the blood inside the small glass tube.

“Just wait for the results. I’ll just give it to the nurse”

“Hai, Arigatou.” They both said before going out of the room. They met the nurse at the door and told them to wait at the E.R. room since that’s where the doctor’s assigned this night.

“Of all the places… why the E.R.? I can wait at the waiting area even though its cold…” Koki told himself while he was sitting near the doctor’s table in the E.R. Ueda was standing near the door near the waiting area, watching a show on the tv. On the right side of Ueda, was the door with the wheelchair and dextrose stand. He couldn’t bear to look at Ueda. Looking at Ueda would mean he might catch a glimpse of the figure on the wheelchair on the other side of the glass door.

“Ueda, come hear and talk to me.” Koki said without looking at him.

“I’m watching Gackt-san’s new taiga drama. It’s almost finished now.”

“Please, come here… I’m bored.” Koki pleaded but Ueda just threw his Mp3 player.

“If you’re bored, listen to that. I’ll come there within thirty minutes.”

“Ehh, but I thought you said it’s almost finished?”

“Shhh, I’m watching. I can’t understand it.”

Koki didn’t push the matter anymore. He put the earphones on his ears and listened to the song while keeping his eyes tightly shut. He was enjoying the songs when he heard a cold, dark voice which is not part of the song.

~ Help me……. Help me please…… Help me…….~

He didn’t finish the song and turned the player immediately. “UEDA!”

Tatsuya rushed to Koki. “Why? Has your fever worsened? Do you feel pain anywhere? Tell me what’s wrong!”

“Just stay here… Onegai. Talk to me, glare at me or something. I don’t care. I just want for you to stay here. Don’t leave me alone.” Koki said to Ueda while holding back his tears. Ueda held Koki’s hands and nod. They stayed in that position for almost an hour. Ueda kept telling funny stories to Koki.

“Stop it. You may worsen my fever!”

“Hey, you know what they always say, ‘Laughter is the best medicine.’”

“But I guess it’s not applicable in my situation right now.” Kokie laughed. Then the door opened suddenly and Dr. Nakayama came in. The nurse also came in with the results from the lab.

“Konbanwa! Are you my patient?” Dr. Nakayama asked Koki.

“Hai.”

“When was that?”

“Two years ago?”

“…. Oh yeah! Now I remember… You had a long hair back then right?”

“Hai.” Koki answered while touching his bald head now.

Dr. Nakayama read the results of the CBC. He then got his stethoscope and asked Koki to breathe in and out. “When did you start feeling sick?” He asked while checking Koki’s temperature.

“Two days ago, I had a runny nose. And then yesterday, it worsened and I had a sore throat. I managed to prevent that by taking Strepsils. I was feeling alright this morning. We had a dance rehearsal earlier before our friends went on vacation but when I woke up this evening from my afternoon nap, I felt cold.”

“Hmm, it seems that there’s an infection on your white blood cells.” Koki and Ueda looked at the results of the CBC. They saw that the number of the white blood cells exceeded the normal amount.

“You must take Amoxicillin 3 times a day for a week. Also, take Paracetamol every four hours until your fever disappears. Then come back here on Saturday for another checkup.” The doctor smiled while jotting down on the paper his prescription. Koki thanked him and went outside, via the door leading to the waiting area. He didn’t go with Ueda on the cashier and just waited for him in the waiting area. After a while, they went out of the hospital and waited for a taxi to come.

“I didn’t know that you’re such a scaredy cat. You were afraid of a small needle… Hahahaha!” Ueda laughed at Koki.

“You have no idea what I’ve been through.” Koki answered. A taxi came and picked them.

“Well, I guess being scared like that; it must be a traumatic experience for you before, nee?”

“Yah, a very traumatic experience indeed. This is the last time that I will get sick.”


The end

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ The Hospital

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster

Header by Maki